Game of Thrones discussion v25 Team White Walkers edition (NO BOOK TALK. No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethal

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
QUcCT4l.jpg

P5TRREI.jpg

All aboard the bandwagon. Westeros must be destroyed.

Previous thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f4...p-1-edition-no-book-talk-no-spoilers-3003939/

First!!!!

Guess I have to root for Daenerys now even though I found her character to be boring and uninspiring.

I hope Jon Snow or Sana somehow become contenders for the throne.

I've read theories that they might win based on the historical precedent that GoT is inspired from (War of the Roses).

Officially off #TeamStannis.

Guess I have to root for Daenerys now even though I found her character to be boring and uninspiring.

I've read theories that they might win based on the historical precedent that GoT is inspired from (War of the Roses).

re: stannis and shireen

People seem to think there is still any ambiguity left in the show so they question his decision, i think thats whats going on here. It is blatantly clear Stannis burnt Shireen because he had no other legit choice but lose and they all die anyway.

Did he have a choice to not do it, ultimately? of course. But it would be selfish as fuck. sure he'll keep his soul, i bet that'd be real comforting to him and his daughter when they're fucking walker zombies because he failed.

He will get people back on the mannis train. I mean Hound won people over, he was p4p GOAT and fans sucked his balls and he actually killed the shit out of this one kid who didnt do a fucking thing, and even mocked the kid's corpse 'he ran, not very fast.' Yeah no shit because you ran him down on a horse you queer douche.

as for shireen It was horrible sure but its just like his little mini speech said. he really had no choice at all.

The Starks (Snow & Sansa) and Davos are the only ones I care about.

I'd be ok with Littlefinger getting rid of Stannis & The Boltons as well.

i've tried to hard to get into GoT. I just can't. It is interesting and mind blindingly boring all at the same time. I can't explain it, I've seen the first season 3 times trying to make sense of it, i just can't. i feel like i'm missing out big time!

Officially off #TeamStannis.

Yeah at this point I'm pretty sure Jon Snow is going to at the very least overcome and defeat the White Walkers for good in some way or another. Regardless of anything that goes down. Couldn't care less if he takes the iron throne or not, I just want to see that happen.

Jon Snow via 3rd round TKO. Night's King wins the first two rounds by element of surprise, but gets overwhelmed soon.

Ruined the episode for me too. Very solid episode (minus the Dorne silliness) but they made the mistake of ending the episode with the Dany stuff rather than the Shireen stuff. Once Shireen horror happened, I was sort of tuned out for the ending and couldn't fully appreciated what was definitely a very cool fight/battle scene.

I couldn't even fully appreciate that one of my favorite characters Ser Friendstone was given a stay of execution and had a ton of awesome moments (forward roll into the fatal stabbing, throwing a spear to save Dany, extending his hand to Dany and her taking it). All awesome moments and I couldn't fully appreciate them because in the back of my mind I was thinking about that shit.

Here's hoping Ramsay gets flayed to death and Stannis gets burned at the stake.

They've earned it.

The girl that plays Stannis' daughter was amazing. Her screams were so fucked up, it was chilling. The actual act didn't bother me, just how well she sold it... I swear the director must have been ripping her fingernails off.

The Starks (Snow & Sansa) and Davos are the only ones I care about.

I'd be ok with Littlefinger getting rid of Stannis & The Boltons as well.

Littlefinger is just as much of a crappy person as Stannis & the Boltons though.

He betrayed Ned Stark, sentenced many of his brothel workers to painful deaths and done a bunch of other horrible crap.

Davos imo is the only sensible and relateable character in the series besides Jon Snow (although Snow does some questionable things in the book).

Sansa's a perennial victim and this season was a huge letdown because most of us were anticipating an empowering change of attitude.

i've tried to hard to get into GoT. I just can't. It is interesting and mind blindingly boring all at the same time. I can't explain it, I've seen the first season 3 times trying to make sense of it, i just can't. i feel like i'm missing out big time!

Are you having a hard time understanding what is going on or what? Not sure what you mean by trying to make sense of it, do you mean you don't understand why people like it or you just don't understand the plot?

Stannis better win that battle or else he's a true Cannis.

The girl that plays Stannis' daughter was amazing. Her screams were so fucked up, it was chilling. The actual act didn't bother me, just how well she sold it... I swear the director must have been ripping her fingernails off.

Yeah she definitely has an amazing future ahead of her.

The actor pool in Britain is incredibly small so we're going to see her over and over again in British media.

re: stannis and shireen

People seem to think there is still any ambiguity left in the show so they question his decision, i think thats whats going on here. It is blatantly clear Stannis burnt Shireen because he had no other legit choice but lose and they all die anyway.

Did he have a choice to not do it, ultimately? of course. But it would be selfish as fuck. sure he'll keep his soul, i bet that'd be real comforting to him and his daughter when they're fucking walker zombies because he failed.

He will get people back on the mannis train. I mean Hound won people over, he was p4p GOAT and fans sucked his balls and he actually killed the shit out of this one kid who didnt do a fucking thing, and even mocked the kid's corpse 'he ran, not very fast.' Yeah no shit because you ran him down on a horse you queer douche.

as for shireen It was horrible sure but its just like his little mini speech said. he really had no choice at all.

They would not all die anyway. Stannis had already ordered that all the dead horses be slaughtered for food. Stannis did not have to burn his daughter alive. For one thing Stannis is not some mythological hero sent to save the realm. He has no dragons, he has no special weapons (like Jon Snow), etc. In fact, there is nothing remarkable about him.

You are operating off the assumption that unless Stannis saves everyone then everyone is going to die and the realm is fucked and that is why he had to sacrifice his daughter. That is horse shit, there is nothing, NOTHING special about Stannis.

lol@all the fake Stannis fans leaving the bandwagon. He just pulled the ultimate Stannis move-putting duty and kingdom above all else-and now you hate him for it?

I am now all in on the Chosen hero of R'hllor and the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Shireen's death will not be in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back