Gaethje - "I want to fight Kevin Lee next. I've been waiting to punch his face for a long time."

I’m onboard.

Gaethje would make Lee question why he became a fighter.
I was thinking lee takes it, but what you said could very well be true. Gaethje is tough as nails and and definitely gives out the “if you want to beat me, you will have to kill me” vibes

Gaethje has been taken down multiple times in his career but he just pops back up. I dont think he finds it that easy against Lee. Ya'll overrate wrestling credentials like GSP aint out-wrestle Koshckeck and Hughes, Jon Jones didnt outwreslte Cormier. Its different in the context of MMA.

Speaking of GSP, he actually went out and trained wrestling with Gaethje back when Gaethje was killing it in the college wrestling scene. GSP is part of the reason why Gaethje transfered to MMA.

I thought that was some fun, random info.

Hard fight to pick. But matchup wise, its pretty good for Gaethje

Lee would have to outpoint him like a matador or manage to control him on the mat

I don't like the matchup for Justin but if he wants it, go for it

Actually think this is one of the best match-ups Justin could take.

Lee isn’t some like, complete noob on the feet, but he’s not going to want to stand with Justin. He will be KO’d or have his legs chopped out from under him. And I know Kevin is an amazing wrestler and grappler but Justin’s defensive wrestling is good enough to keep this fight on the feet.

Justin by (T)KO in 2nd.

Kevin should turn the fight down. Absolute horror show of a match up for him with very little upside if he manages to win.

Justin actually has better pre mma at least wrestling pedigree. Lee might find he has to stand with him.

I'd like to see that fight, make it happen UFC!!

Even though his chin isn't as good, Lee is the far superior technical striker so it wouldn't surprise me if he TKO'd Gaethje on the feet, assuming that all of his takedown attempts are unsuccessful. Poirier isn't exactly the most durable guy in the world and he was able to stop Gaethje standing.

Lee is too strong for him. Lee is so damned strong and his reach is long too.
I like Justin, but I can't see him beating Kevin Lee.

Kevin should turn the fight down. Absolute horror show of a match up for him with very little upside if he manages to win.

Nah, fighting Gaethje pretty much guarantees him a main event slot, which means more eyes on him, which means building his brand. Fighting gaethje is more of a high reward fight than any of the other top 10 guys at this point.

Last edited:
hard to do when you knocked out, though CTE makes you rise as a new man everyday.

Even though his chin isn't as good, Lee is the far superior technical striker so it wouldn't surprise me if he TKO'd Gaethje on the feet, assuming that all of his takedown attempts are unsuccessful. Poirier isn't exactly the most durable guy in the world and he was able to stop Gaethje standing.

Yeah, but Lee hasn't exactly shown himself to be a finisher on the feet, whereas Gaethje has.

Lee does his best work on the ground.

I don't think a stand-up battle favors him in this one. Justin is sloppy, but he has some serious power to end the fight at any point.

Ok I’ll bite.

Why do you say little upside with a win?

I seriously doubt Kevin will leapfrog Ferguson in line for the title shot off the back of a win in this fight.

MMATH is bullshit but a lot of people buy into it. If he loses, he'll automatically be behind Poirier, Eddie and Justin in a lot of people's eyes.

Back