Television Frasier TV Series

I'm guessing Seinfeld didn't catch on so much in the UK...?

Just curious. Cause that's my #1 GOAT comedy series. Of those big 3 90s NBC sitcoms- Seinfeld, Frasier, Friends- I'd put the first two on a tier above Friends. I like Friends a good bit but I feel it does not have the legendary quality those others two do.

Very interesting point about Frasier being more like a UK series.

Again I think Friends is more something apart from most sitcoms, its the TV equivalent of comfort food.

Seinfeld was handicapped a bit by a later TV slot on the BBC, it did became reasonably popular but was always a bit more cultish than Fraiser which was probably in the mid/late 90's the sitcom with the most combined acclaim/popularity in the UK, British or American, maybe One Foot in the Grave coming close?

I think Seinfeld was more the opposite of Frasier in that it felt like the most American sitcom possible, the whole "show about nothing" idea is the very opposite of classic UK sitcoms were the concept is generally so central and instead is basically a show about pure writing/performance talent.

yea I rmr when it would be on late night with Seinfeld I would watch it, was ok

but Im much happier them giving both 2300 and 2330 slot to seinfeld

I'm guessing Seinfeld didn't catch on so much in the UK...?

Just curious. Cause that's my #1 GOAT comedy series. Of those big 3 90s NBC sitcoms- Seinfeld, Frasier, Friends- I'd put the first two on a tier above Friends. I like Friends a good bit but I feel it does not have the legendary quality those others two do.

Very interesting point about Frasier being more like a UK series.
I never "got" Seinfeld and absolutely hate Friends. I got hooked on Frasier watching reruns on UPN circa 99/2000.

All time favorite scene is probably when Niles got the fake gun.

Daphne laughing at him
The gun going off because Niles
Sleep-deprived Frasier running into the room asking what the hell just happened
"Oh it's just a starter pistol, Frasier. No reason to be snippy."
"Oh I'm sorry? Was I being snippy? I didn't know it was asking too much that there not be GUNPLAY IN MY LIVING ROOM."

Was it made on film or tape

If it was done on film they can resurrect it in 4k

I just know the revival is gonna SUCK! To quote Jean-Luc Picard, let the past remain the past.

My favorite episodes were the Xmas ones where Frasier ends up in the diner and Niles moves into the Shangri La apartment after his divorce. I think the series went downhill after the dad hooked up with that annoying old bag.

My favorite episodes were the Xmas ones where Frasier ends up in the diner and Niles moves into the Shangri La apartment after his divorce. I think the series went downhill after the dad hooked up with that annoying old bag.

Shangri La storyline was absolutely hilarious.

Frasier, I want to go home.

Niles, look around you...this IS home.

Hilarious that a recurring theme is these posh, highly educated, refined doctors always end up looking like goobers when they fail on their plans.

Their restaurant
All their dinner parties
When they win a dinner with the physicists
When they start a joint practice
When they sell black market cavier
Etc

Love Niles reaction when marty says that it's kind of places

haha Niles is trying to keep a brave face and make it likes he's acclimating until Marty legitimately does like it/describe it as his type of place and it's just too much for him.

I also liked subsequent episodes whenever Niles' encounter with fellows Shangri La residents were described. Like when some of the guys from the building see him, Martin, Frasier at a pub and call him by his nickname, The Coyote.

It started as Niles. Then Niley. Then Niley Coyote. And now just The Coyote...

haha Niles is trying to keep a brave face and make it likes he's acclimating until Marty legitimately does like it/describe it as his type of place and it's just too much for him.

I also liked subsequent episodes whenever Niles' encounter with fellows Shangri La residents were described. Like when some of the guys from the building see him, Martin, Frasier at a pub and call him by his nickname, The Coyote.

It started as Niles. Then Niley. Then Niley Coyote. And now just The Coyote...

Hahah great episode.

@JudoThrowFiasco

Two episodes that prominently features Niles' home at The Montana are also among my favorites.

The one where he actually moves in there and gets his pet cockatoo, Baby, stuck to his head right before he throws a dinner party.

And the episode where he moves back in and they play Murder with the members of the board to try to buy time after they think the food they prepared was tainted.

Last edited:
I like the show . Watch it when I see it on . Niles was def my fav on the show . The play between him and daphne was good. Roz was a good character as well. actually they all were except maybe bulldog .

Also liked when Frasiers ex Lilith was on

Or when frasiers kid was on and niles was jealous he was flirty with daphne

@JudoThrowFiasco

Two episodes that prominently features Niles' home at The Montana are also among my favorites.

The one where he actually moves in there and gets his pet cockatoo, Baby, stuck to his head right before he throws a dinner party.

And the episode where he moves back in and they play Murder with the members of the board to try to by time after they think the food they prepared was tainted.

All the dinner party episodes are hilarious, as they all go to shit in ridiculous ways. But, yes, when baby gets stuck on Niles head due to the loud noise of the door buzzer is hilarious.

Also love when Niles buys the painting and invites people over to the Montana to view it. Meanwhile all the guests think Marty is the artist while, unbeknown to Niles, the real artist is upstairs banging Gertrude and they come crashing through the ceiling.

All the dinner party episodes are hilarious, as they all go to shit in ridiculous ways. But, yes, when baby gets stuck on Niles head due to the loud noise of the door buzzer is hilarious.

Also love when Niles buys the painting and invites people over to the Montana to view it. Meanwhile all the guests think Marty is the artist while, unbeknown to Niles, the real artist is upstairs banging Gertrude and they come crashing through the ceiling.

haha I love that episode. That's a later one, right?

You're right the dinner parties always went to shit. The one with the dead seal always bummed me out as that went particularly awful for Frasier and Niles.

I wanted to be the meat in their buns...
images

Hilarious that a recurring theme is these posh, highly educated, refined doctors always end up looking like goobers when they fail on their plans.

Their restaurant
All their dinner parties
When they win a dinner with the physicists
When they start a joint practice
When they sell black market cavier
Etc

Again I think why it always felt very "british" to me, the idea of having a lead character who is a bit arrogant with dreams of importance/success/class being brought down to earth is arguably THE classic british sitcom plot, Steptoe and Son, Dads Army, Rising Damp, Fawlty Towers, etc all the way up to stuff like Alan Partridge and The Office.

Last edited:
Back