Television Frasier TV Series

RowdyLesnar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have you guys watched Frasier sitcom? It was one of the big sitcom in the 90s. Thoughts?

Yes. It was funny.

Not everyone agrees, of course, but I thought it was great. Clever writing, funny supporting cast and if you enjoyed Grammer’s work on Cheers, his performance is basically a continuation of that (with some of his character’s tendencies amped for the purposes of his transitioning from member of ensemble cast to the star).

I used to think it was sort of on par with Cheers. Watching episodes of both recently, I don’t feel it’s quite on that level. Cheers just had a perfect balance with the large cast and stayed at such a high level over a decade long run.

But Frasier is very entertaining and one of my favorite sitcoms of the 90s.

Last edited:
Was one of my favorites. Still remember the passage he recites from Ulysses on his radio show sign off in the last episode.

The GOAT sitcom. It dipped in quality after Daphne and Niles finally hooked up but never got bad like most shows do.

I loved Frasier......on Cheers. The stand alone was ok once in a while, but I never bought Niles as being straight, and Frasier was better in smaller doses.

Always enjoyed this show when it was on. Intelligent and heartfelt comedy - also loved me Cheers back in the day.

I remember the dog was always funny and cute
giphy.gif

<Oku03>

Top 5 sitcom imho. Liked it better than cheers.

Top 5 sitcom imho. Liked it better than cheers.
Probably depends on if you grew up in the 80s or 90s. No one on Frasier annoyed the shit out of me like Diane on Cheers.

Brilliant show and have seen every episode
David Hyde Pierce is brilliant in it

Brilliant show and have seen every episode
David Hyde Pierce is brilliant in it
I love the various descriptions of Maris over the years.
"She once sprained her wrist from having too much cheese dip on her cracker."
"We had an argument at the ski resort and she stormed outside. I had a hard time following her since she leaves no footprints."
"Look closer. Is the hat rack moving?"

And Frasier putting the little hat on that skinny dog Niles got who acted just like her.

m3yjLxS.jpg

Whole history of human civilization in just over 10 seconds:

Back