Media Fury attempts to crash Ngannou / Joshua presser, gets absolutely wrecked verbally by Francis

Eye gouging is highly effective in a street fight. You see what even the slightest eye poke will do to an MMA fighter in the cage. It stops them dead in their tracks. Some even fall to the floor and roll around in agony.

Throw in biting, headbutts, rabbit punches (back of the head), groin strikes, throat strikes, hair pulling, fish hooking, the possibility of weapons and/or multiple attackers and it's a completely different animal altogether. Combat sports =/= street fights.
Yeah, combat for self defence is not the same as combat sports.
I did Judo for many years before MMA was even a thing before I switched to a striking art so I'm not bothered or taken out of my element with all these guys jumping on the MMA train now.

The things is, yes being well versed in various arts is an advantage but from the beginning of the UFC the rules were no eye gouging, biting or goin attacks (they wore a cup).
What I have realized is if you take these limits away again its a different beast entirely and becomes more like a striking standup fight again since getting close means risking getting maimed for life.
So there is a kind of circle there. What Jon Fury went to prison for I guarantee protects against most attempts at grappling.

Heres a funny vid that was posted about a prison fight that went to the ground

If you are a striker its worth it to known a few basic principles of what is called 'defensive BJJ' (aka anti-BJJ)

and to practice take down defence for overall self protection, add the willingness to use illegal attacks in there you would be fine if it came down to it for real against most MMA guys.

I did Judo for many years before MMA was even a thing before I switched to a striking art so I'm not bothered or taken out of my element with all these guys jumping on the MMA train now.

The things is, yes being well versed in various arts is an advantage but from the beginning of the UFC the rules were no eye gouging, biting or goin attacks (they wore a cup).
What I have realized is if you take these limits away again its a different beast entirely and becomes more like a striking standup fight again since getting close means risking getting maimed for life.
So there is a kind of circle there. What Jon Fury went to prison for I guarantee protects against most attempts at grappling.

If you are a striker its worth it to known a few basic principles of what is called 'defensive BJJ' (aka anti-BJJ)

and to practice take down defence for overall self protection, add the willingness to use illegal attacks in there you would be fine if it came down to it for real against most MMA guys.

Yeah, there are specialized forms of submission grappling styles like BJJ for use in real world altercations. The military & law enforcement use combatives in the field. John Fury sucked as a boxer but he's just the type of animal you need to be on the streets.

Another illegal technique I forgot to mention earlier was small joint manipulation. Like grabbing someone's fingers and pulling them back or apart (assuming you can isolate their wrist/hand). I'll check out the video you linked.

Edit. LOL dude was screaming like a bitch.

I think one on one in a fair fight Ngannou has the edge due to superior strength, grappling, chin. However in the street Fury most likely has the advantage of numbers, and while he likely won't be doing any eye gouging himself we can't say the same for the rest of his family. If Ngannou "lost it" without a good team around him, most likely it's a bad day for him.

I think one on one in a fair fight Ngannou has the edge due to superior strength, grappling, chin. However in the street Fury most likely has the advantage of numbers, and while he likely won't be doing any eye gouging himself we can't say the same for the rest of his family. If Ngannou "lost it" without a good team around him, most likely it's a bad day for him.
numbers lol thats no answer of course someone can win with numbers

it seems like Ngannou was not wrecking fury verbally 1v1. Eddie Hearn has absolutly no reason to lie here, so....

There was an actual horrific social trend in early USA of guys destroying each others eyeballs in fights in colonial USA (wrecking or ripping it out) because that was the social limit short of murder in some places those days. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rough_and_tumble_fighting

You can guarantee that possibility changed fight styles.

Tyson has a big family full of ex-cons that are quite protective. It isn't hard to imagine at least one of them jumping in mid-fight or right after.
Let's hold the fight in the sand mine that Francis used to work in and see how many of them show up.

I’d actually pick the tribe of gypsies on the streets, most of those lunatics are bare knuckle fighting as soon as they can walk.

Yeah, there are specialized forms of submission grappling styles like BJJ for use in real world altercations. The military & law enforcement use combatives in the field. John Fury sucked as a boxer but he's just the type of animal you need to be on the streets.

Another illegal technique I forgot to mention earlier was small joint manipulation. Like grabbing someone's fingers and pulling them back or apart (assuming you can isolate their wrist/hand). I'll check out the video you linked.

Edit. LOL dude was screaming like a bitch.
Yeah ,small joint manipulation also is a game changer and banned in all competitions. For example even if they get you down and behind you with hooks in looking for a choke, if you can tuck your chin to your shoulder to stop their arm getting round your neck, you can try to break their figures and have them screaming and releasing the position.

Its actually a fun art in itself, learning how to use the banned techniques to override sport grappling.

There was an actual horrific social trend in early USA of guys destroying each others eyeballs in fights in colonial USA (wrecking or ripping it out) because that was the social limit short of murder in some places those days. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rough_and_tumble_fighting

You can guarantee that possibility changed fight styles.
Yup, my sig is based on that.

Real no rules fighting like that was a horror show so if people are talking about fighting outside then all bets are off you do what you need to do, if that means gouging then so be it thats their fault if it happens to them for trying to grapple and clinch in a real fight.

Someone should tell that 40 year old Ngannou guy that any 15 year old video game streamer could kill him with a gun.

Imagin wasting your time with combat sports, eating PEDs and earning zero money while failing to realize that your combat skills mean jackshit in the real world.

Im just a muay thai guy with a modified boxing stance and some grappling expierence (just enough for decent TDD). I would lose to many pros since i like proper strength training, dont like cheating and have better options.

In a "real" fight against any pro fighter I would use a knife since that what ive been t raining the last 5 years.

Weapons not allowed? Cool story.

Then put me against your fav in the pool or sea and I would kill them. Since most of earth is water, it means im the superior fighter.

Combat sports aint magic and means friggin jackshit in the real world.

@Nova44 The only thing thats funny imho is ... MMA is more of a hybrid grappling sport aka it does favour the grapplers and when some non grapplers guys like Izzy come -- while being a trash grappler but just good enough TDD -- and become double champ or some shit ... thats funny.

Cody is another guy. His style is 90% boxing and he uses the very basics of TDD.

Bob Sapp is still the king. Mofo trained for like 6 months and made fun of combat sports while having fun with japanese milfs, LMAO.

At the end of the day i dont really care ... combat sports are just full of rednecks.

Tyson has a big family full of ex-cons that are quite protective. It isn't hard to imagine at least one of them jumping in mid-fight or right after.

A fuckin huge family. He’s seems to be related to half the boxers in the Manchester post code. He’s also a traveller, and they stick together. They are their own gang. You pick a fight with one and they’ll likely come back with numbers!

Someone should tell that 40 year old Ngannou guy that any 15 year old video game streamer could kill him with a gun.

Imagin wasting your time with combat sports, eating PEDs and earning zero money while failing to realize that your combat skills mean jackshit in the real world.

Im just a muay thai guy with a modified boxing stance and some grappling expierence (just enough for decent TDD). I would lose to many pros since i like proper strength training, dont like cheating and have better options.

In a "real" fight against any pro fighter I would use a knife since that what ive been t raining the last 5 years.

Then put me against your fav in the pool or sea and I would kill them. Since most of earth is water, it means im the superior fighter.

The last part of your post is absolute nonsense! Being able to defend yourself clearly isn’t useless! There’s Lots of countries around the world where they don’t let any fuckin idiot carry a gun. And combat sports/martial arts really can be incredibly useful against a Blade or weapon, or dealing with more than 1 person. It’s certainly far better than being in that situation and not being able to fight or defend yourself, where you almost certainly will get stabbed up or beaten

Last edited:
The last part of your post is absolute nonsense! Being able to defend yourself clearly isn’t useless! There’s Lots of countries around the world where they don’t let any fuckin idiot carry a gun. And combat sports/martial arts really can be incredibly useful against a Blade or weapon, or dealing with more than 1 person. It’s certainly far better than being in that situation and not being able to fight or defend yourself, where you almost certainly will get stabbed up or beaten

Bruh i was just too lazy too edit my post.

Martial arts do help, be it for staying in shape or gaining bigger balls /// whatever but they aint magic and that was my point.

It can negate grappling for sure.

If someone has mount on you and you can touch their face and thrust a thumb in their eye, they will be getting off or trying to change position to get away rapidly. You wouldn't be trying to smash anyone you will be creatihg space to protect yourself from being blinded. Sorry to burst your bubble but sport grappling is not fighting and definitely not no rules fighting.

If you really grapple then try it and see what happens if bottom guy really could go for a gouge with intent.
Same with a standing clinch, you try to grab my lapel I grab your face and eye we will see who wins.

Lol. Go watch vale tudo Japan where eye gouges hapoened,

No if you reach for my eyes while I’m mounting you you’re getting gift wrapped, and guess what I can eye gouge you now

Bruh i was just too lazy too edit my post.

Martial arts do help, be it for staying in shape or gaining bigger balls /// whatever but they aint magic and that was my point.

As an ex doorman my boxing/kickboxing experience did far more than just keep me in shape. And the body builders that didn’t actually fight were usually the ones coming off worse when it all kicked off. Tbf most of the fellas I worked the doors with were fighters because being trained to fight is a clear advantage when your dealing with groups of pissed up, aggressive wankers

Of course it’s not gonna help if someone pulls a gun, but thankfully that’s about as rare as rocking horse shit where I live

Last edited:

Okay aquaman<YeahOKJen>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back