Fury vs Wilder III in Relation to the UFC/MMA Discussion Mega Thread

To say I'm a casual MMA fan would be incorrect. If I'm a casual MMA fan, you probably know less about MMA than Donald Trump does about politics.

Trump knows a ton about politics...he doesn't know anything about policy or governing.

I wish I could like OP's post. But can't (stupid yellow cards).
OP is 100% correct for this accurate post.
It comes down to, IMHO, the skill level between boxing & MMA, and also the fact that Boxing favors exciting fights.
Truly, this fight was amazing on all levels. A true classic.

It comes down to, IMHO, the skill level between boxing & MMA, and also the fact that Boxing favors exciting fights.
Lol

Lol is this some trolling or what..I enjoyed very much the fury wilder trilogy..but lets be real..people are overating the trilogy...like saying one of the best fights ever, not even close imo. But hey How boxing is really interesting nowadays , many fighters can be champions.

this thread is troll bait. like you're ever going to be able to prove this either way.

not even 'this fight is better than that one,' but not even in the same sport lol. good luck with that.

even better than conor mcgregor's fights? could anything ever top that technique? the left hand from God?

even better than conor mcgregor's fights? could anything ever top that technique? the left hand from God?
You are try to reason with someone called Boxingfan998. I think he might be slightly biased.

Boxing is probably one of the most corrupt industries in the world. The sport of boxing has been notorious for fight-rigging, feeding cans to make a fighter look better than he is, and worst of it all, we got the idiotic judging system from boxing.

In a nutshell, MMA is way better than boxing. Boxing has been around for centuries and now all the casual MMA fans think it's cool to jump on the boxing bandwagon, as Nate Diaz is doing.

Lots of fights are better in MMA. Sure it was a good boxing match but the technicality of boxing kind of went out the window about halfway through and it became about who could absorb the most damage. I'd still rather see the wide variety of techniques in mma.

Theres never been a good MMA fight to my knowledge.
Theres been a few "mehs"

This is personal preference so there’s really no wrong answers.

Arlovski vs Sylvia, plus that one had a bonus 4th no contest.

Fedor vs Nog: Fedor as an underdog dominated Big Nog on the ground in the first and took his belt. The second fight was the final for the HW grand prix and it was a competitive fight until the accidental clash of heads and the NC. The third fight was a standup fight that Fedor dominated that sealed the rivalry

Conor vs Dustin in terms of hype and PPV buys (for the last two fights)

Not for Ali vs Frazier no. But for Fury vs Wilder, I'd say Edgar vs Maynard is more exciting due to the quality of the second and third fights, whereas Fury vs Wilder was mostly a one sided trilogy if you tally up the rounds.

We need that Jacare vs Camozzi trilogy!

Fedor vs Nog

Not really a trilogy, the 3rd fight was just a redo of the 2nd fight and the same guy was dominant every time minus the clash of heads.

Conor vs Dustin is crazy too.

Each guy got KOd. One got his leg broken.

Back