• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Gegard says PFL is the worst promotion he's ever worked for.

Should Gegard Mousasi resign with the UFC ?

• Total voters
Mous has always only been about the money. He left the UFC for more money. Unfortunately his fighting skills did not improve.

Will probably go to Karate Combat and finally fight Rockhard.

But would love to see him vs Izzy or Whittaker.
Always wanted to see him vs Whittaker.

In an alternate universe the Bisping vs GSP fight doesn't happen, Moose starches Bisping end of 2017, and we have Whittaker vs Moose bout go down in 2018

“Occasionally we’ll have a fighter grumble,” Davis said on the “Weighing In” podcast with John McCarthy and Josh Thomson. “It’s one of 205 (fighters we acquired from Bellator). You expect five to 10 percent issues on any deal. You can’t be perfect. You can be 90 to 95 percent. We’ve had a handful of people say, ‘Oh, I wish it went this way, I wish it went that way.’ I’m delighted. I’m very, very proud of how we treated our fighters. How we treat our employees. Most of all, the product. We just completed our second (Bellator show) in Paris, which was awesome. We didn’t sit on this for six months. We didn’t take a year off. We didn’t lay off 100 fighters. All the stuff that always happens in all acquisitions. So I just could not be more proud.

“I’ll say two things: One, what I’m super proud of is the market, and anyone you talk to – fighters, business partners, media, mangers – we’re direct, fair and reasonable. 100 percent. That’s my 35 years in business. That’s the culture we’ve built here. So I will say, without commenting out of respect on individual negotiations and specifics situations – we’re direct, fair and reasonable with everybody that we deal with. Will everybody’s contract be honored? Of course. Do some people have different ideas of what works and what doesn’t work? Sure. But we’re fair and reasonable with everybody. Will all 205 fighters (from Bellator) have everything fall the way they want? No.”

Donn Davis is so fucking unlikeable

Where does this John McCarthy fella work?

Would they even want him back? He's about to be 39, coming off two losses over the last 2 years. And he's not going to accept a cheap deal i'd imagine.

remember when everyone was throwing office pizza parties because PFL signed Ngannou and Jake Paul, bought Bellator, and allowed Ngannou to box? it was supposed to be a sign that the PFL was getting serious on challenging the UFC and that they were going to be "fighter's first".

not even a year later, Ngannou gets brutally KO'd for the first time ever at age 37, Jake Paul is fighting a geriatric in boxing with zero confirmation he's actually fighting in PFL, no date on when Ngannou vs Ferriera is supposed to happen just a vague "no later than September" quote from Donn Davis, Kayla Harrison leaves PFL to sign with UFC which blocked the biggest women's fight they could've put on, and some of their bigger stars: Mousasi, Douglas Lima, and Cyborg are all bitching about PFL not offering them fights to avoid paying their high purses.

seems like all PFL did was kill off Bellator and pay Ngannou to box. they're not going to compete with the UFC, they're still shit and nothing has really changed. they didn't even absorb a lot of the talent Bellator has because they're too cheap to pay them.

Lol you guys are nuts with all these "yes" votes. <lmao> Why would the UFC be interested in a nearly 39 year old fighter coming off 2 losses?

Pretty doubtful that the UFC would show any interest in him at this point.
I mean they are still paying Arlovski pretty big money, Mousasi has more left than him and is better relative to his division than he is too. I'm not sure if they would pay him what he's asking for but not sure if ONE, KSW, Karate Kombat or any of the other orgs would either. I think he could still headline a fight night or be near the top of a lesser card on name value with how weak cards are now.

He's literally only got max 2 fights left in him so UFC aint an option. He should go box.

Love Gegard but his best days are past him. I think Karate Combat would be an awesome fit for him at this stage in his career. He's old as black pepper and has tons of miles on the clock. MMA training takes an extreme toll on your body, not just the fights. Let him put on the pajama pants, take some Russian vitamins and knock out Smilin' Sam and Rocksalt.

I mean they are still paying Arlovski pretty big money, Mousasi has more left than him and is better relative to his division than he is too. I'm not sure if they would pay him what he's asking for but not sure if ONE, KSW, Karate Kombat or any of the other orgs would either. I think he could still headline a fight night or be near the top of a lesser card on name value with how weak cards are now.
Arvloski took a pay cut and is buddies with Dana, that's why he's still around. The UFC don't like to keep the highly paid vets around unless they're willing to take a pay cut and be fine with only being on fight night cards and PPV prelims fighting unranked guys.

ONE FC maybe, i doubt the UFC takes him back unless they lowball him badly.

Edit,: As mentioned above, Karate Combat sounds about right for him.

Last edited:
my favorite fighter of all time
moose is criminally underrated
but he's too old to make another run in ufc imo
he should retire into sunset. so far his record is really good. he doesn't wanna pull a anderson silva and retire after a 8 fights losing streak

Big Mousasi fan, but I think it’s time for him to retire. AFAIK he owns a gym still, I can’t imagine he needs the money. He’s a ways past his best, now would be a good time to just call it quits.

That said, I’ll watch if he does sign somewhere.

Back