Frank Mir shuts down WWE haters: You know Bruce Lee didn’t do any real fights, right?

Mid to late 90s wwe was actually quite entertaining. I agree it's stupid now but mostly cause it's just a very stale business now. I still respect the industry and the workers though.
Times are changing.

WWE sucks for WAY more reasons than that it is fake. Holy fuck --just watch 5 minutes of it and ask yourself how debased and ignorant you have to be to consider it entertainment at all.......

WWE is worse trash than Jerry Springer and daytime soap operas......
You that mad Brock beat hunt huh

Mid to late 90s wwe was actually quite entertaining. I agree it's stupid now but mostly cause it's just a very stale business now. I still respect the industry and the workers though.

Well said. I can watch the stuff from the 90s over and over but I can’t stand the present day WWE.

Imagine the angle though, Brock is the current universal champion in wwe, set to defend at wrestlemania. Middle of his title defense mir jumps the barricade, chokes lesnar out when the ref is out or not paying attention for his opponent to pick up the win and strap. Blood feud is set. Then just market mirs bone snapping ability as a legit threat and voila you got a ppv headliner. Highly doubt they'd put Mir over in the actual match, but he'd make some dolla bills.

<VinceShock>

<VinceCa$h>

Bruce was a teacher and had major influence on the western world adopting eastern philosophy and martial arts. That is way more important to martial arts culture and worthy of respect than being a cage fighter.

Yes, and has an evolutionary effect that IMO contributed to modern MMA

Lack of videos of Bruce fighting has more to do with others not agreeing to be video taped. I won't go any further because most here are clearly biased so I won't waste my time

“You can still git hert so that meenz it’s reel!!!”
Frank Mir is obviously being disingenuous or he’s an idiot. I hope it’s the former.

The problem, TS, is that WWE bullshit DOES cheapen the sport because people like Dana White allow this crossover to occur. But more importantly they fast track these monkeys to title shots or ignore their drug use, rather than treating them like actual fighters they are cradled and paid more than the actual fighters. Because they’re actors.
This cheapens the sport. If WWE actors want to grease up and roll around for a million slack-jawed dipshits that’s ok by me but to pretend like it is not harmful to pander to the lowest common denominator and treat people who have little to no business in the cage differently than actual fighters meets the clinical criteria for retardation.
ANYTHING other than merit fights cheapens the sport.

It might be dangerous, but it is still an stupid form of entertainment.

Bruce fought all the time in what people call smokers. Just because it's not on TV, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Talk to people that actually knew him.
wow thats cool, I didnt know that. I knew he sparred but I didn't know he did smokers.

You could swap the name Bruce Lee with 'me in Bellator'...

Literally,
Read it again and swap the two

Well it’s true, plenty of competitions going on during Bruce’s time and he never stepped up.

That Bruce Lee comparison should be offensive for WWE guys. At least some of them were legit freestyle/college wrestlers.

wow thats cool, I didnt know that. I knew he sparred but I didn't know he did smokers.

Yeah, I had a Kung Fu teacher in the 90's that was Bruce's age and hung with him and he said he was always fighting and a huge pain in the ass.

Bruce Lee didn't spend a huge amount of the time with a microphone in his hand going on and on and on and on and on with childish storylines like the WWE wrestlers do. Just like in that South Park 'Wrasslin' episode portrayed, the time on the mic is more important than in the ring fighting, mic time is Wrasslin' time.

If he didn't have any real fights so what, i don't see what the big deal is?
His wife says he got into many real fights and she has always appeared to me to be very honest.

Back