FrankieNYC RIP

Just seeing this now, I should pay more attention to the sticky threads.

RIP Frankie.

Just seeing this now, I should pay more attention to the sticky threads.

RIP Frankie.

Ditto. Just take a look at the post I replied to below :

This was one of the last posts by him in the early hours

Frankienyc : "I'm done man
I need sleep
Had a bad afternoon so hope i can sleep awhile now"

Just looking at some of his other posts, he clearly had had some health issues.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

GODDAMMIT!!!

Rest In Peace, Sherbro.

Last edited:
I hope whomever was frankies friend will check out his posts and see how much he meant to us. Peace be with u brother

Haven't been on in awhile and this is the first thing I see. Wow.. He was a really nice person and genuine MMA enthusiast. I'll always cherish the small talk we had on here forever now

I missed this from before. RIP to a nice fella. Sucks to see this :(

RIP FrankieNYC

Him and I had a back and forth a few days ago but he was so cool to me unlike most Sherdog posters who are full of hate and anger who instantly insult you with cursing if they disagree with your opinion

Frankie was the opposite, a very respectful poster and if more Sherdoggers were like him, this place would be much more enjoyable

God Bless Frankie

I liked how he never reacted to the troll bait. He just blew it off.
What I am really surprised about is how many people he obviously talked to in private messages. Seems like a lot.
I saw this thread but didn't respond, then today I saw something on Twitter that I thought he would be perfect to ask some questions about and it hit me that I can no longer do that.
RIP

I liked how he never reacted to the troll bait. He just blew it off.
RIP
He was a better man than I’ll ever be in that respect. I’ll never fight another man’s battle in here but it always pissed me off when idiots would say stupid shit to and disrespect Frankie. I almost reacted on a few occasions. I’m going to try and be more like him from now on.

He was our PPV numbers/Meltzer guy.

Who will it be now?
Nobody,

A guy who did work like Frankie can't be replaced. He had a great passion for it.

Got to respect that, and to do it on Sherdog without resorting to being an asshole - that's tough.

This is literally making me sick. I just found out about another beloved poster on Bladeforums passing away as well.

Can't believe it! I've always had only pleasant exchanges with him. We've lost a really solid dude.

RIP.

I did not know Frankie at all, but seeing how many people did and liked him, I send my condolences to his family, friends, and sherbros. The loss of a loved one, if you knew them even a tiny bit is often difficult and have battled this before in my own life many times. I hope those in mourning will find peace. Friends and family alike, may he rest easy. I never knew him, but somewhere out there Im sure he appreciates this.

Don't post much but I remember liking him. He's up above now.

He was a better man than I’ll ever be in that respect. I’ll never fight another man’s battle in here but it always pissed me off when idiots would say stupid shit to and disrespect Frankie. I almost reacted on a few occasions. I’m going to try and be more like him from now on.

I did get into it once with someone over him. They backtracked pretty fast. Then there was another guy that would go and tag him all the time and say stuff. I asked Frankie what the story behind it was and he said that he didn't know and to let the guy post, because his issues were his and not ours. It is really true about feeding trolls.

Nobody,

A guy who did work like Frankie can't be replaced. He had a great passion for it.

Got to respect that, and to do it on Sherdog without resorting to being an asshole - that's tough.

I lurked around the time when UFC was sold. I wanted to see what pefelt. I saw him break down the sale and it seemed like he knew stuff, but I figured he was just talking out his ass like many others. Then all his info was proven true. So I signed up to follow him on here for business information. I don't think he knew how many people did, including people that report for a living.

Somewhere earlier ITT posters left all the Frankie av templates. If you guys liked Frankie and have no av or an av you don't care about, possibly consider switching to a Frankie av for a little while? If not that's fine too.

I think it would be neat to see how many posters we can get rocking Frankie avs around here.

I've been absent for awhile (health issues - ongoing), but saw this stickied. I just want to leave this note for Frankie:

Dear @FrankieNYC,

You were a rare voice of reason and calm in the raging turmoil that is The Heavies. The couple of times I interacted with you in various threads, it struck me that your kindness, reason and level-headed dialog was probably who you were in real life. It saddens me to now know that you are gone from this Earth, but I'm embracing the comfort that you aren't suffering anymore with your illness.
You touched many lives here at the Sherdog forums, mine included. Thank you for your lessons on being a better person when I post from now on. Rest well, Sherbro.

Peace & Love,
Jozo Sha

RIP Frankie. A sad loss for the Sherdog community.

Back