From what I saw against Hendo DC does not have the tools to beat jones

It's hard to imagine, and frankly a little depressing, that people with brain activity as low as yours are lurking around. Jesus.

I'm sure we all know DC will not win the striking exchange
The Wrestling is going to destroy Jon

You wanna see how their wrestling compares?

Look at how badly Rashad did wrestling Hendo and look how Cormier did what he wanted to do against Hendo. Their wrestling shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. DC has already proven to be the more impressive MMA wrestler.

Rashad is still a wrestler?

DC ran over Henderson and really showed that he is a nightmare match up for anyone TS

I don't think Rashad would have looked to wrestle Cormier. He really didnt against Dan either. I think he would have used his wrestling to keep it standing much better than Hendo could. Rashad is still a way better wrestler than Dan and way faster.

How can you call Rashad a better wrestler than Dan when they were practically even...?

DC doesn't only ragdoll small lhws. That's a load of crap. If he can throw around hws he can do it to Jones. Idk if he wins, but that's why they fight.

That is the problem. Wrestling alone will not beat jones. If the goal was to pin jones DC would be the favorite.

i disagree.....dc has wrestled around much bigger men and better wrestlers than jones such as barnett.

DC will push the pace against jones like gus did, difference is that now he'll be facing elite level wrestling, even if he doesn't damage jones, there is nothing stopping DC from holding him down for 5 rounds

How can you call Rashad a better wrestler than Dan when they were practically even...?

I just told you. I don't think Rashad tried to wrestle Dan. He felt he could outstrike him instead. Do you really think Rashad would get outwrestled by Jake Shields like Dan did? Dan hasn't shown good wrestling since he fought Rampage, 7 years ago. And he still lost the wrestling in that one too.

i disagree.....dc has wrestled around much bigger men and better wrestlers than jones such as barnett.

DC will push the pace against jones like gus did, difference is that now he'll be facing elite level wrestling, even if he doesn't damage jones, there is nothing stopping DC from holding him down for 5 rounds
DC wont be able to hold jones down for 5 rounds.

I just told you. I don't think Rashad tried to wrestle Dan. He felt he could outstrike him instead. Do you really think Rashad would get outwrestled by Jake Shields like Dan did? Dan hasn't shown good wrestling since he fought Rampage, 7 years ago. And he still lost the wrestling in that one too.

What gave you the idea he wanted to strike with Dan? He did no such thing. He tried to bully Hendo against the fence for the most part. Hendo scared Rashad off the stand up game whne he dropped him with a jab in the first round.

If anything Hendo was trying to strike with Rashad while Rashad tried to clinch the entire fight.

And do you really think Hendo would get taken down by Sean Salmon, like Rashad did?

DC wont be able to hold jones down for 5 rounds.

anything is possible, no doubt that if anyone is to game plan properly to beat jones it would be the team of dc and cain....whether it be holding him down or just peppering him on the feet

DC is definitely a threat but he's certainly not a lock for the LHW title, and I'm a solid fan of his. Both Gus and Jones could very well beat him. Even a guy like AJ could beat DC if he can hit him and hurt him before DC clinches with him and takes him down. AJ has fought at heavyweight too and beat Arlovski not so long ago (not saying much but he's a big strong dude himself). Gus has the movement, the striking (boxing especially), the speed, power and the footwork to be difficult for DC to fight too (and for Jones, once again). Trying to close that great deal of distance with guys that have such a huge reach advantage (and leg length) won't be as easy as many think it will be, especially with a guy who is constantly circling and hopping around on the balls of his feet like Gus does.

DC got a good win and impressive stoppage over Hendo the other night but his BJJ does need some improvement and his GnP needs work too. For a guy with major KO power you'd think that his GnP would be some really powerful shit. Once he takes you down he will have to find a sub or GnP to get the finish and right now he still needs to improve them both (admittedly, he said that he's only getting better with everything). He did beat up and stop a nearly 44 year old man though (in 3 months) that's also off his TRT.

Hendo hasn't been an Olympic wrestling participant in 18 years since the '96 summer Olympic games & before that at the Olympics in '92 in Greco. His first major tournament was the Pan-Ams in 1984 (he was around 18 years old) and hasn't actually competed in wrestling since 2000, at the Pan-Ams in California, which he medaled Gold in, along with the Henri Deglane Challenge that same year where he medaled Bronze.

I agree TS, beating a 40 year old who weighed 199 pounds
when DC prob weighed over 230 pounds on fight night

well doesn't mean he will rag-doll Jones the same way

THIS^^

In fact I don't see DC being able to take down Jones any more than others. Jones has the best TDD in LHW and arguably the best in all of MMA. Gus has one TD on Jones and everyone else has zero.

Back