Gaethje - "I want to fight Kevin Lee next. I've been waiting to punch his face for a long time."

I give him a great deal of credit for calling him out. We'd really find out just where Gaethje is headed in the division, and how good his defensive wrestling, and BJJ actually is because I have no idea....It would have to be extremely good to survive a 3 round fight with Lee....

I give him a great deal of credit for calling him out. We'd really find out just where Gaethje is headed in the division, and how good his defensive wrestling, and BJJ actually is because I have no idea....It would have to be extremely good to survive a 3 round fight with Lee....
Agreed. Gaethje could prob do a good job defensive wrestling against Lee.... but maybe not?! Either way good fight

God I love Justin.

Last week he finishes Vick in the first. 4th fight in 13 months. Says he wants a time off and the whole MMA community respects that.
6 days later he is calling for a fight.

JUST BLEED

Is it worth the risk of wasting JG to see Lee KTFO'd?

Lee will beat him up. That really upright shell stance gives up too many takedowns. I am not a fan of Lee but he has shown he is wiling to gameplan to avoid getting into brawls.

The only thing that worries me about this fight is that K Lee will be trying to wrestle the whole fight and although Justin has a good wrestling pedigree , I doubt he can stop Lee’s takedowns.
I would prefer Justin to rest his body for a few months and see how the division shakes out.
In the meantime, I would prefer to see Lee vs Raging Al 2

I wouldn’t bet on that. They said the same thing about Lee matching up with Barboza and Kevin basically gave in various stages of the fight a full on shoe shine.

Kevin Lee has some seriously good hands with very good accuracy.

Gaethje is going to be wishing for a delete button if he goes this route.

But who knows. Gaethje might surprise all of us by finally showcasing his own wrastling skills. He’s comes highly vouched for in that regard.

More of this is always good.

giphy.gif

Haven't really seen how well his defensive wrestling is, as he likes to bang. From what ive heard, or read.. Justins wrestling is petty good. We know lee will want to take him down, cause he would get knocked out trying to trade. If lees takedown get defended well i could see him getting knocked out in the 3rd. Would be a good fight i think as long as justins tdd is good.

Lee will beat him up. That really upright shell stance gives up too many takedowns. I am not a fan of Lee but he has shown he is wiling to gameplan to avoid getting into brawls.

Yeah, because Gaethje's given up SO MANY takedowns in his career.

how dd Justin lose his wrestling,?guys a beast and now he can't compete with Lee? Wtf

Yeah, because Gaethje's given up SO MANY takedowns in his career.
Watch his Alvarez fight... He gave up around 3 in the fight. Eddie didn't even employ a wrestling heavy game for that fight. I am assuming Kevin Lee would be more aggressive with it. Just use logic; you have a shell defense where you obscure your vision and you don't see most of the punches coming. Now you want to add a takedown parameter in this?

The ufc better give Justin whatever the hell he wants! The guy is incapable of being in a boring fight, and as high as I’ve been on lee lately, I hope Gaethje walks him down and smashes him.
Me too. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Watch his Alvarez fight... He gave up around 3 in the fight. Eddie didn't even employ a wrestling heavy game for that fight. I am assuming Kevin Lee would be more aggressive with it. Just use logic; you have a shell defense where you obscure your vision and you don't see most of the punches coming. Now you want to add a takedown parameter in this?

He gave up one: http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/23e5acd1549b538a

And bounced right back to his feet. Plus he wasn't expecting Alvarez to shoot. He'll be expecting it from Lee.

Back