Froch vs Groves II [PBP]

If any of you have Sky Go, there are two shows on demand which have not been uploaded to youtube.

Under "Catch Up - Sky Sports", there's Behind the Ropes episode 1 and 2, and Tactics, a 50 minute special discussion with boxing experts.

I thought the tactics special was excellent especially as Smith and Bellew were both surprisingly good analysts.

what time does fight start tonight? im on the u.s. east coast

Weigh ins:

Also, Froch is to be paid 8 million pounds while Groves 2 million pounds for this fight.

Last edited:
Groves has got this in the bag

Froch cant go anywhere near him without speaking to someone(be it his mental coach or one of his crew) to try and calm him down first

Froch looks in great shape but it could also mean he has overtrained and he has been to the well a LOT of times in his career

i wouldn't be shocked to see him blow his load early and be stopped mid rounds

he's already talking about a 3rd fight and that shows he has doubt in his mind

I can't wait for this fight, its the highlight of the month for me.

For posters from the US, is this of any interest over there? I know groves won't be a big name but how big is froch?

Groves was messing with Froch so much. Every time Carl tried to ask him a question he just stared him out and refused to do what he was told. Then after trying his patience all the way through he does one more test with the handshake to see if he could break Carl and he did. He wanted to force a reaction from Froch, good stuff.

I don't mean to keep picking on you; but you do say some dumb shit. Groves was owned, used the not doing as he's told line to deflect his inability to form a cohesive answer, when questioned about his ridiculous verbose. The hand shake was his last ditch attempt to relieve his frustration, which failed too.
No real bearing on the fight but Carl stamped his authority here. I'm puzzled how someone can read a situation so absolutely ass about face?

I can't wait for this fight, its the highlight of the month for me.

For posters from the US, is this of any interest over there? I know groves won't be a big name but how big is froch?

its not really being marketed over here. but im american and im really pumped for this fight!

If Froch wins ,he might retire anyway...
If groves wins I imagine there is too much money involved to not have a 3rd fight .

Interesting specials today on Sky Sports. Gloves are Off: The Footballers, with Joe Cole, Jamie Redknapp and Darren Bent, talking about boxing in general and Froch vs Groves 2. Following that was a half-an-hour special with Andy Murray and his view on boxing and the fight. Was interesting to see Murray give credit to the UFC for putting the best fighters against each other, something that he hoped to see in boxing.

Really really rooting for a Froch win, but sadly i don't quite think it's going to happen. If Groves is smart about it he can win this fight fairly comfortably on the cards. He's got to fight this fight in bursts, taking rounds and not blowing himself out early. I think he's got enough to make it through the later rounds if Froch comes after him as well.

Also, i don't think there's too many favours coming Froch's way from the judges or referee tonight. There's a lot more future money in a Groves win here (the rematch against DeGale alone will be huge), combine that with the fuss everyone kicked up about Groves being treated unfairly last time and i think there's likely to be a lean towards him from the officials tonight if anything.

Damn I thought Froch was the favorite for this fight? I really like Froch. Either way I am not going miss this fight . Might sting to see Groves stop Froch

Back