Fury vs Wilder III in Relation to the UFC/MMA Discussion Mega Thread

When Paul was called back to Jerusalem and he had to deny all he was teaching.

watch this too

With all due respect, I have no time, nor willingness to listen to what appears to be one hour of debate between Muslims and Christians.

A quotation from Scripture will suffice.

They love to pick and choose because its impossible to live in western society by following that book strictly

I don't drink. I don't have any interest to "pick and choose". I also think most of "Western Christianity" is not what it should be. I don't live in the West. My willingness to not pick and choose has costed me more in this life than I'd be willing to write down, and most to believe an anonymous over the Internet. I made it one of my life's goals not to be a hypocrite.

Still, I can't find any verse that prohibits the consumption of alcohol. Only its abuse, as the verse you quoted shows. I am willing to change my opinion, and go back to a Professor of Theology and tell him he was wrong as well, if you can provide me with evidence otherwise.

Deontay is very religious? he's on record saying he wants to kill someone in the ring...

Seems part of religion to me, TBH. Most religions are not at all a strangers to killing.

Inb4 isn't Khabib retired, Why does he even talk or keep making appearances all over Social/Media .....etc (A.K.A i just wish Khabib disappeared from existence the moment Conor tapped)
Can't believe there's McNugget fans on an MMA forum. He's for casuals and always has been.
It was funny watching guys I work with look all confused when Khabib was beating the fucking dogshit out of Conor. Then again, these were guys that thought Kimbo was going to beat down Roy nelson on TUF back in the day.

Tyson drinks and parties and talks mad shit, and lives a very anti religious lifestyle, whereas wilder is very religious surprised khabib supports him. Good beats evil I guess
lmao you’re such a fkn loser it’s unreal

Seems part of religion to me, TBH. Most religions are not at all a strangers to killing.

i never once heard of a religion that preaches about killing a competitor in a boxing fight. it is not the killing part, it's the context of killing a man simply for competing against you. of course many religions preach violence, because humans are violent and the only way to stop someone from killing you is to kill them. but that's not the same as "hey this guy thinks he's a better athlete than you, you should kill him"

you cannot speak sense to people who just want to hate. look at the thread. people are saying ALL religious people are bad/evil/dumb. they don't even realize or care that they're doing EXACTLY the same thing the religious people they don't like do. generalizing an entire populous under 1 giant umbrella.

i can name a lot of people who are great people, kind people, loving people who ARE religious. just like i can do the same for people who aren't. of course people do evil things in the name of religion to justify their actions, but they do that also with money/family/love/country practically anything you can think of. the people who hate religion and religious people cannot see that.

if you notice too, especially in this thread, when people are hating on is not religion, it's Islam and Christianity. they quote the Bible, the Quran and all of the hypocrisy in it as that's proof of why religion is bad. but they don't acknowledge all of the OTHER religions. that's how i can tell these people were hurt by a supposed Christian or Muslim, and just began hating ALL religions and ALL Christians and Muslims. they love to point out the hypocrisy of religion while not even realizing they are hypocrites too.

like i said in my other post, don't let evil people off the hook by blaming their evil ways on something else. make them take responsibility for their actions and make them own their deeds because it is only them who did it.

i never once heard of a religion that preaches about killing a competitor in a boxing fight. it is not the killing part, it's the context of killing a man simply for competing against you. of course many religions preach violence, because humans are violent and the only way to stop someone from killing you is to kill them. but that's not the same as "hey this guy thinks he's a better athlete than you, you should kill him"

you cannot speak sense to people who just want to hate. look at the thread. people are saying ALL religious people are bad/evil/dumb. they don't even realize or care that they're doing EXACTLY the same thing the religious people they don't like do. generalizing an entire populous under 1 giant umbrella.

i can name a lot of people who are great people, kind people, loving people who ARE religious. just like i can do the same for people who aren't. of course people do evil things in the name of religion to justify their actions, but they do that also with money/family/love/country practically anything you can think of. the people who hate religion and religious people cannot see that.

if you notice too, especially in this thread, when people are hating on is not religion, it's Islam and Christianity. they quote the Bible, the Quran and all of the hypocrisy in it as that's proof of why religion is bad. but they don't acknowledge all of the OTHER religions. that's how i can tell these people were hurt by a supposed Christian or Muslim, and just began hating ALL religions and ALL Christians and Muslims. they love to point out the hypocrisy of religion while not even realizing they are hypocrites too.

like i said in my other post, don't let evil people off the hook by blaming their evil ways on something else. make them take responsibility for their actions and make them own their deeds because it is only them who did it.

I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know what people have been saying. I also never blamed all religious people. Just said that killing and religion has gone hand in hand for millennia, Of course, it's never specifically stated to kill in a boxing ring, but the "in the ring"-part seems pretty irrelevant when the subject is killing, don't you think? Everybody has their own interpretation of their own religion and many have included killing in that interpretation, with ample examples in their holy texts to justify it. So I don't really see it as a disqualifier for being religious.

This isn't to advocate atheism either, though.

His instagram comments say otherwise. Fury has definitely been a fan of Khabib for some time now & respects the heck out of him. Called him the King or GOAT a couple days ago under Khabib's video of him facing off against Cristiano Ronaldo.

TS didn´t embed the free fight

lost his oppotunity to earn a like

Robbie Lawler VS Rory MacDonald

Forrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonnar

Brian Ortega VS Alexander Volkanovski

That middle one doesn't count. That was just a untechnical slugfest by dudes with no cardio.

The first and last examples are spot on though.

It is though.

Some MMA fans have a weird fascination with trying to shit on boxing. Basically, if you didn’t enjoy Fury vs Wilder 3 then I have to question if combat sports are really for you (not you personally but people who say they didn’t enjoy it).

Like who doesn’t enjoy a 10 round or so fist fight with two men going toe to toe, dropping one another multiple times and displaying tremendous heart, skill and conditioning?
It was a great fight, and very few people are arguing otherwise. But to say it was better than any MMA fight ever is completely ridiculous.

It is though.

Some MMA fans have a weird fascination with trying to shit on boxing. Basically, if you didn’t enjoy Fury vs Wilder 3 then I have to question if combat sports are really for you (not you personally but people who say they didn’t enjoy it).

Like who doesn’t enjoy a 10 round or so fist fight with two men going toe to toe, dropping one another multiple times and displaying tremendous heart, skill and conditioning?

I don't step much outside the MMA bubble but respect and appreciate all forms and arts. I find the constant rivalry silly but it's typical of "fans" unfortunately.

And yes it was a damn solid scrap.

<RomeroSalute>

So, I'm going to be honest and admit that I'm a casual boxing fan. I only am attracted towards big name fights and in no way shape or form a boxing expert. I mean, I was watching a playoff baseball game at the same time, so I actually missed a fair bit of that fight, a couple knockdowns I missed, so it's not like I have any intention or desire to talk up this fight or boxing in general.

Yet, I know full of shit when I see one. I am seeing lots of people on this forum talking as if there was ever a MMA fight that was as good as that one, if not better. That is number 1 bullshit. There has no fight in MMA that was as great as that trilogy fight from last night.

When I evaluate how great fight was, I tend to look at two main things: Quality of the fighters involved and the quality of the fight itself. Now the quality of the fighters are easy to say, you just look at their body of work and abilities, but the definition of quality of the fight itself may vary depending on who you ask, but I look at the quality of the fight itself as the excitement of the fight itself, competitiveness of it, and perhaps the ending of it as well. Also, the hype of the fight itself, and whether it lived upto it perhaps can be taken into account in saying how great the fight was, and boy did it live up to the hype and some.

Fury-Wilder Trilogy had it all. It had likely the two best fighters of their generation, not just now and here, but the generation, at the peak of their powers, perhaps not as competitive as it could been, but with two knockdowns, Wilder made it as close and dramatic as he could and went out swinging, and it had great ending.

There has never been a fight in MMA that comes even close to this fight, and to say otherwise is a classic case of nuthugging at its finest. At heavyweight, you might say Crocop-Fedor. I consider Fedor the GOAT p4p, and Crocop the best striker ever, but I don't think two COMBINED were as good as fury and wilder, nor that fight was as good as this one. I mean, there might be a good competitive HW fight like Hunto-Bigfoot, but obviously they are not at the same level in terms of their talents.

I think that applies to other weight classes. To be at the same level as those two, it's tough to find to begin with. Perhaps at LHW, Jones-Cormier. But the fight itself wasn't half as good. Hendo-Shogun 1 was dynamic, but even though I believe healthy Shogun was as good as they came at LHW(PRIDE FOREVER IDGAF), they aren't at the level of these two fighters, and the fight itself also wasn't as good as the last night's fight.

At middleweight, I don't think there was a fight between the two who were even close being as good as these two. And I think the same thing can be said for other weight classes. GSP-Hendricks from WW, Edgar-Maynard 2 from LW, Aldo-Mendes 2 at FW, MM-Cejudo 2 from FLW perhaps hold talents that were comparable, but I don't think the combined talents were as good, nor the fight itself.

Truthfully, there hasn't been a single MMA fight that was half as good as Fury-Wilder 3. It's pretty delusional to suggest otherwise.
Sorry, but you are just plain wrong.
Fedor & Nog.
Fedor & Cro Cop
DC & Miocic

or (if not at HW):
Jon Jones & DC
Robbie Lawler & Rory McDonald.
Hughes & GSP
BJ & GSP
BJ & Hughes

Those are just the ones who popped up in my mind.

But beyond that, MMA is not boxing!
Stop trying to compare them!
One is 3 minutes rounds, other 5 minutes
One uses a Big ass glove, another uses a much smaller glove, with open fingers
One uses ONLY striking, another uses Grappling, submissions, kicks and striking.

The toll MMA takes on the body is not comparable with the toll it takes to just plain strike.

Why can't I take any post seriously if the person's AV is from fucking Anime? Is it unreasonable to assume that anyone into Anime is a basement-dwelling neckbeard?

Back