Free advice from a cop to young black males on this site.

It's pretty laughable how certains group of people claim racism and brutality, yet they're the ones running away from cops, being idiots, acting like morons, etc. Just chill. Treat the popo like a human being, but don't give up your rights. You'll be fine in the end.

Pretty much. Don't get why this is so hard for some people to understand. Even better, treat everyone like they are humans and make the world a better place.

I'm not black. But yeah even I feel like you have to totally b#tch down to the police if you want to avoid an ass beating and jail time. If you offer even a little bit of criticism/lip I feel like you are asking to get your butt kicked.

Well said.

Black , white, yellow, or blue, young or old....good advice...

It is kinda like arguing a bad call with a heavily armed ref. In all the sports I've played I've never won those arguments. It's a frustrating fact of life.

I'm not black. But yeah even I feel like you have to totally b#tch down to the police if you want to avoid an ass beating and jail time. If you offer even a little bit of criticism/lip I feel like you are asking to get your butt kicked.

It's almost like dealing with gang members....

passing that knowledge good stuff OP

It can be a fine balancing act on both sides.

No one wants to be seen as weak, and unfortunately, I have found that in certain circles, kindness by a law enforcement officer is taken as weakness or na

Seems sensible. It seems like the hostility beetween the police and much of the populace in the US has reached a level where deescalation on both sides is badly needed.

nd to hit on all the "Unarmed" furor of late. We're all MMA fans. That's what initially brought us to Sherdog. I'll assume most of at least train and many have probably jumped in the cage or the ring.

I didn't expect this, but this is the weirdest assertion I've seen on Sherdog, including the "seven planes of existence"-thread. Most posters on Sherdog clearly don't train.

I have never once in my life seen a cop help a person. In my town, in the last three months members of the police force have been arrested for.

Statutory rape
Heroin
Buying coke while in uniform (that's a dumb drug dealer btw)
And the last inditement is still sealed, so god knows what he did.

Chief of police (who once stopped by a track party I was at as a kid, with a ton of underage kids drinking looking for his kid) still has his job. No real repercussions.

Cops in every town know where the drug dealers and criminals are, but instead of fighting crime, they give traffic tickets and try to be tough guys. So much for protect and serve.

People need to stop acting like assholes in general, cops and citizens alike. The issue isn't one way. Police often deal with scumbags and as a result start treating everyone like a scumbag which causes people to retaliate.

Yep. Some folks just have no idea how to act.

I have never once in my life seen a cop help a person. In my town, in the last three months members of the police force have been arrested for.

Statutory rape
Heroin
Buying coke while in uniform (that's a dumb drug dealer btw)
And the last inditement is still sealed, so god knows what he did.

Chief of police (who once stopped by a track party I was at as a kid, with a ton of underage kids drinking looking for his kid) still has his job. No real repercussions.

Cops in every town know where the drug dealers and criminals are, but instead of fighting crime, they give traffic tickets and try to be tough guys. So much for protect and serve.

Where do you live "Barter town?" Lol if you're a young in you won't get it rockatansky for life!

Respectability politics are so cute.

When Malcolm X and the NOI marched in suits and called for black self defense, they were defined as terrorists.

When MLK marched in his sunday best and called for equality for all, he was defined as a rabble rouser.

The problem with respectability politics is that it's a facade to make white people feel nice. As long as you keep trying to reach that golden standard, you're one of the "good ones". Straighten your hair, bleach your skin, put on a suit, and enunciate every single word of the queen's english.

Good job, you've advanced from the marginal category of "that ******" to "that ****** in the suit". Respectability politics have been around for a long ass time, this is the same song and dance. Meanwhile, the same old racist system keeps on spinning.

You want my respect officer? How about you show some respect for your profession and arrest the cops that give you a bad reputation. Let's start with the ones with the right to kill people for whatever reason they make up. Show me that you DESERVE my respect and not my contempt. Show me that I have a reason to trust you and maybe I will. Until cops take measures to mend their image in the eyes of the communities they currently are garrisoned in, then they will NEVER have the respect and submissiveness that they so adamantly demand. No amount of suiting up is going to stop some dipshit with a badge from taking a shot and lying about it.

It can be a fine balancing act on both sides.

No one wants to be seen as weak, and unfortunately, I have found that in certain circles, kindness by a law enforcement officer is taken as weakness or na

Respectability politics are so cute.

When Malcolm X and the NOI marched in suits and called for black self defense, they were defined as terrorists.

When MLK marched in his sunday best and called for equality for all, he was defined as a rabble rouser.

The problem with respectability politics is that it's a facade to make white people feel nice. As long as you keep trying to reach that golden standard, you're one of the "good ones". Straighten your hair, bleach your skin, put on a suit, and enunciate every single word of the queen's english.

Good job, you've advanced from the marginal category of "that ******" to "that ****** in the suit". Respectability politics have been around for a long ass time, this is the same song and dance. Meanwhile, the same old racist system keeps on spinning.

You want my respect officer? How about you show some respect for your profession and arrest the cops that give you a bad reputation. Let's start with the ones with the right to kill people for whatever reason they make up. Show me that you DESERVE my respect and not my contempt. Show me that I have a reason to trust you and maybe I will. Until cops take measures to mend their image in the eyes of the communities they currently are garrisoned in, then they will NEVER have the respect and submissiveness that they so adanantly demand. No amount of suiting up is going to stop some dipshit with a badge from taking a shot and lying about it.

From my experience working with black people, they hate authority. It's not a color thing, I've seen ghetto Mexicans/whites do it as well.
That's why so many black people get shot at, no respect for law enforcement whatsoever.
You are the same type of black person Ive worked with, entitled, thinking we all owe you respect but not willing to give it back.
Cops don't need to show you anything, that's your first issue. Cops don't owe you anything nor are they there to show you respect.
It's the hood mentality of "respect me, yo" that is pulling the ghetto crowd down.

Cops don't need to show you anything, that's your first issue. Cops don't owe you anything nor are they there to show you respect.

well why do you need to show cops respect if they don't show any?

just because they've got a badge doesn't make them better than anyone else, most times they are hypocrites anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back