From what I saw against Hendo DC does not have the tools to beat jones

goldentoe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jones is the best striker at LHW and a much better striker than anyone DC has faced so I dont see DC being able to Hang with jones.
DC is for sure able to take Jones down not at will but with his technique and power it is a sure thing he has the ability to get him down. That is going to be the problem for DC, once he gets Jones down what is he going to be able to do to him?

Watching the DC/Hendo fight it was clear DC's submission wrestling is lacking. And DC does not do enough damage with his GnP to threaten Jones on the ground.

Jones with his reach and fight IQ is going to be a big problem for DC off his back. DC has a good chance to be beaten up in Jones guard and KOed or subbed.

Last edited:
dc demolished hendo with nasty gnp...
what are you talking about?

I see all the tools he has to beat jones right there. Don't be blind TS, he's (and maybe gus too) the biggest threat to jones.

I see all the tools he has to beat jones right there. Don't be blind TS, he's (and maybe gus too) the biggest threat to jones.
DC is rhe biggest threat to jones but i dont think he can do it. Jones is too good.

I agree TS, beating a 40 year old who weighed 199 pounds
when DC prob weighed over 230 pounds on fight night

well doesn't mean he will rag-doll Jones the same way

DC did very little damage with his GnP he did not demolish Hendo. He controlled him and tired him out.

He didn't demolish Hendo?

I guess you missed Hendo getting his faced busted up, slammed multiple times, and getting choked unconscious. And you must have missed the fact Hendo had 0 offence.

Hendo got demolished and run over.

because hendo is just some dummy waiting for dc to do what he feels like...
the way he dominated hendo i believe he is a threat to jones. should make for a great fight.

dc vs hendo made me more excited for this bout. first comes alex tho

both fights will be tough. i see jones improving more and more dismantling both with some new tricks and solid gameplan

How did this fight specifically show that DC lacks the tools to beat Jones?
It was a must-win fight and guaranteed title shot for DC.
He could have coasted to a decision if he wanted, and it would amount to zero evidence of how a fight against Jones would transpire.

Last edited:
can't wait for JJ to beat both Gus and DC then there'll be no more argument about this gonna beat JJ and who the GOAT is

I think DC has the tools but agree fighting Hendo didn't prove much as far as what would happen against Jones. Hendo hasn't shown good wrestling in mma since the Rampage fight, 7 years ago and he still lost that. Jones's wrestling is way better than Hendo despite all the "Dan was an Olympian" rationale.

TS is right. Cormier might be able to take Jones and Gus down but he doesnt have tools to keep them there and his gnp is lacking.

DC needed to be careful of the H bomb and game planned well for it.

Jake shields took down and dominated hendo on the ground for 5 rounds,and he couldn't do that to anyone in the ufc.the fact dc could take him down doesn't mean he can take Jones down.

In all honesty off his lhw accomplishments he doesn't deserve a title shot,and he is intent on sitting out till he gets the winner of Jones/Gus,so he could end up sitting out till the middle of next year.

I've never seen so many stupid comments after such a one-sided beatdown. The way some of you are describing this fight you make it sound like Cormier fought a shitty fight.

Damn some high level insight.

Hasn't faced a striker like jones so he will lose. Let's not even fight

Back