Frankie Edgar is pissed: "The 'C' In 'UFC' stands for Conor."

Wait so he's mad the Ufc said he turned down a fight that he in fact turned down?
I hope you are just playing dumb. You should clearly understand the way the UFC is attempting to spin it. Which is why they didn't say anything about Frankie being hurt.

GSP tore his groin in a fight and his corner said, HIT HIM WITH YOUR GROIN!

Don't pussy out Frankie, it doesn't look good on you. Just keep your mouth shut and heal up.

Dana threw Frankie under the bus by saying he refused the fight without mentioning the injury

Frankie is so butthurt. In my opinion honestly Max deserves shot at 145 title more than Frankie. Also Frankie should be fined for having dickhead manager.

Who has Holloway beaten to vault Edgar in terms of a TS????
I like Max btw but that is dumb. Also Edgar absolutely embarrasses Max Holloway in a fight.

Sherdog is full of idiots, half of the people didn't even read the full article. lol

he makes his own choices.

he is the one that stuck with the same manager as RDA when they were both wanting to fight conor, knowing full well that his manager would have to choose sides. that's not luck; that's stupidity
That was more likely a case of the UFC telling the manager that Conor's next fight would be @LW for various reasons. Once that was made clear then obviously its RDA's fight.

And, like others have pointed out, it sounds like Frankie is just pissed at his own situation, being injured when the opportunity arose. I have no doubt he would have taken the fight, even @155 if he were healthy.

It sounds like Frankie has a preexisting injury that the UFC already knew about and yet they approached him to fight Conor knowing he's injured?

There is a difference between refusing fight and being unable to accept it. A distinction the UFC clearly hopes is lost on some.

And he should stay quiet? What good has that ever done anyone in the UFC? And Tate coincidentally has her title shot now when the UFC was gearing up to fuck her but Ronda lost. This is a fan base that needs reminding and a company that will screw someone anytime they think there won't be public backlash.

Frankie needs to address attacks on his rep. Everyone knows what the UFC is going when Dana tweets shit like like all these managers call wanting to fight Conor but then when we give them the chance they don't want the fight.

And he should have kept his body healthy? Do you think he meant to tear his groin? I'm pretty surprised at this post from you.

I don't give any sympathy to Dos Anjos for improper training and hurting himself resulting in a refusal to fight. I don't see why I should have sympathy for Frankie doing the exact same thing.

At the end of the day if Frankie didn't injure himself he could have said "Yes, I will fight". But he injured himself and now he's dealing with the outcome of that.

Obviously he didn't mean to tear his groin. No one means to get injured. but it's still his responsibility to stay healthy if he wants to fight.

Maybe I'm just being too harsh on Frankie because it seems like this is all he wants to do lately - complain.

But you're right: Miesha's complaining landed herself a title shot. Maybe this is the best way for Frankie to get what he wants.

I feel like there are better ways that Frankie could handle his situation and the way he comes across now is juvenile. Dana is also a juvenile though so maybe it takes fighting fire with fire and a little shit slinging of your own to get what you want.

It sounds like Frankie has a preexisting injury that the UFC already knew about and yet they approached him to fight Conor knowing he's injured?
Just so they could make Frankie look bad by having to decline.

I recently tore my groin, I don't wish it on my enemy. Took about 3-4 months to fully heal

Edgar and Khabib may be the only 2 guys ready to fight at any time.

Sherdog is full of idiots, half of the people didn't even read the full article. lol
Yep. Frankie is actually quite reasonable about Conor saying if the reason Conor doesn't want the fight at 145 is the weight cut and he can't do it any more that he totally understands that and Conor needs to move up.

His main complaints (as far as the Conor comment) was he was already holding up two divisions and now this fight will be at 170

And the UFC specifically told Frankie they don't want him going to 155 but suddenly if they need a replacement fight it's fine. And he felt they only asked him and put it out there because they knew he was injured (and then left that part of the story out of it and even went the other way to make it look like he pussed out.)

Last edited:
Why is he complaining? He can't fight anyways so I don't see why he needs to make a scene right now.

So funny how many people commented without reading the article.

He has valid gripes about the UFC claiming he refused, the fact he was told they didn't want him to move up and down across weight classes and that he still wouldn't be guaranteed a fight even if accepted.

Obviously frustration has something to do with it but he has every reason to be mad the way this was positioned.

Back