Fuji BJJ Gi Review

If you've used a size 5 in Judo Gis, an A3 is usually the Brazilian sizing equivalent. But if you're saying that even your old size 5 Judo Gi was a bit too big then maybe you might want to try a size A2 then shrink to fit as necessary. Also, most BJJ Gis are cut to be slimmer or less baggy at least when compared to Judo Gis. Its just a part of the unique style of Gi for BJJ. Hope this helps.

thank you.........

I plan on getting one..but this thread just confuses me...

I am around 6'1.. 185lbs. And there are a few guys here my size...some guys are saying A4 is huge if you are this size and even shrinking it, it is too big. Other guy a few posts later says...he is also this size and A3 is too small get A4.

what? ahhh!

ScannersExplodingHead.gif

I'm with you, man. I'm 6'1" & 175lbs, and I'd like to get a black fuji single weave, but I'm not sure now based on peoples shrinkage comments. Would I be safe getting an a4 in black(since they "run smaller") and just shrinking it to fit?

The A3 and A4 are designed to overlap in who they can be used by. Tall and skinny probably an A3 but if you hitting 6'0 and 185 or more I'd probably go with an A4 as the body does get to be a snugger fit (in a good way) but if you are rail skinny maybe try the A3, at 6'0 195 I wear an A4 ad I am glad it finally stopped shrinking the body is good and the sleeves hit just above my wrist bone. It only took a few warm washes and dry sessions and it has stopped shrinking. If I could do it all over, I'd still order the A4 and shrink to fit.

I plan on getting one..but this thread just confuses me...

I am around 6'1.. 185lbs. And there are a few guys here my size...some guys are saying A4 is huge if you are this size and even shrinking it, it is too big. Other guy a few posts later says...he is also this size and A3 is too small get A4.

what? ahhh!

ScannersExplodingHead.gif

an a3 will fit you perfect iam 5'9 225 gorilla like body and the a3 fits me perfect so it will fit you fine .

I was rolling in my fuji last night and i kinda stopped and thought i Have 3 gi's an atama , shoyoroll and a fuji and rather roll in the fuji bjj gi and i payed 80 bucks for it .

By far one of the best deal for quaility gi's

Ok, i'm looking at the Fuji Single Weave in blue.

this one here Fuji Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Single Weave Blue Gi - MMAWarehouse.com

looks like the one this thread is talking about. anyway, i'm a hair under 5'8", 150-160 lbs (depending on the shape i'm in), average athletic build. would an A2 be the right size? according to the chart it is, but what about from real life experience?

TalkShow - I am 6ft1 and 197 pounds. The fuji Gi after washing and tossing in the dryer for about 20 minutes shrinks up my arm about an inch and a half. If you go Fuji you would probably have to deal with a floppy a4 or a a3 that will never go in the dryer. It fit me very nicely before I wash/dried the gi.

I'm about 5'9 1/2" and around 140 pounds, should I get an A3 or an A2??

I've a sizing issue with Fuji BJJ gi's.... I'm 1m90/6ft2, 85kg/185lbs and I was advised by an online shop to go for A3.

As I was a bit unsure about A3/A4 still I ordered two gi's to try:
Fuji single weave BJJ 7000 A4
Fuji lightweight BJJ 8000 A3

The 7000 A4: if it wouldn't shrink at all it would be just fine. Sleeves, jacket length, jacket "overlap", pants are just fine. But probably it would shrink quite a bit, so this is not an option.

The 8000 A3: way to small in about every aspect: cannot close the jacket at all, sleeves are way too short, pants are way too short. Clearly this one also has to be returned.

Fabric-wise I like the 8000-series more. The collar is less stiff, more flexible, the pants feel better.

Now the 8000-series is marketed as "pre-shrunk". If the 8000-A4 is exactly the same size (or bigger) as the 7000-A4 and if the 8000-series would not shrink anymore (max 1cm or so) I would dare to go for it... but how about this pre-shrunk shrinking??

Recommendations anyone?

go bigger and shrink it down. in my experience, "preshrunk" ends up shrinking over time anyway, even with cold wash and hang dry.

i can only speak for the fuji 7000s and from what i understand they shrink down quite a bit. i ordered those a size up and shrunk them down to near perfect, slightly larger to account for shrinkage over time.

Hey everyone,

I am 6'1 230 and was wondering if I should get the A4 or A5 single weave? I have two other gi's a JJPG A4 which is too small for me know, had it about a year. And an A5 Dom Gear gi which is to long in the arms and legs even after washing/drying in hot water, had this one over a year.

I was just wondering if any guys around my size could give me some advice. I am even open to other gi brand suggestions but my budget is about $150. I'm also one of those guys with broad shoulders.

This is the Fuji gi I am thinking about getting, Fuji Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Single Weave White Gi - MMAWarehouse.com - MMA Gear, MMA Clothing, MMA Shorts, MMA Gloves, MMA Shirts and more!

Thanks for any help.

Yes, for the Fuji Victory kimonos a size A4 would be your size according to the charts. However, these uniforms are known to shrink the most in the industry. After 2-3 washes you may wind up giving it away or hope you shrink. A size A5 would just be ridiculous to get due to the pants fitting like a tent. If you really want this gi, I suggest getting an A5 jacket with A4 pants. We have splited them up for customers in the past

On sale Brazilian jiu-jitsu uniform at Kinji San jiu-jitsu Supplies

For your build, I would suggest (not trying to make you splurge) you check out the Koral MKM or Classic uniforms. They have a nice cut and tend to fit larger individuals better. Size A3 will be fine

On sale 2010 Koral Mkm Kimono for $178.50 Kinjisan.com

Another suggest I like is the Ronin Insignia Bjj gii. Great for the money and offer a similiar cut/fit as the Koral. I know it was recently reviewed here. Size A3 will be fine. Same industrial Pre-shrunk cloth with a nice thick Rubber collar

The Insignia Jiu-jitsu Kimono by Ronin brand. One of the Best quality & comfortable Bjj gi's in the U.S.

Just ordered one in blue a thursday.

Even though I fall into the A2 size I ordered an A3 so I can shrink it to fit.

Will post pics when it arrives

Just ordered one in blue a thursday.

Even though I fall into the A2 size I ordered an A3 so I can shrink it to fit.

Will post pics when it arrives

i have no experience with there new pearl weave gi's but i do have a fuji single weave its quality is great just have to watch the gi as it shrinks very easily.

i have no experience with there new pearl weave gi's but i do have a fuji single weave its quality is great just have to watch the gi as it shrinks very easily.

Yah dude I ordered the single weave. A few people at my gym recommended it to me. Should arrive tomorrow.

Back