Economy Gas prices

fedorthegoat777

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So I live in Hawaii and get used to paying $5/gallon for gas. A few years ago, it was like .99 cents in West Virginia, $1.80 in most places. But most things are at least double here.

So gas is still $5 here. Hasn't gone up. $5.06 in Hilo right now. Went to the Midwest and it was close to $5!! What gives? Gas went up everywhere but Hawaii. How does this work? Haven't seen much price increase here on groceries or building materials, seems more stable, while all prices are rapidly increasing on the mainland.

We need this guy to make a comeback and start speaking about gas prices.

jimmy-mcmillan-too-damn-high.gif

So I live in Hawaii and get used to paying $5/gallon for gas. A few years ago, it was like .99 cents in West Virginia, $1.80 in most places. But most things are at least double here.

So gas is still $5 here. Hasn't gone up. $5.06 in Hilo right now. Went to the Midwest and it was close to $5!! What gives? Gas went up everywhere but Hawaii. How does this work? Haven't seen much price increase here on groceries or building materials, seems more stable, while all prices are rapidly increasing on the mainland.
Maybe it will take a few months to hit out there?

Right? WTF?

I moved here from Cali and get my gas from Costco in Kona, I have consistently been paying less here then in CA. Keep in mind, the gas is refined on the mainland and shipped to Hilo then sent on a barge to Kona then trucked to the gas station.

Still cheaper than where I lived in CA.

Considering it’s taking about 4+ months to send a container from middle America to Oahu I would say give it time.

With all that great Poke around gas would have to get to $10 for me to get upset

Bike to work crew checking in. Suckers!

Up here it’s $1.95 CAD per litre, which works to 5.78 USD per gallon. Diesel is crazy expensive right now.

Gardening will be popular this summer to offset food costs.

Why???? Canada has a ton of oil. Is Blackface dude as stupid as fuckface Biden???

Canada has the 3rd largest oil reserves on paper. On paper being the key words. In practice, we can only pull about 10-20% of that oil from the ground since extracting & processing the oil from the oil sands requires a crapload of natural gas, and we only have enough natural gas to turn a fraction of our reserves into usable oil.

It’s been about 24 hours. I was starting to get worried someone might forget to make one of these threads

It's almost as if the oil companies charge different rates to different regions based on what the market will bare.

Bike to work crew checking in. Suckers!

Make sure to maintain your bike... I haven't been keeping up on my maintenance and this morning I had my tire wear through and my tube developed a quick leak. Could have replaced the tube, but since the tire itself was worn through, I had an 5k walk to somewhere I could do something about it.

4.09 to an exact 4.50 around here. Unless it hits 7 bucks per gallon, it doesn't really make much difference to me but most people are clearly upset since we drive more miles than any other state in the country.

It's almost as if the oil companies charge different rates to different regions based on what the market will bare.
Different states have different tax rates. CA has thr highest gas prices because of this taxes. They also have different blends for winter and summer that CA requires. Stuff like this makes the price higher.

Back