News Gegard Mousasi Injured - Out of Bellator 214

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Smh ducking MW GOAT Lovato Jr

He would have gotten subbed faster than he got subbed by Jacare

Lovato Jr is a beast and it is entirely possible he is the best fighter (and person) who has ever lived
Yeah- it took a juiced hulking jacare to get job done and look quite frustrated at times as it took the better part 3 rounds of him making Gegard carry his weight as Mousasi defended well for awhile EARLY in his UFC tenure. They're 1-1. Today Mousasi is a -240 favorite over the older and "mini' jacare we see today.
.....im just saying.

Gegard arguably........ARGUABLY , top 185er today. This should be returned to heavies - UFC caliber.....ufc forms (just a personal theory I believe in---- the guy did leave on a 5 fight stoppage streak and in his prime otherwise I wouldn't speak/post)

Funny how every thread immediately dies after getting moved from the heavies to the worldwide subforum.

You can't listen to trolls. My point is the UFC used to have a bunch of well known mid level guys that put on exciting fights and they didn't phase them out they sort of just stopped paying them/released them at the end of their contracts without building up new names of similar skill to replace them. They put too many new fighters on each card too quickly.

well with 500 guys , not everyone is gonna know everyone (hell, I don't know everyone and I watch every card and basically almost every single fight the UFC puts out). They have to give their fighters fights. Did I prefer it when I knew everyone n lots of guys were putting on exciting fights? Sure, I liked rooting for certain guys. But, at the end of the day, I care about good fights. And even with 500 fighters, they still put on good fights.

In MMA you typically don't get eight mid-level or warm-up fights in between big names. For your ranking you get a murderers row and we're not even delving into the style differential of most fights.

yeah this is why I laugh at people who say "X fighter was always overrated" etc when they lose to other top ranked guys. It's a 1 on 1 sport, someone has to win someone has to lose. Just because you lose that day though doesn't mean you suck. All im sayin

well with 500 guys , not everyone is gonna know everyone (hell, I don't know everyone and I watch every card and basically almost every single fight the UFC puts out). They have to give their fighters fights. Did I prefer it when I knew everyone n lots of guys were putting on exciting fights? Sure, I liked rooting for certain guys. But, at the end of the day, I care about good fights. And even with 500 fighters, they still put on good fights.

I'm not saying the new people shouldn't get fights but they should have introduced them slower and kept the big name mid level guys longer to promote these new guys so we would get to know who they are quicker. It brings more interest to the new guys when they are up against a big name of similar level so we can see where they stack up quickly. They did/do too many new guy vs new guy match ups and it's harder to get to know who these new guys are and how good they are when there's no measuring stick in the match ups.

I'm not saying the new people shouldn't get fights but they should have introduced them slower and kept the big name mid level guys longer to promote these new guys so we would get to know who they are quicker. It brings more interest to the new guys when they are up against a big name of similar level so we can see where they stack up quickly. They did/do too many new guy vs new guy match ups and it's harder to get to know who these new guys are and how good they are when there's no measuring stick in the match ups.

i agree it'd be cool to see the new guys take on more known guys so it peaks fan interest, but, there just aren't that many recognizable names in the middle of the pack anymore imo.

i agree it'd be cool to see the new guys take on more known guys so it peaks fan interest, but, there just aren't that many recognizable names in the middle of the pack anymore imo.

I know, they let them go when their contracts expired, I think it was a financial decision but IMO it would have been better if they kept them 1-2 years longer and build up all these new guys. Gotta build up the new names as the current known fighters decline. They still have Jim Miller around but he's mostly fighting other guys like him that used to be top level guys but aren't anymore.

That sucks. But Bellator should be ok especially with UFC not running that night. Just have to wonder if Lovato stays top contender or if a certain former UFC champ who beat Mousasi and is a much bigger name gets the next shot.

How long will Mousasi be out? Bellator let HW title sit for almost 5 years without doing an interim title so cant even say they'd do one if Mousasi is out for a while, which they should. Machida/lovato would be a good interim title fight.

Gegard arguably........ARGUABLY , top 185er today. This should be returned to heavies - UFC caliber.....ufc forms (just a personal theory I believe in---- the guy did leave on a 5 fight stoppage streak and in his prime otherwise I wouldn't speak/post)
There are tons of "UFC caliber" fights in Bellator. They're still happening in Bellator, hence not discussing them in the UFC forum.

Super bummed we're losing this fight, this was a really stacked card. I do hope somebody steps in so Lovato can still fight. A couple other good fights on the card to be excited about, but this was definitely my most anticipated fight on the night.

There are tons of "UFC caliber" fights in Bellator. They're still happening in Bellator, hence not discussing them in the UFC forum.

Super bummed we're losing this fight, this was a really stacked card. I do hope somebody steps in so Lovato can still fight. A couple other good fights on the card to be excited about, but this was definitely my most anticipated fight on the night.
I was just talking Gegard and being facetious as he left the ufc under extremely rare conditions ... (winning streak of 5 stoppages,overall record, in prime etc.- in fact i dont remember anyone under the combined situations that UFC didn't make paramount effort to hold on to)- ( outside " the trade ")

Really sucks. I was actually really pumped for this fight. Lovato has looked class so far. Man, seeing Lovato fight like how he has been I've just been thinking, "Man, wish Lovato got into MMA a decade ago", SMH. Hope Mousasi has a good recovery though.

Weak. I thought Mousasi was going to win two more at MW and then fight for the Bellator LH title just to do it.

Last edited:
Weak. I thought Mousasi was going to win two more at MW and then fight for the Bellator LH title just to do it.
He still can. It's just going to be a few more months away, actually lines up better for Bader assuming he win the HW tournament, now he can fight Krylov around the time of moose/jr then Minakov/bader around moose/Machida, then build the champion vs champion since they're both out of contenders.

Is there any update from bellator on a replacement fighter or fight in general for the card?

Last edited:
Back