Game of Thrones countdown/re-watch/discussion thread

What scene was that?

The wights / whitewalker attack on Hardhome

giphy.gif

game-of-thrones-horsemen.gif

<{danawhoah}>

I'm rustled Stannis is dead and super rustled that he killed his daughter and went out like he did.

I hear ya man.

I legit had this bumper sticker during the 2016 presidential election

Stannis-bumper-sticker.jpg

Just picked up a few bottles of those GOT labeled scotch. I typically don’t support gimmicky bullshit but they’re made by Oban and Lagavulin and weren’t very expensive. At the very worst I’ll get a good buzz and some cool looking bottles.

I hear ya man.

I legit had this bumper sticker during the 2016 presidential election

Stannis-bumper-sticker.jpg

Thats awesome. Not sure if you recall, but a few of us had "Team XX" under our usernames. I had Team Stannis for years and removed it.

Thats awesome. Not sure if you recall, but a few of us had "Team XX" under our usernames. I had Team Stannis for years and removed it.

Oh yeah I remember that

The thing is, almost no series or movie had the balls to whack a major character like that back then. I still remember how shocked I was when that happened. My wife and I sat there with our jaws on the floor. It made me respect and take the series much more seriously because you had no safety net as to where the writers would take you next.
To be fair, they weren’t freeballing it. They had to kill Ned or it changes the dynamic of the story entirely. If he is actually sent to the wall (as Cersei intended) it would have a ripple effect across so many aspects of the plot and story progression, large and small. It’s the driving force for many of the characters from then on.

Now that we have a release date for the last season of Game of Thrones (April 14th) I've started re-watching it from the start and figured maybe others wanted to join in as well. Figured we could have a season 1 discussion thread until 27th of January then 2 weeks per season after that.

hF4259D17

If only Ned had sent a raven to his cousin Tony for some help...

I jumped the gun and started my rewatch months ago. I'm on episode 1 of season 7.

Even after all these seasons I wish they'd not killed off Ned, or at least recast Sean Bean into a different role. He's a great actor for these types of shows.

He's great at dying in these type of shows. He nailed it.

I don't know about worse than Joffrey. She certainly did suck though.
Joffery was interesting and made me watch to see what happened at least. I just wanted Caitlyn to fuck off and die. Her annoyance was worse than his cruelty

I’ve been doing an entire series rewatch over the last few weeks as well, to get ready.

Last night I just got finished with the GOAT scene in the entire series for me: Hardhome.

<NightKingBringIt>

I agree that losing Ned Stark was devastating; in fact, he’s still my favorite character from the entire show. It was brutal, but I had to respect it; and as a fan of the series OZ from way before all these shows, which also didn’t give a fuck & where no one was safe, I am somewhat used to it.

<Ned01>
Oz is the shit. I hate the bad rap it gets for gay sex. Man there are only like a couple of scenes you need to avert your eyes. Its not 24/7 brokeback like,most claim. Lol

Once we're 67 days from the premiere I'll start watching 1 episode per day starting from S1E1 so that by April 14th I'm fully caught up

The Stark’s are nimwit retards

Hope they all die

Dumb Arya doesn’t have Lannister dad killed when she got three names

SHe does and stanis takes over despite the wild fire

Bran sees everything but tells no one anything important

Mom releases Jamie

Cersei is the most gangster. I hope she sails to the iron islands and waits out the white walkers and starts fresh with a new husband that is equal gangster.

If that fails then I’m team white walker. Cuz truly the realm is full of incestous backstabbing retards

Honestly I'm a big fan but can't bring myself to a whole series rewatch - so familiar with the first 6 seasons - will maybe rewatch season 7

But it feels like all the stuff from early seasons - Stannis this, Rob that etc etc

It's all pointless really when the army of white walkers are about to kill everyone - kind of makes everything leading up to it pointless or inconsequential

Jon is so much of a fucking retard that he is gonna find a way to fuck it up for everyone, wonder where Jamie "i fucked my sister" Lannister is gonna end up

Once we're 67 days from the premiere I'll start watching 1 episode per day starting from S1E1 so that by April 14th I'm fully caught up

To each their own, but I've been doing it now so when I'm finished, I can have a nice little 1-2 month buffer of anticipation.

<Ellaria01>

Joffery was interesting and made me watch to see what happened at least. I just wanted Caitlyn to fuck off and die. Her annoyance was worse than his cruelty
Yeah he was a great character. Fuck I hated him so much.
QS_ac1f47cd21b4416b8aeb13ba8241de86.jpg

Back