Freestyle and Greco World Championships coming up!!

We now have two medalist now. Pirozhkova takes 2nd, and Padilla taking 3rd.

well done to the american ladies, its a shame the Iranian government didn't treat women fairly and let them wrestle, their ridiculous regime puts a tarnish on Iranian wrestling. Start of the mens freestyle tomorrow let the games officially begin!

Tough draw for Obe Blanc, World Silver medalsit for his first match at his first worlds.

Tough draw for Obe Blanc, World Silver medalsit for his first match at his first worlds.

not the greatest draw but adversity makes champions. I remember back in the 95' worlds, my personal favorite greco wrestler, dennis hall had to beat 4 previous world/olympic champions in a row to win the world title. not the most ideal situation for any wrestler but what i'm saying is that it just takes heart and drive and obe has a shot at least. he just has to make it out of the first round because the first match is usually the hardest match for any wrestler.

Blanc beat the turk in the first round looked impressive and explosive in his shots, the korean looked good as well. Russian just outmuscled a bulgarian and rahimi from iran looked good against the georgian. Blanc now up against swiss, gutted for the UK krasatanov lost in the first round to a cuban, when he finished 5th last year.

Update: Blanc won comfortably against swiss not much of a suprise.

Last edited:
These rules are ridiculous wrestle hard then when your tied pick a doll out of a bag if blue give your leg to a world class wrestler, makes perfect sense, like in football it's 0-0 after 90mins, so put your hand in a bag if you pick the right colour you get a penalty to win the game, just nonsense, what stupid rules.

Tough one for Blanc. But a pretty nice showing for his first world competition. Hopefully him and Escobedo will push eachother to some world/olympic medals in the future.

Saori Yoshida now has ten world level golds in FS, equalling Medved.

iirc only Karelin has won more consecutive world championships than her.

damn i was training missed the matches, looks like amiri, young guy did a great job stepping in for yazdani(who was my pick to win 96) beat bergman made it to the semis lost to gatsalov no shame in that.

Damn Americans are getting worked. Really wanted Herbert to do well ;\

WTF, sahin(olympic champ) vs stadnik(olympic silver) in the first round then the winner faces taghavi(current world champ) in the second round, I sense crooked ass russians, pulling shit as usual.

Damn Americans are getting worked. Really wanted Herbert to do well ;\

Not a good showing at all, That Cuban worked over Herbert earlier in the year too.

Well I think Sigman is a our only hope but I'm praying that Metcalf and Paulson surprise me

Man I thought Herbert would medal. Tough first match and would of been a tough second match.

Kind of off topic, but does anyone know what Henry Cejudo is up to? For a while he said he was going to do boxing, then mma.

Back