Gegard Mousasi Bellator contract done?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by kingghidrah, Nov 4, 2020.

1. kingghidrah Green Belt

Moose signed a 6-fight deal with Bellator and he's fought in Bellator six times. He might be due to re-up.

Just a thought: with Izzy chasing the 205 crown, why not bring in Mousasi to fight Whitaker for the interim MW belt, or at least top contender status?

Moose left the UFC b/c he wasn't getting a title shot with the division so crowded (back then) with contenders, despite winning 5 straight. But now the very top of the MW division is thin and Moose would probably jump back to the UFC if he knew beating Whitaker would get him a belt or a title shot after.

Of course Dana doesn't think Moose is a draw and doesn't like him, so it may never happen.

Does anyone know if Moose signed a contract extension yet w/Bellator?

SouthSide971, Roljo, pick999 and 6 others like this.
  2. ArtemV Gold Belt

Mousasi isn't beating any of the top middleweights, his time has passed - especially when Jacare dominated him.

Maybe in your head he can win though, worth a shot?

3. TheSpider Brown Belt

Mousasi beats Adesanya who went life and death with WW Gastelum and should have lost to oldman Romero

swarrrm, AminoAcid, Roljo and 8 others like this.
  4. PicoPulse Bellator Shill

Id like to see it hes obviously still top talent

5. GueseGuy Brown Belt

I think he re-signed for more after that contract. He’s staying with Bellator. It might be hard for some ppl to believe but nobody gives a fuck about fighting for Dana White and having a “legacy” in the UFC if they’re not being compensated fairly. These fans praying for Mousasi to come back to a place he left sound ridiculous. He left for a reason. The UFC doesn’t respect nor fairly compensate their fighters. He’s not going back.

6. JayPettryMMA Danger Zone Aficionado Staff Member Sherdog.com Staff

Bellator has a champion provision in its fighter contracts. Mousasi's not getting out unless he loses his title.

7. Kono dio da! Giorno's Father

C'mon man. That's unlikely. Very unlikely. Does he beat gastelum? Yes . Costa? Yes. Brunson, rockhold, weidman and even current romero? Yes. Whittaker? Maybe. Adesanya? No. Unlikely boss. Come on now. Okay, great leg kicks, best jab, great top game, decent take downs. Look I'm not very knowledgeable but that's mostly it right? The top game would be a factor if he could effectively take and keep izzy down. I don't think he can. Jab lands. But izzy keep him out of range. Plus gegard plods. Adesanya glides around the cage. I'd love Mousasi to win. I don't like loud mouth flashy strikers who don't wrestle. But izzy all day.

8. IloveTHIS Humble Narcissist

Lmao ok guy

9. Kingz Gold Belt

I doubt they would put him in a fight as a favorite vs. their WW champion for a vacant MW title if it was the last fight of his contract. Probably quietly re-upped or have agreed to re-up.

watching Mousasi vs. Jardine on Showtime now. Mousasi got hosed

Nip Tickler, Chivas GDL and Vegeta like this.
  10. pizzle Silver Belt

Edmond

11. LetThemBleed Red Belt

Fair point though I'd take issue with your reference about it just being his UFC legacy, it's his legacy at MW overall, there's nobody of note at Bellator in the MW ranks, if as I expect you're right that he's likely re-signed he'll be fighting no-names. After fighting what Salter and maybe Tokov about the only way he could impress is if he starts chasing a LHW title.

12. TriangleMonkey Red Belt

Always a fan of Moose, idk know if he’s willing to come back though, maybe for an immediate ts, even an interim ts.....

13. GueseGuy Brown Belt

Bellator will find someone else to challenge once those guys face him. It’s just like the UFC. They will build someone up. Plus Mousasi’s resume is already made. He’s 47-7 and he’s fought and had success in every major promotion that has ever mattered in mma history. He could retire now and be an all time great. Anything he does in Bellator is just icing on the cake.

14. Scheme Black Belt

Mousasi has a recent win over the #2 LHW by KO

careto, tehMoose, waldywaldy and 5 others like this.
  15. Stormtrooper85 Black Belt

The guy who just fought Lima isn't winning any UFC titles.

Stop these foolish posts

Emporio Alnino likes this.
  16. Mike RIP Frankie

Bring him back to the ufc so he can lose some fights again and his delusional fanbase can stfu for awhile.

17. HHJ Fedor and Khabib Supremacist

They want him to come back because they want to see him fight the best guys. They dont care why he left. Dana wasnt going to give him a fair shake though. Its funny cos if he did win,theyll probably be like dana a min after he wins the belt. "Kind of a boring champ tbh"

GoshiShun17 and GueseGuy like this.
  18. hoevan Blue Belt

Right back to it. Less than a week removed from his fight and he is a can again. Wtf sherdog?

noizer likes this.
  19. DarthChen731 Gold Belt

I'd fuck with him fighting Izzy, I think there's enough left in the tank to make it worth it. IMO would need to win a fight back in the UFC for formality's sake, tho.

20. kalabula Red Belt

Haha. My god. Seriously. He’s fun to watch and seems like a good dude. But ppl act like he’s the GOAT. His UFC run was pretty unimpressive.