Fuji BJJ Gi Review

I have the victory kimono. Trust me it was not the judo cut A2 and it shrank. The canadian website may not have it but they ordered it from the states. No duty.

I liked the fit out of the box of the A2 but it just shrank for some reason. I don't dry my gi's. The pants didn't shrink that much. It was just the top.

I'm 5'8'' 5'9'' 200lbs. I own an A3 gameness single weave(top fits great but pants are alittle long). What size Fuji should I get? I'm worried about it shrinking too much.

I'm about 5'10-5'11 225-235 pounds. A bit overweight but not too fat considering; fairly large frame. Broad shoulders, and fairly large thighs. Nonetheless, I am out of shape, and I hope to slim down a good bit over the next year. I saw a topic with a similar question where the guy was just a couple inches taller than me. Most people recommended the A5. This is my first gi, I was thinking the A4 but now I'm unsure. Would the A5 be too big for me (I worry about length in particular) or would shrinking it a bit take care of this? Thanks.

I just got my A4 blue single weave in the mail today. I'm 5'10" and about 210. The pants are enormous, as far as how baggy the pant legs are and as far as length. I'd recommend the A4.

I also got mine in the mail yesterday and was mighty impressed from the start (except for the extra patches not being in the box). I got the Black A5, and was really surprised at how much weight it had to it, but it still felt comfortable. I'm 6'1 250 and the jacket fit almost perfect out of the box, the sleeves were only about 3/4" too long, but 9 min in the dryer took care of that. I let it hang overnight and the remaining shrinkage was minimal.

The pants on the other hand are freaking huge. I ran them in the dryer for a total of 21 min (3 cycles of 6 min) and the length came up to right about mid-ankle level (started out right above the top of the foot), but the waist is still probably 6" too big. The drawstring takes care of the majority of it, but I'll have to remember to double knot it for sure!

Overall it's pretty sweet, and I'm looking forward to rolling in it tonight.

i'm 6'1 and 190. just got a fuji a4. the pants fit fine but the top is HUGE. I mean it would fit a guy like 6'6 and 250. i expected to have to shrink it. i have run it through the dryer 5 times and the arms are still a little long but better.

So I would say if you are close to my weight get an a3.

I would recommend trying on some other guy's gis at practice, wish i had done that before i bought. in my experience the size charts are not accurate.

So after rolling in it for a night and giving it a second run through the wash (cold, air dry after) it only shrunk roughly 2cm all around and is still fitting really well (with the exception of the pants that I could fit another person in).

i'm 6'1 and 190. just got a fuji a4. the pants fit fine but the top is HUGE. I mean it would fit a guy like 6'6 and 250. i expected to have to shrink it. i have run it through the dryer 5 times and the arms are still a little long but better.

So I would say if you are close to my weight get an a3.

I would recommend trying on some other guy's gis at practice, wish i had done that before i bought. in my experience the size charts are not accurate.

I bought the A4 thinking I could shrink it down, and it did shrink down a lot more than I expected, but the jacket is incredibly huge (other than the arm length which is actually about what it should be). I don't understand, the jacket arm length on the A4 is pretty good after a wash in cold water and drying for about 45 minutes with plenty of heat. But the sleeves could fit 3 of my arms in them, and the jacket could easily still close if I was twice as wide around my chest/stomach. Maybe it will shrink up more though. It is comfortable otherwise.

Has anybody shrunk their fuji in the dryer?

Mine was huge, so I have dried it several times on high heat. It shrinks to a nice fit. But when I roll in it and it gets soaked with sweat it stretches all the way back out to XXL.

Just curious if it will ever stay shrunk. I'm about to give up and just buy an A3.

The FUJI's are good value but the jacket does fit a bit funny. My A2 fits good but the shoulders are still a bit big. I have washed it in hot and used the dryer 4 times now and it does not shrink anymore.

Has anybody shrunk their fuji in the dryer?

Mine was huge, so I have dried it several times on high heat. It shrinks to a nice fit. But when I roll in it and it gets soaked with sweat it stretches all the way back out to XXL.

Just curious if it will ever stay shrunk. I'm about to give up and just buy an A3.

My other gi is a single weave and it does the same thing. So when I first put it on it feels small but once I start rolling it stretches and fits a little better. I think this is common for single weaves (my other is a Koral MKM Competition).

The FUJI's are good value but the jacket does fit a bit funny. My A2 fits good but the shoulders are still a bit big. I have washed it in hot and used the dryer 4 times now and it does not shrink anymore.

I agree. The material is comfortable, and feels a lot less rough/stiff after it's washed/right when I put it on. But the jacket around the waist is enormous. Plus this jacket seems to be very long (other than the sleeves, which are ok as far as length but are extremely baggy as well).

This gi is aight but the pants have the flat drawstring and the lapel isn't rubber. Hard to argue with a price like that though

I ended up getting a Black A5 after talking to Budovideos customer service. I'm pretty pleased with result. Naturally, an A5 was a little big for me (5'10 ish/235), but after a warm wash and a hot dry it fits rather well. The pants waist is huge, but the length was almost perfect after shrinking. After tying the drawstring it fits pretty well in the waist area. I have fairly large thighs, and after shrinking a little I feel pretty good in them. Obviously, its not a tight fit (I prefer a little room) but its not too baggy either. The jacket was kind of long but I ran it through a second wash (cold) and I just finished drying it a minute ago. It fits almost perfect now, although the sleeves are just a tad bit long. No big deal. Overall, it appears to be a very good gi. I will be rolling in it tonight and I will post an update later.

anyone know places that just sell the jacket?

Has anyone put on the fuji patches on their gi? If so, which patches go where?

I'm 6'1" 195 lb and I ordered a black A3. Out of the box it was too small. I traded it to my instructor for lessons and ordered a white A4, did a little shrinking, and it fits perfect now. If you're around my height and weight I would skip the A3 and go for the A4 and shrink to fit. Just a heads up.

Hello everyone,
I hope I have properly opened the new thread!!!:redface:

I want to buy a Fuji victory Bjj what size should I take??

my measurements :

Height: 5'77

I think an a3 would fit right.
I'm 6' and 190 and the a4 i got is still big even after shrinking as much as possible.

I'm 5'4'' and 180 what size gi should I get? I've been training with a judo gi which is a 5 but had to hem the pants up to 4 inches and the gi looks baggy on me. Is the fuji gis cut like a judo one cause I dont like it baggy on me.

If you've used a size 5 in Judo Gis, an A3 is usually the Brazilian sizing equivalent. But if you're saying that even your old size 5 Judo Gi was a bit too big then maybe you might want to try a size A2 then shrink to fit as necessary. Also, most BJJ Gis are cut to be slimmer or less baggy at least when compared to Judo Gis. Its just a part of the unique style of Gi for BJJ. Hope this helps.

Back