GAME OF THRONES v12: RIP IN PEACE Edition (NO SPOILERS, NO Book Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were knights and lords from at least 3 of 7 kingdoms at the trial, so if gregor implicated tywin the revelation would be broadcast to the whole realm. Everybody knows shit went down during the sack of king's landing but these things are spoken of in rumour, court etiquette applies. it would be a huge scandal.

If oberyn survived the trial only to be executed by the Crown for his behaviour, everyone would know why. it puts tywin in a tough spot. plus, Dorne still has Myrcella.

most likely Oberyn wanted closure. That, and his family could put pressure on Tywin for reparations.

Thanks for the insight :icon_chee

Mi espanol no bueno haha.

No, Ramsay should have skinned him alive

lo siento.

I just think an entire season of torture, **** teases (plural), castration, and the "yo name is Toby", treatment was enough to get me to want his sister to put him out of his misery. You know?

It is pretty obvious that he has no real master plan. When he gets stuck on how to continue a characters plot line, he just kills them off. I doubt he'll be able to figure out an ending for the entire mess. Maybe just have the planet get hit by a huge meteor and kill everybody off.

I disagree. This is one of the few shows on TV that DOESN'T look like its making shit up as it goes along. The deaths of major characters on GoT are usually foreshadowed well, and the fallout from the deaths of these characters serves to further the stories of other characters. For example, Robb Stark's death was a result of a promise he broke from season one (this is the opposite of making shit up as you go along)... and the result of his/Catlyn's deaths shapes Arya and Sansa's story lines greatly as they now have to fend for themselves rather than get home to mommy which was their original goal.

We still have to see what will come from Oberyn's death, but I am guessing the people of Dorn will be pissed, and this event is what could bring Dorn into the plot as a major player now.

So was Oberyn's character arc in the books as short was was in the show? Or did they delve more into his past?

edit:
I guess answer at your own peril. Not sure if this is appropriate in this thread.

lo siento.

I just think an entire season of torture, **** teases (plural), castration, and the "yo name is Toby", treatment was enough to get me to want his sister to put him out of his misery. You know?

He burned 2 innocent boys alive , he executed that old man ( don't remember what his name was lol ) and he turned against the ones who raised him ( even though he was their POW , I think that they treated him very, very nicely )

Oh , and about that entire season of torture ... 1 FUCKING EPISODE ... 1 GODDAMN EPISODE. LOL WTF ? If Ramsay was torturing him in every episode and they actually showed him torturing that bastard , MAYBE , I could have felt something for Theon . But now ? Hell no

He got what he deserved. Karma's a bitch

I think Tyrion will find a way to live. Because it looks like he will certainly die now. If Oberyn won as dramatically as it looked like he was going to, then I would be worried about some twist where Cersie finds a way to kill Tyrion regardless and the fans still go crazy.

So was Oberyn's character arc in the books as short was was in the show? Or did they delve more into his past?

edit:
I guess answer at your own peril. Not sure if this is appropriate in this thread.

Yeah, if you are feeling brave, better to ask that in the book thread.

He burned 2 innocent boys alive , he executed that old man ( don't remember what his name was lol ) and he turned against the ones who raised him ( even though he was their POW , I think that they treated him very, very nicely )

Oh , and about that entire season of torture ... 1 FUCKING EPISODE ... 1 GODDAMN EPISODE. LOL WTF ? If Ramsay was torturing him in every episode and they actually showed him torturing that bastard , MAYBE , I could have felt something for Theon . But now ? Hell no

LOL @ your AV

I agree except for the part that he should have been killed. His punishment was worse than death. He is dead inside and is also castrated. Theon wanted to die, that's pretty bad. At this point he is serving punishment for his crimes, I don't feel bad for him, I see Ramsey as karmas source of justice. Except Ramsey is hilarious and a complete psycho at the same time. He also deserves his due some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back