GAME OF THRONES v12: RIP IN PEACE Edition (NO SPOILERS, NO Book Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two reasons I am not "Maximum Over Rustled!"

Jamie Lannister AND Theon Greyjoy.

If GRRM got me on their side by season 4...
I cannot wait!! I cannot effing wait!
for the horrors that await Gregor, Cersei, and Tywin. I wouldn't be surprised if I felt sorry for one of the worms before it is all over!!!!
(George don't fail me now)

Because Oberyn died there are only 2 judges so it could end in a tie.

How can anyone know what the rules are? We have no information.

by going into trial by combat, the gods became the judges, and they ruled tyrion guilty. literally, that is their law.

by going into trial by combat, the gods became the judges, and they ruled tyrion guilty. literally, that is their law.

Not only that, but did no one see Tywin literally stand up after Oberyn lost and declare Tyrion guilty and sentence him to death?

Because thats exactly what he did.

Not only that, but did no one see Tywin literally stand up after Oberyn lost and declare Tyrion guilty and sentence him to death?

Because thats exactly what he did.

True but I could see a few scenarios

Mountain dies then and there on the scene of the trial as well and Jaime gets old-ass Pycell to read some fine print thing whereby if both die at the scene of the battle, neither was favored by the gods and therefore there must be a re-trial. Then Jaime could declare himself the Imps champ and put Tywin and Cersei in a really fucking awkward situation because both know if he dies, they are fucked.

Jaime and Varys conspire to sneak Tyrion out of the city as some have suggested.

Jaime threatens to Tywin that he will publicly reveal what Tywin has been in denial about all these years- that he and Cersei are lovers and Tommen has no real claim as king, unless he spares Tyrion in spite of the trial by combat.

I liked Joffrey's death scene , I thought it was perfect that he died like a rat

Me too. Sure would have rather seen someone actively take him out but at the end of the day that death was clearly prolonged and painful as fuck. Dude suffered like he should have.

Ramsay is cunning and above all else sadistic, but he would never dare cross Roose.

He seems to be feared by most, except Roose.

And if you notice he acts much differently around him , likely due to a combination of intense respect and a bit of fear knowing what his father is capable of.

Was thinking the same (awesome avatar). Ramsay seems to legitimately respect the hell out of his father and that's why being legitimized was so important for him. When he says he will honor Rooses name and traditions, he means it (the fact that the traditions include flaying enemies, all the better).

Will be interesting to see though if Tyrion does manage to make it out of this season what happens- LF will clearly want Tyrion out of the picture and, in my opinion, if Ramsay catches wind of Sansas existence as a threat to him (her potential child would rule Winterfell eventually, rather than Ramsay) it will be cool to see how that could play out.

Two reasons I am not "Maximum Over Rustled!"

Jamie Lannister AND Theon Greyjoy.

If GRRM got me on their side by season 4...
I cannot wait!! I cannot effing wait!
for the horrors that await Gregor, Cersei, and Tywin. I wouldn't be surprised if I felt sorry for one of the worms before it is all over!!!!
(George don't fail me now)

Lol what ? Please tell me that " Theon " was a typo lol. That bastard got what he deserved, and I hope he'll have a slow and horrible death

Mountain dies then and there on the scene of the trial as well and Jaime gets old-ass Pycell to read some fine print thing whereby if both die at the scene of the battle, neither was favored by the gods and therefore there must be a re-trial. Then Jaime could declare himself the Imps champ and put Tywin and Cersei in a really fucking awkward situation because both know if he dies, they are fucked.

Jaime and Varys conspire to sneak Tyrion out of the city as some have suggested.

Jaime threatens to Tywin that he will publicly reveal what Tywin has been in denial about all these years- that he and Cersei are lovers and Tommen has no real claim as king, unless he spares Tyrion in spite of the trial by combat.

I'm not sure if the verdict can be reversed, but I can see a few scenarios where Tyrion escapes. I'm just trying to figure out how he lays low because there will be a huge bounty on his head as long as Tywin and Cersei are alive or in power. But that's probably thinking too far ahead. For all we know Stannis could take over on the last episode and then I doubt he could give a rat's ass about Joff's supposed murderer.

Kinda offtopic but meh

Wouldn't it be funny if Brienne somehow came across the Hound and Arya?

My money would be on the Hound but my heart would be with Brienne hue hue

Sorry if it's been posted, but did anyone notice the "Inside the episode"?

David Benioff confirms something that was not clear and has been debated here

Guess that puts an end to it.

They hinted at Oberyn poisoning his enemies during fights. The Mountain is alive for now but I expect him to die a few hours after the fight. It doesn't help Tyrion but Oberyn got his revenge at least.

Will be interesting to see though if Tyrion does manage to make it out of this season what happens- LF will clearly want Tyrion out of the picture and, in my opinion, if Ramsay catches wind of Sansas existence as a threat to him (her potential child would rule Winterfell eventually, rather than Ramsay) it will be cool to see how that could play out.

Technically, isn't Bran still Warden of the North? Everyone thinks he's dead, but he's still out there somewhere - wouldn't that make Roose a false Warden?

I think the second option is the most likely, followed by the third. Question is, if they sneak him out of the city, where would he go? and Tywin's and Jaimie's deal is officially off, much to tywins displeasure. It'll be interesting as f*ck to see how this unravels.

It's been said but i agree that Cerceis hatred for Tyrion is fuckin stupid. She better pray to the gods Tywin isn't gonna die anytime soon because her war against her own family will be her undoing.

Rich Stannis, Motivated Dany, and possibly Oberyns brother now aswell? The Lannisters have alot of threatening enemies now.

Guess that puts an end to it.

They hinted at Oberyn poisoning his enemies during fights. The Mountain is alive for now but I expect him to die a few hours after the fight. It doesn't help Tyrion but Oberyn got his revenge at least.

knowing Oberyn's hatred for the Mountain i would expect he would use the most slow, painful, lingering poison possible. I dont think he will die that quickly, at least i hope not.

i dont get why ppl keep saying Tyrion cant die or whatever. Of course he can. Just because he is a good actor and getting paid alot doesnt mean his character is immune from death in the GoT world. If he does live it will prob have to be across the narrow sea, where could he be safe in Westeros?? The Boltons wont take him, Stannis wont take him, Tyrells wont take him, Dorne wont take him. I just dont see where he could be safe.

Lol what ? Please tell me that " Theon " was a typo lol. That bastard got what he deserved, and I hope he'll have a slow and horrible death

Hermano?
...de la chingada!! Y puta de madre! Have you no sympathy left? Theon got way past his dues, jajaj.

Technically, isn't Bran still Warden of the North? Everyone thinks he's dead, but he's still out there somewhere - wouldn't that make Roose a false Warden?

Warden of the North is a job title that the King assigns to someone. It doesn't HAVE to go to a Stark. It just has for a very long time.

Was thinking the same (awesome avatar). Ramsay seems to legitimately respect the hell out of his father and that's why being legitimized was so important for him. When he says he will honor Rooses name and traditions, he means it (the fact that the traditions include flaying enemies, all the better).

My gut feeling is that Ramsay and Roose together are no match for Baelish mentally. Roose might be smart and damn powerful and Ramsey a good fighter with the whole psychopath / cunning thing
going. But considering that Baelish took 1 day to get the Vale lords on side, I think it wouldn't be beyond him to turn some of the big Northern houses against the Boltons.

As Tyrion noted to Tywin: "the North will not forget".

knowing Oberyn's hatred for the Mountain i would expect he would use the most slow, painful, lingering poison possible. I dont think he will die that quickly, at least i hope not.

i dont get why ppl keep saying Tyrion cant die or whatever. Of course he can. Just because he is a good actor and getting paid alot doesnt mean his character is immune from death in the GoT world. If he does live it will prob have to be across the narrow sea, where could he be safe in Westeros?? The Boltons wont take him, Stannis wont take him, Tyrells wont take him, Dorne wont take him. I just dont see where he could be safe.

I know by now that big characters die like flies in the GoT world, but i just can't see Tyrion dying, depite being sentenced to death. All the big characters that have died so far enhances the feeling that no one is safe, but i just think Tyrion is one of the few with plot-armor. Something will intervene with his death sentance.

Or as usual, i am setting myself up to be surprised, confused and rustled.

Realistically, would anyone in GoT be favored over the Mountain in single combat? Dayne and Selmy are obviously more skilled, but he's just so big I can't imagine anyone getting through the armor before they're just smashed by the dude's size. Oberyn only "beat" him by using a spear and even then he lost his first one. Without a back-up, he's dead in a couple minutes. Sword to sword, it's hard for me to imagine even the top guys firmly beating the Mountain.

The Hound would be a betting fav, I believe.

I can see the Hound possibly dying of infection, but there's no way they're gonna kill Tyrion.

They simply can't, he's the cash cow.

Fuck infection, they already killed one badass with that. If the Hound must go, he better die choking on a chicken or something more meaningful than an infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back