Freestyle and Greco World Championships coming up!!

When does the freestyle start thursday? It looks like somehow russia is gonna take the team greco, call me bias but I don't understand how 1 gold and 2 bronze can be over 2 golds from Iran.

When does the freestyle start thursday? It looks like somehow russia is gonna take the team greco, call me bias but I don't understand how 1 gold and 2 bronze can be over 2 golds from Iran.

I havent' followe the brackets to closely but isn't it like NCAA's every match counts?

THe US won world a couple of years back and Lester may have been the only medalist, but everyone else had a solid tourney winning a good amount of matches.

Depth wins championships

1 weight class is still left. And it's that same fila formula that won the USA the team title in 2007.

Jake fisher and two womens weight classes are on tap for tomorrow.

I really hope we a get medal tomorrow.

Greco didn't go well but I got high hopes for our Freestlye team.

Zadick and Herbert have done it before and Herbert has the talent to win it all.

I never know with Zadick but He looked great at the qualifier.

I really wish Escobedo was hear over Blanc, I don't want to take anything away from Blanc but Escobedo was green in Free going inot Nationals and the qualifier and has had a strong summer since then.

Sigman has a very good shot at medaling and I believe Dlagnev has been with him a lot this summer drilling and going live (which is fucking awesome that the team came before either guy wanting to not show thier rival to much).

I really think Bergman has the talent to medal but that division is sooo tough. He will have ot be on his A game every match.

Paulson has looked good I just don't see him medaling, not enough offense. relies to much on the ball grab.

I think Metcalf has a future because of his weightclass but I would be very pleasantly surprised if he made it to the podium on his first world team.

No I don't think so, I only ever post here about good grappling, in this thread all I wanted to talk about was the wrestling giving updates on matches as a lot of americans would most likely be a sleep or just getting up and wanted updates on the action, as an Iranian in the Uk I support them, and was giving my respects for a stunning first day, but you came in on your high islamic horse taking the piss of a minor typo, when it really wasn't necessary at all, I can't stand muslims like that.
Rant over this thread is about the best wrestling in the world.

Wow, please know what your talking about before you quote me, the r is not a typo its the way they say it in the uk sometimes. Its basically an inside joke.

Wow, please know what your talking about before you quote me, the r is not a typo its the way they say it in the uk sometimes. Its basically an inside joke.

Nothing to do with your last post but are you going to NCAA's at the Wachovia this year?

Greco didn't go well but I got high hopes for our Freestlye team.

Zadick and Herbert have done it before and Herbert has the talent to win it all.

I never know with Zadick but He looked great at the qualifier.

I really wish Escobedo was hear over Blanc, I don't want to take anything away from Blanc but Escobedo was green in Free going inot Nationals and the qualifier and has had a strong summer since then.

Sigman has a very good shot at medaling and I believe Dlagnev has been with him a lot this summer drilling and going live (which is fucking awesome that the team came before either guy wanting to not show thier rival to much).

I really think Bergman has the talent to medal but that division is sooo tough. He will have ot be on his A game every match.

Paulson has looked good I just don't see him medaling, not enough offense. relies to much on the ball grab.

I think Metcalf has a future because of his weightclass but I would be very pleasantly surprised if he made it to the podium on his first world team.

I thought both Ruiz and Byers would place.

Agree with you Escobedo. Didn't Esco beat Blanc at that Iran tournament?

I know guys in Russia were surprised Bunch didn't make the team.

I know 96kg is very tough but for some reason I think Varner would do much better than Bergman. Might just be me being a little bias because he's from Cali :)

I haven't really watched Sigmans matches.

Agree with you on Paulson. I thought Howe was going to be the guy in this weight class.

I don't think Metcalf will medal this year, IDK for some reason never liked the guy. Wished someone like Caldwell made the team instead.

Nothing to do with your last post but are you going to NCAA's at the Wachovia this year?

May seem like a big step down but I'm going to watch my cousin win super sectionals in new york hopefully around that time.

I know 96kg is very tough but for some reason I think Varner would do much better than Bergman. Might just be me being a little bias because he's from Cali :)

Agree with you on Paulson. I thought Howe was going to be the guy in this weight class.

I don't think Metcalf will medal this year, IDK for some reason never liked the guy. Wished someone like Caldwell made the team instead.

I think sigman can be a world champion if he gets a decent draw and end up like mango with a world champion first round. Bunch is good and could be our main guy again at that weight in the future and maybe even medal. Zadick is very tricky to gauge however, if he's 100% on his game he can win a medal but their are times like in beijing where he looked undetermined and very flat.

Last edited:
The russian 74 kg greco is getting full on destroyed by the turk, pretty shocking. The american fisher lost in the first round.

I know 96kg is very tough but for some reason I think Varner would do much better than Bergman. Might just be me being a little bias because he's from Cali

I think he did beat him in Iran or somewhere after the qualifiers.

I hear what your saying with Varner, he did go 2-2 in his first worlds but again like Paulson he just doesn't have enough offense right now. I think Bergman could surprise some people.

Howe will be one day, that match was just a case of Paulson wanting it more IMO.

Only if Caldwell could stay off the roller blades he might of had that spot.

So is there anywhere to watch this? Highlights at least?

Well glad that Greco is over, ON TO FREESTYLE!!

Found out Taymazov is wrestling, would be nice to see a clash between Makov and him. Hope Herbert medals as well.

Well glad that Greco is over, ON TO FREESTYLE!!

Found out Taymazov is wrestling, would be nice to see a clash between Makov and him. Hope Herbert medals as well.

That will be a battle I'm a big believer in Makhov (don't get me worng I hope Sigman takes them all out) but I don't see a focused Makhov losing anytime soon.

Back