Gegard Mousasi Bellator contract done?

My main issue with you is that you think mousasi is like remotely better than bisping ( correct me if I'm off with that [ your opinion] ) ....that's just funny and this is one instance WHERE YOU CAN APPLY MMA MATH due to the common opponents ,the same time line they fought them within and their predominant standing styles. Other than that- mousasi aside - I acknowledge u a decent poster.

Thanks man, and we both stick to our people, never going to change. I think we agree on other topics if memory serves me correct? I think Moose is more than mildly better than Bisping, but not light years ahead of him. I've admitted this much before. I would have liked to see that fight happen, and think it would have been a good one, and my opinion is that it wouldn't have been an easy fight for Moose, like a lot of his fans think. Can you tell me that you are 100% sure that Moose would decimate Bisping and there's not a chance Bisping would out-gastank him / out-volume him, never let him get started? I just never saw it as a total destruction and gave Bisping a chance, just my opinion.

If your point with the MMA math is a Moose vs Bisping thing then yeah, you are correct. Is that really a good thing for Moose? Anybody could have taken Bisping out at that time and it wouldn't have been considered a big accomplishment.

But... more importantly, and please read this part, it looks like anybody could have taken out anybody at that point. To compare it to economics... that MW division, in retrospect, was like a booming economy, stock market was soaring, toxic loans were being passed out, everybody thought it looked great, then it got to the point where the bubble burst, and Bisping was like the correction that brought it back to normal, maybe even started a recession.

Moose didn't even fight, or beat the best people in THAT division.

Moose has fans that get straight up shitty with other people and swear he is #2, which is fine, part of me appreciates the underdoggedness of this claim and wants it to be true. But my issue, and the reason I can't justify it, is there is no proof other than "he could have", and he has a massive record. Doesn't matter to me that he "would have been champ".

Then they shit on the UFC and say organizations don't matter. I hate that the UFC has monopolized that game, and I wish organizations didn't matter, and I miss the old days when the top 10 for each division had guys from a few different organizations, and there was more mystique. You'd remember this shit, but at one point you had ranked guys in UFC, Affliction, WEC, Elite XC, .... but it hasn't been that way for a long time.

I just hold him slightly lower than you do. I'm saying this respectfully, and think you're a good poster too and respect your loyalty to your favorite fighter.

Gegard Mousasi is the most overrated fighter of all time. This Gegard Mousasi nonsense has got to stop.

Thanks man, and we both stick to our people, never going to change. I think we agree on other topics if memory serves me correct? I think Moose is more than mildly better than Bisping, but not light years ahead of him. I've admitted this much before. I would have liked to see that fight happen, and think it would have been a good one, and my opinion is that it wouldn't have been an easy fight for Moose, like a lot of his fans think. Can you tell me that you are 100% sure that Moose would decimate Bisping and there's not a chance Bisping would out-gastank him / out-volume him, never let him get started? I just never saw it as a total destruction and gave Bisping a chance, just my opinion.

If your point with the MMA math is a Moose vs Bisping thing then yeah, you are correct. Is that really a good thing for Moose? Anybody could have taken Bisping out at that time and it wouldn't have been considered a big accomplishment.

But... more importantly, and please read this part, it looks like anybody could have taken out anybody at that point. To compare it to economics... that MW division, in retrospect, was like a booming economy, stock market was soaring, toxic loans were being passed out, everybody thought it looked great, then it got to the point where the bubble burst, and Bisping was like the correction that brought it back to normal, maybe even started a recession.

Moose didn't even fight, or beat the best people in THAT division.

Moose has fans that get straight up shitty with other people and swear he is #2, which is fine, part of me appreciates the underdoggedness of this claim and wants it to be true. But my issue, and the reason I can't justify it, is there is no proof other than "he could have", and he has a massive record. Doesn't matter to me that he "would have been champ".

Then they shit on the UFC and say organizations don't matter. I hate that the UFC has monopolized that game, and I wish organizations didn't matter, and I miss the old days when the top 10 for each division had guys from a few different organizations, and there was more mystique. You'd remember this shit, but at one point you had ranked guys in UFC, Affliction, WEC, Elite XC, .... but it hasn't been that way for a long time.

I just hold him slightly lower than you do. I'm saying this respectfully, and think you're a good poster too and respect your loyalty to your favorite fighter.
I think it's more of a defensive move ( " shitting on UFC " ) because of the blatant lack of credit that mousasi gets for his titles gotten in every other top promotion. If this was Mamed Khalidov then obviously understandable( and he has his backers that claim well " what about him " in the great mw debate ).

" For the most part" of course the UFC is the measuring stick of your worth.....which Gegard Mousasi did just fine. It comes down to timing & circumstances and a splash ( or 3) of mma community ignorance. Bisping and Mousasi represent , imo, the opposite ends of " timing and circumstances ". The day Gegsrd left , hed be a 3-1 favorite over Bisping ( may be high 200s ....maybe). When you look at the pentagonal look at mousasi, bisping ,hendo, vitor and leites - and then look at their career line - the who and the how- I mean let's be honest. I picked those 5 cause all crossed each others path in UFC in the same time period ( except- of course- the 2). Mousasi s cardio along with his offensive wrestling had done a 180 so I dont see bisping holding any advantage at that point and Mike might look good with his stand up workmanship agsinst foes he supposed to , he sure didnt look all that great for 25 against bbj practitioner Thales leites ( not to mention some others he was HEAVILY favored to best but settled for a 15 minute dec). That was the best version of Leites and a Thales thst was no longer anemic on the feet but look what Gegard Mousasi did to that guy a mere few months later.
I dont even have to go on to vitor and hendo as that is even a deeper / more profound separation.

You seem to really know what you´re talkin´about, mate...
Hah you're as bad as the other guy who never responded. Name an opponent that was an top tier elite MW when Moose fought and beat them in the past decade. Best I can come up with is Chris Weidman coming off the back off two brutal ko losses and to call him elite at that stage is arguably generous, his continued decline is evidence of that. I don't think Belfort was elite come 2016, Henderson in 2015 doesn't fit that bill, Machida certainly wasn't still elite in 2019, he's beaten no one else of any significance in Bellator outside of WWs masquerading as MWs. I keep coming back to his best win at MW being Jacare which was in 2008, you're welcome to prove me wrong.

Mousasi isn't beating any of the top middleweights, his time has passed - especially when Jacare dominated him.

Maybe in your head he can win though, worth a shot?

Totally difference style matchup to Jacare and indeed Jacare himself not close to the same fighter he was anymore.

Hah you're as bad as the other guy who never responded. Name an opponent that was an top tier elite MW when Moose fought and beat them in the past decade. Best I can come up with is Chris Weidman coming off the back off two brutal ko losses and to call him elite at that stage is arguably generous, his continued decline is evidence of that. I don't think Belfort was elite come 2016, Henderson in 2015 doesn't fit that bill, Machida certainly wasn't still elite in 2019, he's beaten no one else of any significance in Bellator outside of WWs masquerading as MWs. I keep coming back to his best win at MW being Jacare which was in 2008, you're welcome to prove me wrong.
as bad as what, exactly, lil poster? I didnt drop any narrative.

This is what I quoted from you:

against Jacare in strikeforce in 2008? .

... which proves that you didnt watch the fight & dont know what you´re talkin´about...

It iz what it iz.

Back