Game of Thrones countdown/re-watch/discussion thread

Nesruk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Now that we have a release date for the last season of Game of Thrones (April 14th) I've started re-watching it from the start and figured maybe others wanted to join in as well. Figured we could have a season 1 discussion thread until 27th of January then 2 weeks per season after that.

hF4259D17

If only Ned had sent a raven to his cousin Tony for some help...

Last edited:
Even after all these seasons I wish they'd not killed off Ned, or at least recast Sean Bean into a different role. He's a great actor for these types of shows.

Even after all these seasons I wish they'd not killed off Ned, or at least recast Sean Bean into a different role. He's a great actor for these types of shows.

Lmao what

Kill of Nedd but bring Sean Bean back?

Lmao what

No- I am saying they should have got another actor to play Ned before killing him and cast Sean Bean in another long term role. Learn to read ballsack.

Edit just realized my original post wasnt that clear. I'm the ballsack here.

Lmao what

To be fair, in season 3 they killed off a kid who was some low level Lannister and he was recast as Tommen when he becomes king, but still, yeah, you can't recast someone as big as Sean Bean

To be fair, in season 3 they killed off a kid who was some low level Lannister and he was recast as Tommen when he becomes king, but still, yeah, you can't recast someone as big as Sean Bean
Never knew this, good catch

No- I am saying they should have got another actor to play Ned before killing him and cast Sean Bean in another long term role. Learn to read ballsack.

Edit just realized my original post wasnt that clear. I'm the ballsack here.

Haha

If you’re the ballsack maybe that makes me a dick

The thing is, almost no series or movie had the balls to whack a major character like that back then. I still remember how shocked I was when that happened. My wife and I sat there with our jaws on the floor. It made me respect and take the series much more seriously because you had no safety net as to where the writers would take you next.

The thing is, almost no series or movie had the balls to whack a major character like that back then. I still remember how shocked I was when that happened. My wife and I sat there with our jaws on the floor. It made me respect and take the series much more seriously because you had no safety net as to where the writers would take you next.

That's a good point. I was shocked and saddened by his death. I actually cried. lol

I’ve been doing an entire series rewatch over the last few weeks as well, to get ready.

Last night I just got finished with the GOAT scene in the entire series for me: Hardhome.

<NightKingBringIt>

I agree that losing Ned Stark was devastating; in fact, he’s still my favorite character from the entire show. It was brutal, but I had to respect it; and as a fan of the series OZ from way before all these shows, which also didn’t give a fuck & where no one was safe, I am somewhat used to it.

<Ned01>

Rewatched it over the last few months actually. So glad when Caitlyn Stark died, she was worse then Joffery.

I’ve been doing an entire series rewatch over the last few weeks as well, to get ready.

Last night I just got finished with the GOAT scene in the entire series for me: Hardhome.

<NightKingBringIt>

I agree that losing Ned Stark was devastating; in fact, he’s still my favorite character from the entire show. It was brutal, but I had to respect it; and as a fan of the series OZ from way before all these shows, which also didn’t give a fuck & where no one was safe, I am somewhat used to it.

<Ned01>

I was glad they killed Ned Stark

He was a fool. Trusted the wrong people. Didn’t wanna go kill the child at the edge of the world with dragons because she didn’t have ships. Cheated on his wife despite acting so noble and honorable.

His head looked good mounted on a spike.

O that’s right snow is a bastard of Baratheon

Or is it Targaryen?

So he he’s incest lover like Jaime Lannister

Cool

When you watch the end of the second episode with the benefit of knowing what happens, you realise that the rapid cuts between locations and people are meant to represent Bran's expanding consciousness - the episode ends with him suddenly opening his eyes. Pretty awesome.

<NightKingBringIt>

<Ned01>

What scene was that?

I'm rustled Stannis is dead and super rustled that he killed his daughter and went out like he did.

I'm not buying Sansa's evolution.

Way disappointed in Rickon and Shaggy Dog's storyline. They strike out with a wildling chick to the isle of cannibals, and thats all we get. Fuckin'ell. Hope the onion knight does better in the books with this.

Cool the wall went down! Good to see the Vale get little finger too.

Rewatched it over the last few months actually. So glad when Caitlyn Stark died, she was worse then Joffery.
I don't know about worse than Joffrey. She certainly did suck though.

When you watch the end of the second episode with the benefit of knowing what happens, you realise that the rapid cuts between locations and people are meant to represent Bran's expanding consciousness - the episode ends with him suddenly opening his eyes. Pretty awesome.

It has been kinda fun reminding myself occasionally, as I’m rewatching the entire series: Bran has seen literally every scene I’m watching.

Back