Frank Mir shuts down WWE haters: You know Bruce Lee didn’t do any real fights, right?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight champion Frank Mir, who continued his mixed martial arts (MMA) career with Bellator MMA, is making his professional wrestling debut under Josh Barnett’s “Bloodsport” banner on April 4 in New Jersey.

Not surprisingly, a large contingent of combat sports fans threw shade at Mir for his decision to participate in “fake” fighting. Perhaps in their minds, the existence of pro wrestling somehow cheapens the “real” competitive aspect of cage fighting.

“I hate when they’re like, ‘Oh, it’s fake,’” Mir told MMA Fighting. “Okay, hold on a second. You sit there and clamor about Bruce Lee. You know Bruce Lee didn’t do any real fights, right? That was all choreographed. But there was still danger. Guys still went to the hospital. Same thing. I’ve watched guys in pro wrestling actually die. It’s very dangerous. It’s very injury heavy. So anytime somebody says ‘that’s fake,’ I always laugh. That’s laughable. You couldn’t even begin to do what they’re doing. Extremely strenuous, on the fly, working with another human component, while there’s a crowd watching.”

In addition, Mir turns 40 in May and the window to his MMA career is rapidly closing. Perhaps a foray into the pro wrestling world can eventually lead to his oft-teased Brock Lesnar trilogy inside the squared circle.

“I’m not opposed to it, man,” Mir said. “I actually like it. I always wanted a third one. And however, wherever it could take place.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Frank posturing for a phone call from WWE confirmed

<VinceCa$h>

So CM Punk was a legit champion confirmed.

He’s right
Bruce Lee is combat sports biggest fraud
People think he can fight MMA fighters
There is literally zero evidence the guy could fight
Inb4 sparring footage with Japanese bum

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight champion Frank Mir, who continued his mixed martial arts (MMA) career with Bellator MMA, is making his professional wrestling debut under Josh Barnett’s “Bloodsport” banner on April 4 in New Jersey.

Not surprisingly, a large contingent of combat sports fans threw shade at Mir for his decision to participate in “fake” fighting. Perhaps in their minds, the existence of pro wrestling somehow cheapens the “real” competitive aspect of cage fighting.

“I hate when they’re like, ‘Oh, it’s fake,’” Mir told MMA Fighting. “Okay, hold on a second. You sit there and clamor about Bruce Lee. You know Bruce Lee didn’t do any real fights, right? That was all choreographed. But there was still danger. Guys still went to the hospital. Same thing. I’ve watched guys in pro wrestling actually die. It’s very dangerous. It’s very injury heavy. So anytime somebody says ‘that’s fake,’ I always laugh. That’s laughable. You couldn’t even begin to do what they’re doing. Extremely strenuous, on the fly, working with another human component, while there’s a crowd watching.”

In addition, Mir turns 40 in May and the window to his MMA career is rapidly closing. Perhaps a foray into the pro wrestling world can eventually lead to his oft-teased Brock Lesnar trilogy inside the squared circle.

“I’m not opposed to it, man,” Mir said. “I actually like it. I always wanted a third one. And however, wherever it could take place.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

WWE sucks for WAY more reasons than that it is fake. Holy fuck --just watch 5 minutes of it and ask yourself how debased and ignorant you have to be to consider it entertainment at all.......

WWE is worse trash than Jerry Springer and daytime soap operas......

"working with another human component" lol

Will he wow us with sequences and techniques that we can't even comprehend?!

WWE sucks for WAY more reasons than that it is fake. Holy fuck --just watch 5 minutes of it and ask yourself how debased and ignorant you have to be to consider it entertainment at all.......

WWE is worse trash than Jerry Springer and daytime soap operas......

I dont hate it cuz it's fake, I hate it bc its weird.

Last edited:
An ass kicking from a roided Brock will change a man's mind.

I enjoy mma but i have always found it weird that people knock wrestling considering the two are so similar

Here's frank Mir helping someone teach the spinning backfist.

Mid to late 90s wwe was actually quite entertaining. I agree it's stupid now but mostly cause it's just a very stale business now. I still respect the industry and the workers though.

He’s right
Bruce Lee is combat sports biggest fraud
People think he can fight MMA fighters
There is literally zero evidence the guy could fight
Inb4 sparring footage with Japanese bum

Bruce lee is a martial arts legend. Not a combat sports legend.

I didn't know Josh Barnett got into business with himself. That's pretty awesome actually.
Even if I don't give a damn about pro-wrestling, I hope this Bloodsport thing works out for him.

Plenty of witness evidence that he was a monster in real life street fights.

Did he shut down WWE haterz or did he shut down Bruce Lee fanboiz?

<TheWire1>

Would have to agree. It would be like gym douchebags worshipping John Cena as a real MMA fighter in 30-40 years.

Last edited:
Back