Froch vs Groves II [PBP]

dbsh209

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Froch_v_Groves_II_A_Rematch_to_Set_British_Boxing_Alight.jpg

Last edited:
Froch's work with the shrink has paid off well. Don't think having to actually make the effort (as he clearly did) to be calm is worth bragging about, but he took the play away from Groves and made him look silly at times (or maybe Groves just does that himself.)

Still see him being starched on Saturday, though.

Groves was messing with Froch so much. Every time Carl tried to ask him a question he just stared him out and refused to do what he was told. Then after trying his patience all the way through he does one more test with the handshake to see if he could break Carl and he did. He wanted to force a reaction from Froch, good stuff.

Groves was messing with Froch so much. Every time Carl tried to ask him a question he just stared him out and refused to do what he was told. Then after trying his patience all the way through he does one more test with the handshake to see if he could break Carl and he did. He wanted to force a reaction from Froch, good stuff.

Lol, i have no idea how you watched it and came out with that impression. Carl got the better of the verbal exchanges throughout, leaving Groves looking gormless. Groves got wound up and took out his frustrations in the handshake, then was made to look like an idiot afterwards.

That whole thing reflected pretty badly on Groves, and made Froch look like the calm, commanding champion. Totally different to what we were seeing first time around.

Lol, i have no idea how you watched it and came out with that impression. Carl got the better of the verbal exchanges throughout, leaving Groves looking gormless. Groves got wound up and took out his frustrations in the handshake, then was made to look like an idiot afterwards.

That whole thing reflected pretty badly on Groves, and made Froch look like the calm, commanding champion. Totally different to what we were seeing first time around.

Umm no, you just read it wrong.

Froch was just trying to contradict Groves and pick up on his words, it was the only way he could stop the conversation from upsetting him. He kept asking Groves to answer questions and Groves didn't respond to him, didn't do what he wanted him to do. That clearly annoyed Froch.

Froch got caught out speaking about the sports psychologist, when Groves was asking if he needed him because of me and Froch just pretended to not understand the question rather than answer it. It was also funny seeing him to try to say that a voluntary sparring partner is the same as an employed one.

Froch was the one who got angry, as usual.

Lol, I really want Groves to win but Froch has easily gotten the best of the verbal exchanges during this build-up and made Groves look like an idiot here.

Still think Groves looks like Pee Wee from Porky's.

Froch beats him again. Comes in a bit more cautious and wins by KO.

In the first fight, you could tell that Froch was overrating what he is. He thought he was going to take Groves out in a round or two and walked into something.

Didn't see that at all. Froch asked him to explain his vague "everything for a reason" thing, and after staring blankly Groves had no answer for him. Even when Nelson asked him the question he had no answer. It's a stupid saying that can mean anything, i.e. means nothing.

And I don't know how "refusing to do what he was told" is anything more than childish when all he "was told" was to answer a question.

I thought Groves was getting the better of Froch for the first part of the interview, but in the latter bits Froch was holding his own. It's interesting how Froch doesn't just shut him up by saying that he finished him/stopped him ITD. Groves looked insecure really, refusing to answer questions and trying to act like a tough guy throughout. He got embarrassed in the handshake bit as well.

All in all, I've got Froch ITD in this fight, and I'll probably put some money on him winning outright as the odds are favourable.

I've updated this with some key promotional material throughout the build up. I've also updated a link to Gloves are Off.

This Saturday can't come any sooner!

Groves is a good technical boxer but he has no chin. if Froch lands one clean punch its over

im picking Froch via TKO

Froch takes this one with relative ease. I imagine for the first fight he underestimated Groves. This time he has something to prove, and I expect his performance will reflect that.

Just imagine the scenes at Wembley in front of about 90k. Havent seen a night like this since maybe Benn v Eubank at Old trafford many years ago .

Haha, that was pure entertainment. I kinda wanted to see the torch passed from one generation to the next, especially after how controlled the first 6 rounds had been for Groves last time around. I felt for him losing like that, but it was a come behind victory, and I've cheered about those time and again. Really wasn't favoring one guy over the other, but it would have been a pretty solid upset if he'd pulled that win out at the time.

Now, after watching that, I'd like to see the battle tested wardog pull another one out. The long pauses where Groves just gazes with his Lecter half-grin, head a little cocked, trying to play this "smartass" head game player cracked me up. I mean in a way that cast a negative light on Groves. Failure to intimidate, bro. He pretty much has to make easy work of Froch to look good now. He was tense, gotten to, and looked even a bit uneducated and slow at parts.

Looking forward to the fight. They both seem like they want it very bad. Hopefully they leave the head games at the apron, and let their fists do some serious talking after all this real talk.

will they do promotion like countdown or full access

im so looking forward for this fight

Back