Freestyle and Greco World Championships coming up!!

Jesus... Poor Obe Blanc!!! damn man. Dude was puttin in work too!

55kg Obe Blanc USA- Vs. Yasuhiro Inaba Japan- | 2010 Wrestling World Championships | Wrestling Matches on Flowrestling

Like 5 or 6 straight periods of not being scored on, like 11-1 takedowns and he gets stuck in the semi's... note the Japanese wrestler is well aware of how heartbreaking a loss like that is and tried to consol Obe... God, poor bastard.

Aaaarrrrggggh..@!!!!!! *&)*(&)(*^&*^$$@@!!!!!!!! That was fucking brutal

Gatsalov's run comes to an end, Gazyumov in fine form this year with the Eruopean and now World title.

Aaaarrrrggggh..@!!!!!! *&)*(&)(*^&*^$$@@!!!!!!!! That was fucking brutal

Props to Obe for not just trying to stall and ride it out though. Sometimes you take risks and lose, but dude was going for a victory the entire time. Japanese dude must be a fan of Pride and always working for a finish, as he clearly appreciated the magnitude of what had happened.

Gatsalov's run comes to an end, Gazyumov in fine form this year with the Eruopean and now World title.

That was a neck and neck afair i think gatsalov was unlucky to lose made a mistake you just can't make mistakes with the rules now, gazyumov was holding on for dear life at the end. I really liked how both were very calm and used experience gazyumov seemed too strong. Great job by both Ossentians.

Kind of off topic, but does anyone know what Henry Cejudo is up to? For a while he said he was going to do boxing, then mma.

Making his return next year, he said it on an interview somewhere.

No men medaled. First time US has been shut-out since 1975.

Just some observations I noticed. After watching some of the highlights of the finals, our guys def need to work on their technique. The Eastern European wrestlers just seem so patience when they're wrestling.

dissapointing for Iranian freestyle, taghavi beat stadnik then was unbelievably poor against the cuban, masoumi was poor, goudarzi did well but the ref in the final was a disgrace, in the first period tsargush blatantly pulling the singlet to help the takedown.

I see Makhov beat taymazov in the final, how did the match go down?

Last edited:
I see Nakhon beat taymazov in the final, how did the match go down?

1st period- Taymazov drives makhov to the edge of the mat tries getting in on the legs for a push out, makhov turns taymazov ends up on all fours near the edge of the mat makhov charges him and forces him out for a point. Ends 1-0 Makhov.

2nd period- Makhov gets a clinch in the centre and charges taymazov out with over unders if i remeber. ends 1-0 Makhov. Some glimpses from Taymazov trying knee taps but just couldn't drive him off.

Basically makhov was younger bigger and stronger than taymazov, and taymazov looked pretty tired, I think taymazov is a better wrestler, more athletic and technically better from watching the match, he was just overpowered on the push outs and didn't have the explosion and strength to finish anything. Maybe if they'd met earlier in the day it could've been different.

So does the US not qualify for the world cup?

Last edited:
IMO as long as Mahkov is motivated he is unbeatable.

He might not have the array of moves that some other guys have but he keeps good position and if he finds you out of position he will score.

Maybe not what most think of technique but I do consider position technique. and refusing to get scored on when someone else has the better position is talent, heart and determination.

Kind of off topic, but does anyone know what Henry Cejudo is up to? For a while he said he was going to do boxing, then mma.

He's disappeared off the wrestling radar for now, I'm wondering if he has even been practicing but he says he will be back in '11

I was really disappointed in the U.S team, specifically Jake Herbert. I hope they come back stronger, kinda wish Ben Askren stayed in freestyle so he could get better.

The hwt final was really good, was sad that Taymazov lost, Makhov is younger and much bigger and stronger, looks like the future of the HWT division, Any one have any idea why he didn't make the Russian Olympic team in 08?

Still taymazov at the world championships is not the same Taymazov at the Olympics, much more focused and conditioned, he will come back.

Also any one impressed with Sushil Kumar?

Wrestling has always been a traditional sport in India though no one had money to support it + the huge love for cricket.

Future Gold medalist imo if he keeps it up.

He's disappeared off the wrestling radar for now, I'm wondering if he has even been practicing but he says he will be back in '11

I was really disappointed in the U.S team, specifically Jake Herbert. I hope they come back stronger, kinda wish Ben Askren stayed in freestyle so he could get better.

The hwt final was really good, was sad that Taymazov lost, Makhov is younger and much bigger and stronger, looks like the future of the HWT division, Any one have any idea why he didn't make the Russian Olympic team in 08?

Still taymazov at the world championships is not the same Taymazov at the Olympics, much more focused and conditioned, he will come back.

Also any one impressed with Sushil Kumar?

Wrestling has always been a traditional sport in India though no one had money to support it + the huge love for cricket.

Future Gold medalist imo if he keeps it up.

I know Cejudo was trying boxing but your right rumors are he is coming back next year and aiming for another Gold in 12.

Kumar is very good and I agree he has staying power.

Askren was good but I think Howe is the future just to young this year and he isn't freestyle full time.

And Again I don't see anyone beating focused Mahkov anytime soon.

That first score from tsargush was bs real russian cheating, Tsargush is a stud, goudarzi continues to impress, i just love watching his style real exciting attacking wrestling, with that style he can beat anyone on any given day.
Did anyone hear about the Iranian that was pulled out of the greco because he was drawn against the israeli? Fucking mullahs ruining everything. Man now i see the gatsalov vs moradali match, wtf are with these rules twice he has to give the leg at the end of a period? Utter nonsense, world championships decided on coin flips. Just ridiculous, your drawing go to overtime first score wins, or wrestle for another minute is that so hard to do.

Last edited:
We have been having some debates on different wrestling forums. I( along with many other people) have said that the wrestlers need to work on technique more than conditioning. Some other coaches are blaming the coaches, MMA, money,rules,etc.. I told a lot of people Metcalf wasn't going to place because his style. The Europeans weren't going to fall for that keep pushing and attacking and the guy will break down. This shit wasn't going to work.

We have been having some debates on different wrestling forums. I( along with many other people) have said that the wrestlers need to work on technique more than conditioning. Some other coaches are blaming the coaches, MMA, money,rules,etc.. I told a lot of people Metcalf wasn't going to place because his style. The Europeans weren't going to fall for that keep pushing and attacking and the guy will break down. This shit wasn't going to work.

At the end of the day Free is just more removed from Folk than it used to be.

The pushout rule had a much bigger effect than people realize. Watch college matches and tell me how many guys wrestle on the edge of the mat playing that game.

These rules really emphasize hand fighting more than we do on the college level. I also think cardio is not as big of a factor as it was in the 90's.

As dissapointing as this Worlds was for the US I though a lot fo our guys were doing well leading up to Worlds. Lets remember that we only had 2 wrestlers that have been to a World level event Herbert and Zadick and this Herberts 1st full year in Freestyle.

Metcalf and Blanc are just starting to train full time and this was the first appearance for Bergman, Sigman and Paulson.

Hopefully they all learn from this and see where they need to be physically and mentally.

+1 on the push out rule and another for hand fighting.

high hopes for Obe Blanc as well....

+1 on the push out rule and another for hand fighting.

high hopes for Obe Blanc as well....

He looked good and he has Escobedo pushing him along with Long and McDonough (if he stays at that weight) coming up.

Howe, Varner, Dlagnev, Caldwell, Bunch, Borroughs, Bradley etc... there is a lot of young talent that can be developed

Back