Economy Gas prices

The right were crying gas prices were too high. Now they are crying that they are dropping?

<mma4>

It seems that they will continue to cry and hope for a complete economic collapse even though a collapse wont happen.
Lol who is crying? I'm sorry if I shouldn't be happy they are finally dropping some. I guess they are close to the same prices before God Biden took office right?

New refineries are not needed, just the ones that were shuttered during nosedive from pandemic need to reopen. The problem is no one wants to invest in them now because oil is a very risky bet long term. This is the result of capitalism not regulation. This was an issue with refinery capacity before the pandemic too, it just doesn't make sense to invest when long term there will be a broad transition.

A broad transition to what?

Chuds itt blamed Biden for gas prices going up and now want to give their Papa Putin a handy for them going down. Lol

Lol who is crying? I'm sorry if I shouldn't be happy they are finally dropping some. I guess they are close to the same prices before God Biden took office right?

So we saw fuel prices tank from low demand due to covid domestic producers cried. The then President asked other countries to cut production to cause an increase in demand and prices. As demand out paced production, prices climbed. A new president came into office and asked domestic oil producers to increase production. Domestic oil producers refused to increase production and even though they were seeing record profits. Current President started to take other actions to decrease price of fule. Fuel prices dropped.

Now its either " well price still arent as low as before Biden took office", or "cheap Russian oil".

<DisgustingHHH>

So we saw fuel prices tank from low demand due to covid domestic producers cried. The then President asked other countries to cut production to cause an increase in demand and prices. As demand out paced production, prices climbed. A new president came into office and asked domestic oil producers to increase production. Domestic oil producers refused to increase production and even though they were seeing record profits. Current President started to take other actions to decrease price of fule. Fuel prices dropped.

Now its either " well price still arent as low as before Biden took office", or "cheap Russian oil".

<DisgustingHHH>
You can make excuses for everything in life. Maybe you should be smarter and stop defending one side? That's a recipe for disaster

New refineries are not needed, just the ones that were shuttered during nosedive from pandemic need to reopen. The problem is no one wants to invest in them now because oil is a very risky bet long term. This is the result of capitalism not regulation. This was an issue with refinery capacity before the pandemic too, it just doesn't make sense to invest when long term there will be a broad transition.
Lol you think this is a new issue? A pandemic issue? The war between the EPA and refineries have been going on forever.
https://conservativeamericatoday.co...refineries-as-energy-supply-struggles-worsen/

Trump granted them permission to go on. Biden admin challenged it.
https://www.reuters.com/business/en...ivers-gives-most-them-some-relief-2022-04-07/

been out of the country where inflation isnt a thing, gas was 539 before, it's still 539 now, did it go up then down? it's still at beyond ridiculous levels.

I don't think even hard core leftists would call him that lol

Lol you think this is a new issue? A pandemic issue? The war between the EPA and refineries have been going on forever.
https://conservativeamericatoday.co...refineries-as-energy-supply-struggles-worsen/

Trump granted them permission to go on. Biden admin challenged it.
https://www.reuters.com/business/en...ivers-gives-most-them-some-relief-2022-04-07/

Refining capacity is down about 1 mil barrels a day from pre pandemic highs. US has lost multiple refineries in that time to closure.

This is just some chump GOP rep from Texas... Go talk to actual refiners why they are not opening up their shuttered plants and why they are not building new ones. They will tell you it takes 10 years for shareholders to get a return on their capital and they don't want to risk it. New refineries haven't really been built en mass for decades and though numerous administrations. POTUS is not god and America not the centre of the universe. You are ignoring global economic forces and and disruption that can't be controlled by some wimpy presidential decree.

Last edited:
Refining capacity is down about 1 mil barrels a day from pre pandemic highs. US has lost multiple refineries in that time to closure.

This is just some chump GOP rep from Texas... Go talk to actual refiners why they are not opening up their shutter plants and why they are not building new ones. They will tell you it takes 10 years for shareholders to get a return on their capital and they don't want to risk it. New refineries haven't really been built en mass for decades and though numerous administrations. POTUS is not god and America not the centre of the universe. You are ignoring global economic forces and and disruption that can't be controlled by some wimpy presidential decree.
You're ignoring the uncertainty the admin and dem platform brings with climate change policies.
Why do you think chevron left CA? What do you think that does for prices at the pump?

You're ignoring the uncertainty the admin and dem platform brings with climate change policies.
Why do you think chevron left CA? What do you think that does for prices at the pump?

The whole developed world has basically agreed to address climate change and make some tough choices. Trump was voted OUT of office. His policies REJECTED. Majority of American's and western people in general support substantial action on climate change. This is the direction the world is going and even many execs agree it needs to be done. The question is how to do it gracefully not whether it will be done at all. It will. The contrarians will kick and scream but it will happen.

And Chevron has not left CA.

IfSS1vN.png

The right were crying gas prices were too high. Now they are crying that they are dropping?

<mma4>

It seems that they will continue to cry and hope for a complete economic collapse even though a collapse wont happen.

Imagine demanding people be happy that they recouped 5% on their 401k after losing 50%

Ungrateful selfish bastards!!

The whole developed world has basically agreed to address climate change and make some tough choices. Trump was voted OUT of office. His policies REJECTED. Majority of American's and western people in general support substantial action on climate change. This is the direction the world is going and even many execs agree it needs to be done. The question is how to do it gracefully not whether it will be done at all. It will. The contrarians will kick and scream but it will happen.

And Chevron has not left CA.

IfSS1vN.png

"Basically agreed"

Bahahahahahahaha

Back