Fuji BJJ Gi Review

Yah dude I ordered the single weave. A few people at my gym recommended it to me. Should arrive tomorrow.

the quality of the gi surpasses some of the "high quality" gi's out there imo its a perfect weight and its construction is kinda like a hybrid of a single and double because around teh shoulders and chest is way thicker then most of the gi .

def worth 80 bucks . I went through shoyorolls , gameness , ouano ,ground control, atama and right now I have two jjpg and my fuji that i bought 2 years ago that i still love the rest i sold or gave away .

the quality of the gi surpasses some of the "high quality" gi's out there imo its a perfect weight and its construction is kinda like a hybrid of a single and double because around teh shoulders and chest is way thicker then most of the gi .

def worth 80 bucks . I went through shoyorolls , gameness , ouano ,ground control, atama and right now I have two jjpg and my fuji that i bought 2 years ago that i still love the rest i sold or gave away .

Interesting. A few of the guys at my old school have them, they seem solid. I kinda wish I'd have gotten one to start instead of P&S. . .

I just got my fuji single in. its awsome. super light and soft (compared to my koral mkm, gorilla fg gold weave, and gameness platinum (lol))....

fits me great. Deffinitly the snuggest of my gi's. The sleeves are a bit wider up top near the biceps compared to other gi's though, but near the cuff its slimmer. Maybe ill get it tailored in for 10 bucks

I just got my fuji single in. its awsome. super light and soft (compared to my koral mkm, gorilla fg gold weave, and gameness platinum (lol))....

fits me great. Deffinitly the snuggest of my gi's. The sleeves are a bit wider up top near the biceps compared to other gi's though, but near the cuff its slimmer. Maybe ill get it tailored in for 10 bucks

Did you wash in warm water and dry it yet?

I think they will keep shrinking

didnt wash it yet. Waiting for it as a gift for the holidays. just got to try it on. ill see how much it shrinks. Im not going to shrink it too much, but it would still be fine if it lost a little length/width so im not worried.

I was planning on getting a Gorilla Gi they seem very well made but they haven't restocked and I need one for Jan. Apparently this one seems solid as well.

I'm 5'9 and 220 any recommendations

I was planning on getting a Gorilla Gi they seem very well made but they haven't restocked and I need one for Jan. Apparently this one seems solid as well.

I'm 5'9 and 220 any recommendations

a3 would be fine just watch the shrinking , i am 5'9 225 gorilla shaped lol , so the pants on the fuji were a little long but i have short legs , if your shaped like me i found the new jjpg gi's to fit me perfect almost out of the bag in a2

I just received the Fuji Victory gi and I can't believe the quality! For a mind-blowing $80 this gi seriously appears to be better than most gis that are twice the price, if not just as good. The pearl weave is unique and soft and the fit is very athletic and appears to be cut for competition. I love the way this gi fits! I normally wear an A2 but was told to wear an A3 and shrink it down. I did just that and the gi fits perfectly and feels great. This gi seems to shrink quite a bit so if you're going to get one it would be wise to order 1 size up and shrink it down. The rubber collar is very thick but also soft and flexible, not stiff like some other gis and the reinforcements are an added plus for construction and integrity. The gi itself feels so soft and light! I can't believe I disregarded Fuji for so long.

a3 would be fine just watch the shrinking , i am 5'9 225 gorilla shaped lol , so the pants on the fuji were a little long but i have short legs , if your shaped like me i found the new jjpg gi's to fit me perfect almost out of the bag in a2

Those new JJPG gis look like they have an awesome cut! I keep seeing them pop up in GRACIEMAG and the way they are cut has really interested me as well as their minimal design. I am not one for patches and style. I prefer the plain boring traditional look with just an academy patch. I swear, these generic-styled gis are really improving in quality lately.

I just received the Fuji Victory gi and I can't believe the quality! For a mind-blowing $80 this gi seriously appears to be better than most gis that are twice the price, if not just as good. The pearl weave is unique and soft and the fit is very athletic and appears to be cut for competition. I love the way this gi fits! I normally wear an A2 but was told to wear an A3 and shrink it down. I did just that and the gi fits perfectly and feels great. This gi seems to shrink quite a bit so if you're going to get one it would be wise to order 1 size up and shrink it down. The rubber collar is very thick but also soft and flexible, not stiff like some other gis and the reinforcements are an added plus for construction and integrity. The gi itself feels so soft and light! I can't believe I disregarded Fuji for so long.

So you got the light pearl ? not the heavier single ?

My bad. It is the Victory single weave and not the Kasen pearl weave.

Just purchased a Fuji Victory single weave yesterday. Very anxious for it to arrive. I'm about 5'9" tall, 155 lb on a good day. I'm told I have a broad back and shoulders and have longer arms. Inseam length is at 31". I ordered the A3, mostly because I prefer a looser fit with my TKD background and the broader shoulders. I'll let you all know how it fits pre- and post- wash.

Just received my Fuji midweight, size A3. Have to say, for my tastes and TKD background, it fits perfectly, out of the bag. I don't want to resize at all. Legs are a little shorter than my TKD doboks. It touches the top of my foot, but doesn't exactly lie on it. Arms come to the end of my wrist, top of the palm. Very pleased. It looks and feels great. I'll be roll testing it tonight.

Again, for a point of reference, I am barely 5'9", about 156 lbs, though I've been told I have a broad back and shoulders. Inseam length is 31" and dress shirt size is 15 1/2 neck, 34/35" sleeve. Hope this helps.

Had my first roll in my new gi a couple of nights ago. Very comfortable and it seemed to hold up well. It's certainly a different feeling than grappling in a heavier karate and TKD gi. One thing I did notice, however, is that the pants either loosen at the waist or once I roll for a bit there is some stretch. I still haven't washed the uniform, so perhaps that will improve the situation. 2nd roll is tonight.

Just got an A4 black one. Do I have to wash it with white vinegar first time?

I have a Fuji gi and I like it just fine. It's a good gi. Not the best, but the best for the price, IMO. Find another gi in it's price range and the Fuji will probably be better.

Just washed my A4 in cold with 40 mins of air tumble dry and the remainder of time just plain air dried. Shrinkage is minimal. 1/4" tops.

Next question, has anyone used Oxyclean to wash their gi? Would it cause any fabric weakness?

Just washed my A4 in cold with 40 mins of air tumble dry and the remainder of time just plain air dried. Shrinkage is minimal. 1/4" tops.

Next question, has anyone used Oxyclean to wash their gi? Would it cause any fabric weakness?

Oxyclean is the way to go for white gi.
DO NOT USE BLEACH that will most definetly weaken the fabric.

Becareful with the single weave FUJI they do keep shrinking.

Peace.

Back