Game of Thrones countdown/re-watch/discussion thread

Why was Caitlyn so pissed and told Jon to leave at bran bedside

Didn’t ned concede to her he fooled around when him and fatty Baratheon were at war? Didn’t ned ask Robert not to talk about what he did with other women ?

What am I missing here

Sorry for the sarcasm

I was glad they killed Ned Stark

He was a fool. Trusted the wrong people. Didn’t wanna go kill the child at the edge of the world with dragons because she didn’t have ships. Cheated on his wife despite acting so noble and honorable.

His head looked good mounted on a spike.
I see what you did here.

Yeah he was a great character. Fuck I hated him so much.
QS_ac1f47cd21b4416b8aeb13ba8241de86.jpg

His performance was soooo good. One of the best bad guys ever. It was all written for him on the page, hard to fuck up; but the actor added so much nuance to the performance, he really brought it to the next level, & became a truly classic villain.

Apparently the actor pretty much quit the business, and decided to focus on puppets. Not kidding. Still, he left his mark with Joffrey.

To be fair, they weren’t freeballing it. They had to kill Ned or it changes the dynamic of the story entirely. If he is actually sent to the wall (as Cersei intended) it would have a ripple effect across so many aspects of the plot and story progression, large and small. It’s the driving force for many of the characters from then on.
You’re right. I was watching as a viewer who hadn’t read the book, thus that was my perspective. And in hindsight the series is better for it. But damn, what a shock.

His performance was soooo good. One of the best bad guys ever. It was all written for him on the page, hard to fuck up; but the actor added so much nuance to the performance, he really brought it to the next level, & became a truly classic villain.

Apparently the actor pretty much quit the business, and decided to focus on puppets. Not kidding. Still, he left his mark with Joffrey.
Supposedly he was such a good kid that the entire cast grieved when he had to be killed off. Just shows even more how great the guy’s acting chops are.

It was revealed that he was not a bastard at all...

Right but I was referencing my first post about Ned being so noble and me being glad he died where as others were disappointed....when he cheated on Caitlyn and accepted in public that Jon was his bastard. Treason is treason lol who said that?

No one knew that in season one cuz gimp bran wasn’t the 3 eyed raven yet

Why was Caitlyn so pissed and told Jon to leave at bran bedside

Didn’t ned concede to her he fooled around when him and fatty Baratheon were at war? Didn’t ned ask Robert not to talk about what he did with other women ?

What am I missing here

Sorry for the sarcasm
Catelyn definitely thought Jon was Ned's bastard, and so did everyone else. Ned had a secret.

You’re right. I was watching as a viewer who hadn’t read the book, thus that was my perspective. And in hindsight the series is better for it. But damn, what a shock.
And then to double up with the betrayal and murder of Robb and Catelynn. That had to sting for those waiting for Neds son to get his vengeance for the execution of his father. The books leave you believing that Arya is murdered by The Hound at the end of that chapter as well. Just a hopeless part of the story. The story does a great job of building hope and then Hulk smashing it to pieces.

Ye, its really sad actually. Iirc idiots went around harassing him and issuing him death threats irl because of what "Joffrey" did on the show so he quit the whole thing to be left alone. Hope he comes back to it because he was an amazing actor despite his age (and I generally cant stand any actors under 20).

Ye, its really sad actually. Iirc idiots went around harassing him and issuing him death threats irl because of what "Joffrey" did on the show so he quit the whole thing to be left alone. Hope he comes back to it because he was an amazing actor despite his age (and I generally cant stand any actors under 20).
That sucks, but does show how special the kid is. I'm an older guy. When I was a kid the biggest show on TV was Dallas, and older brother JR Ewing was the most hated man on television. In fact, for 20 years after the show left the air JR was still voted the most hated villain ever to appear on episodic television. When Larry Hagman, the actor who portrayed him, walked into restaurants people literally hissed at him.

But not only was Larry Hagman known as one of the nicest, kindest people in Hollywood, but 20 years earlier he had enjoyed huge success as the lovable star of I Dream of Jeanie. But JR was ruthless and I couldn't wait every week to watch him fuck people over.

Last edited:
My sister is finally watching this show for the first time. It’s fun talking to someone about it when they are going through it for the first time.

Terrific heel performance. As you said, there was some great nuance too. I really enjoyed the scenes between him and Natalie Dormer where you saw that he seemingly liked Margery or was vulnerable to being manipulated by her in a way that he certainly would not allow others to do so.

Deep show in a lot of ways- Olenna thought she was doing Margery a favor offing Joffrey (and of course there’s a high probably that marriage would have been hell for her) but instead helped to lay the seeds for Marge and Loras’ destruction by facilitating an unstable situation and a young, unprepared king which helped the Sparrows to ascend.

What scene was that?

I'm rustled Stannis is dead and super rustled that he killed his daughter and went out like he did.

I'm not buying Sansa's evolution.

Way disappointed in Rickon and Shaggy Dog's storyline. They strike out with a wildling chick to the isle of cannibals, and thats all we get. Fuckin'ell. Hope the onion knight does better in the books with this.

Cool the wall went down! Good to see the Vale get little finger too.

Shireen’s death rustled me even worse than Red Wedding and Oberyn’s death or Nedd’s. Most horrific scene of the show for me- Stannis just standing there watching while his daughter cries out for him. Melisandre needs to get got too.

does Grenn still have the most dignified, went out like a boss death on the show title? Dude and his Night’s Watch brothers held the gate like a champ.

My sister is finally watching this show for the first time. It’s fun talking to someone about it when they are going through it for the first time.
It's so fun. Wait til she gets the Red Wedding. Or The Mountain and The Viper.

Shireen’s death rustled me even worse than Red Wedding and Oberyn’s death or Nedd’s. Most horrific scene of the show for me- Stannis just standing there watching while his daughter cries out for him. Melisandre needs to get got too.

does Grenn still have the most dignified, went out like a boss death on the show title? Dude and his Night’s Watch brothers held the gate like a champ.

I really liked the Red Viper, but man ... when I read the book, I was liek "oh snap, he's doing the super villain gloating thing" when beating the Mountain. It was really good.

Plus, it gave us Zombie Mountain.

He is not Ned's bastard.

Right it was revealed he was tagryan sin secret marriage to a stark girl

But he was accepted as a bastard in the eyes of gods and men for 7.5 episodes of 7.7 total.

That’s why I said good riddance to Ned

Back