Frank Mir vs. Daniel Cormier POLL

DC should win, but I still wouldn't be shocked to see Mir pull off a sneaky sub.

I think Mir actually has a decent chance in this one, I'm obviously in the minority though.

I think Cormier proved he can beat Mir when he beat Barnett. But he still has to be careful and not get caught.

So many threads about who wins this fight..

Real simple, Mir is Barnett with better striking ability!

Mir will not take Cormier down, leaving it a stand-up fight. I believe Cormier will take him standing.

Cormier with the TKO. Possibly wins by decision!

People are swinging on DC's nutsack. The guy is good but I think he's overhyped and if he tries to stand and bang with Mir, he's going to get put down. Frank Mir by surprise KO/TKO like he did against Big Nog the first time.

I'm picking Cormier to win this fight but I don't know if it'll be a TKO/KO stoppage win or a decision win, either way I voted for a decision.

I will always be for Mir, but honestly, what happens when people doubt Mir.

Everyone said Mir would get destroyed by Nog in their first fight and he becomes the first person ever finish him, Knocked him down with to left hands( I think they were ducking hooks) then GnP's him brutally. If you Nog fans wanna bring up the flu thing, calling the fight a fluke. He then fights him again, this time breaking his arm.

Everyone said the in Kongo fight that he was going to get Ko'd and wouldn't be able to take him down. The complete opposite happened, he dropped Kongo with a devastating overhand then chokes him out with a Half-Guard Guillotine.

WARMIR

Mir is going to get toasted like breakfast bread.

i like mir, but as many have said.. cormier by ko/tko

I think Mir may get the upset by submission. Wouldn't be surprised if Cormier won via TKO. Would be surprised if this fight actually goes to decision.

I will always be for Mir, but honestly, what happens when people doubt Mir.

Everyone said Mir would get destroyed by Nog in their first fight and he becomes the first person ever finish him, Knocked him down with to left hands( I think they were ducking hooks) then GnP's him brutally. If you Nog fans wanna bring up the flu thing, calling the fight a fluke. He then fights him again, this time breaking his arm.

Everyone said the in Kongo fight that he was going to get Ko'd and wouldn't be able to take him down. The complete opposite happened, he dropped Kongo with a devastating overhand then chokes him out with a Half-Guard Guillotine.

WARMIR

Mir was favored against Kongo.

Also, Nog/Mir II made it pretty clear that something wasn't right with Nog in the first fight. Based on both of their histories, Nog was expected to be the better striker in the first fight, but he looked completely helpless standing. In the second fight, he was easily outstriking Mir. No one has ever doubted Mir's ability to finish a sub.

Still aboard the Mir train.

I'd like to see him have a Kongo-like performance against DC, smack him, slap on a sub.

Back