News Gegard Mousasi Injured - Out of Bellator 214

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
This is the first time Mousasi pulled from a fight. The injury must be serious <6>

I hope it's not the knee <mma1>

Do they find a bum for Lovato to squash or is that too risky.

Between Pico/Corrales, Swagger's debut and obviously the GOAT Fedor Emelianenko fighting, the card still holds my interest but this is a pretty big blow to the event.

Not risky; Lovato has shown that he beats anyone who isn't very good, including solid UFC-caliber guys like Gerald Harris and John Salter.

On an unrelated note, love the reference to the IFL fight song in your avatar and signature. One of the funniest things to ever come out of MMA.

He's fought everywhere against everyone. Stop it.

Hey I'm one of Mousasi's biggest fans but this kind of thing can happen to anyone and is perfectly understandable. When you have so much to lose it's easy to get nervous about putting it on the line. I just hope it's not a sign of things to come is all.

Hey I'm one of Mousasi's biggest fans but this kind of thing can happen to anyone and is perfectly understandable. When you have so much to lose it's easy to get nervous about putting it on the line. I just hope it's not a sign of things to come is all.

If he's hurt, he's hurt. I'll take it at face value.

Yes, most MMA cards used to be full of well known fighters now they really limited it. I would say the change started around the time Reebok started and got worse in the last few years. Guys like Clementi, Sam Stout, Sam Fisher, Matt Weiman, ect(guys that were well known and put on exciting fights but weren't necessarily top level) used to fill cards and they would have a few unknown guys and slowly introduce new talent to build up. Now it's mostly new fighters with a few well known on each card.
Yeap do agree, they are trying to go the boxing route where you have the main fight and then only the big boxing fans know the other names....

Mma just isn't at that level yet (unless it's a Conor, gsp, Brock) main event etc.

Yes, most MMA cards used to be full of well known fighters now they really limited it. I would say the change started around the time Reebok started and got worse in the last few years. Guys like Clementi, Sam Stout, Sam Fisher, Matt Weiman, ect(guys that were well known and put on exciting fights but weren't necessarily top level) used to fill cards and they would have a few unknown guys and slowly introduce new talent to build up. Now it's mostly new fighters with a few well known on each card.

the UFC roster was like 100 fighters at that time.

They have 500+ now. There's still guys that put on exciting fights but aren't necessarily top level (Lando, even PMP). But everyone just calls them cans because they lose. You aren't allowed to lose in MMA anymore without sherdoggers telling you how awful you are as a fighter.

Are you saying that the cards are as good as they were a few years ago?

No nothing can compete with those Chris Leben, Diego Sanchez, Kenny Florian headlined cards. They were the pinnacle of the sport.

They have 500+ now. There's still guys that put on exciting fights but aren't necessarily top level (Lando, even PMP). But everyone just calls them cans because they lose. You aren't allowed to lose in MMA anymore without sherdoggers telling you how awful you are as a fighter.

And every ppv without multiple title fights is a piece of shit. Most people are idiots.

In MMA you typically don't get eight mid-level or warm-up fights in between big names. For your ranking you get a murderers row and we're not even delving into the style differential of most fights.

because it's big news so why not, also @Arkridge and some others were thinking on merging ufc and bellator some time ago. not sure what happened with it, but I happen to agree with it

Its two ways
If they move Bellator to UFC area, a lot of stuff will get lost & moved down many pages due to the volume of UFC threads.
Plus the other orgs in this area will be hurt by the Bellator fans not coming in.

damnit. wanted to see him vs lovato. hopefully he stays on the card and beats up some can

You can't listen to trolls. My point is the UFC used to have a bunch of well known mid level guys that put on exciting fights and they didn't phase them out they sort of just stopped paying them/released them at the end of their contracts without building up new names of similar skill to replace them. They put too many new fighters on each card too quickly.

No nothing can compete with those Chris Leben, Diego Sanchez, Kenny Florian headlined cards. They were the pinnacle of the sport.

You're missing my point completely, i'm not saying the top level fights aren't good they are, it's the undercards, the fight nights ect that don't have many well known fighters. Cards used to be full of names like you mentioned but they wouldn't be the main event, they would be on the undercard or early on the main card. The UFC didn't build up names of new guys while phasing out the old well known guys. They quickly saturated cards with a bunch of people no one has seen before too quickly.

This is the first time Mousasi pulled from a fight. The injury must be serious <6>

I hope it's not the knee <mma1>
Actually 2nd ( Kyle- acl) but youre right, he comes to fight on weight ,clean or mildly injured everytime.FIFTEEN YEARS.

Back