• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones discussion v25 Team White Walkers edition (NO BOOK TALK. No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Meryn 'Too Old' Trant counts, then I'll guess over. They could troll us and have him live while someone far less deserving dies, though. Most of the characters are in danger at this point. Who's actually safe at this point?

Safe-ish characters IMO (excluding obviously ones like Bran, Hodor and such):
Dany - I don't think they'd have her escape on a dragon just to kill her off soon thereafter.
Tyrion - Too great to kill off.
Mace Tyrell - Too boss to kill off.
Doran - They won't kill off a guy in a wheelchair, will they?
LF - Too soon, he's waiting on the winner of Team Bolton vs. Team Stannis.
Varys - He's not going to come back just to die.

Everyone else is open game

She sought out Stannis at Dragonstone because she thought he was Azor Ahai reborn, started converting his wife and some followers, he was impressed when he started seeing what she could do and they've been a happy couple ever since.

Ya I guess I should've made this more clear. I know that, but
Actually I'm gonna put this in spoilers just because I use the b word lol
was there ever anywhere in the books that had actual dialogue from when they met, or had she always been with him since he appeared in the book?

Also, read an interview with a sand can this morning, and she said something big will happen with them to help make up for all the disappointment this season.

Also, read an interview with a sand can this morning, and she said something big will happen with them to help make up for all the disappointment this season.

God damn it, that means they're going to take up screen time during the finale. Welp, no battle for Winterfell this season. At least we had all that bullshit in episodes 1-7 that accomplished absolutely nothing!

God damn it, that means they're going to take up screen time during the finale. Welp, no battle for Winterfell this season. At least we had all that bullshit in episodes 1-7 that accomplished absolutely nothing!

This was exactly what I thought. I was hoping the whole dorne thing would be over. It's lame that the finale isn't like an hour and a half or two hours long.

9 episodes in and still no sight of Gregor "Bane" Glegane

If Meryn 'Too Old' Trant counts, then I'll guess over. They could troll us and have him live while someone far less deserving dies, though. Most of the characters are in danger at this point. Who's actually safe at this point?

Dany - I don't think they'd have her escape on a dragon just to kill her off soon thereafter.

That excited lip quiver Mace does when Cersei appoints him Master of Coin was hilarious... "Oh your grace!!" He is such a tool. Idk how that character led any armies ever.

How is he a boss?

They may be cans, but that short-haired italian has the best pair of cans i have seen in a while.

we are talking GoT here. they will probably have him pushed down the stairs into a pile of nails and broken glass.

For them:
Stannis kills innocent people = They were faceless, unknown people, so they don't matter
Stannis kills Renly = He was gay, so he doesn't matter
Stannis tries to have Gendry sacrificed = He was freed, so that doesn't matter
Tormund kills farmers = They were faceless, unknown people, so they don't matter
Stannis kills a beloved character = rage

I mean the faceless people argument is rough but it's not just true to entertaining, it's true to life, too. It's the same reason why an earthquake that absolutely devastates and kills tons of people thousands of miles away resonates less for an individual than his own sibling dying. One is a mass scale tragedy and the other is a loss of a single person but because that was a known person, it's more emotionally impacting.

I thought it sucked when Renly got killed cause I liked him a lot and liked the Stormlands/Reach contingent he'd assembled and wanted to see the teamup with Stark. But, as Davos said, he wronged Stannis. War is war. A lot different than Shireen unknowingly being forced to accompany Stannis and co. when they left Dragonstone so Melisandre could convince Stannis to kill her when the time was right.

Threesome, hopefully.

That's what I mean though. If he just leads a charge on a village, and children are presumably killed, that's quite different than actually witnessing Tormund murdering a child.

Obviously showing Tormund specifically going out of his way during a battle to kill women and/or children would be really bad, but I don't think it's fair to call him a child killer for leading the charge during a battle -- especially since he's never actually killed a child on screen.

Anyway, new top 5 pfp after episode 9:

1: Random Robed Son of the Harpy. These dudes pwn unsullied easy and even had Drogon back pedaling.
2: Gladiator with the mini rapier that pwned Jorah effortlessly.
3: Tyrion, son of Tywin. Dude killed one of the kings of combat and saved Missendei.
4: Stannis' guards. It takes a real man to pwn a woman trying to save her child, everyone knows women get all super saiyan when their maternal instincts kick in.
5: Dany's late ex hubby. Dude stood up to Tyrion, Dany, and Daario in the debate, then took 4 or 5 stabs to the chest before going down. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten ex hubby!

Yeah, he fucking owned them in that debate.

also Daario went from Alpha to Omega

aario got emasculated when the little guy lost, tall that BS crap about putting the money on the little guy and BAM head chopped off clean. Then he fails to see the assassins while J-bear goes baddass with that spear throw.

Serioulsly, you can hear Daario balls falling off after that.

I'll take a wild guess here:

Varys shows up in Dorne recruiting for Team Dany.

That, or a huge Dornish orgy.

Over under on meaningful deaths is 2.5... Over or under??

if we count Trant (who isn't meaningful per se but has been around forever)...over...- I think we are looking at three deaths.

In order of likelihood

Trant - all but guaranteed
Ellaria- seemed way too nice and neat the way she ended things on good terms with Doran and Jaime. My guess is she makes one final go for taking out Myrcella before she departs and Doran thwarts her and Explosive Axe gives her the execution chop.
Bronn- almost feels like the Tyene scene was the teasing death moment for him and now he's safe...but that's just the type of swerve they'd like to give us only to swerve again and have such a likable, cool character actually die.
Friendstone- feel much like Bronn that he missed his moment of likely death already, but you never know. Especially if Daario/Seconds Sons rumor comes to fruition.
Ramsay- he's had the Midas touch for so long, feels like he might go out next episode via Reek, Sansa or Brienne of Tarth
Myranda- Sansa could definitely take her out if she attempts to do something to her while Ramsay and Roose are distracted with the imminent battle.

Olly- he probably does something stupid and ultimately gets put down
Daario- if he's SOH leader then he probably gets murked once the big reveal happens.
Tormund- Olly might kill or attempt to kill him which could potentially start NW vs. Free Folk II
King Timid Cannister- Casterly Witch prophecy?
Margery- just feel like shit could go down really violently in KL and Tyrells might be the victims
Loras
Jon Snow or Sam- Olly with dat look in his eyes

Last edited:
agvR9Ew_700b.jpg

Rickon is a lot like his wolf. Complete untamed savages. The wildest of the wolves with the wildest of the Starks, roaming the north with no real adult supervision fighting for survival.

That kid's going to be a force to reckon with. Rickon & his wolf would give Ramsay with his 20 good men trouble.

arya is the wildest of the Starks from day 1 / show 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back