Frank Mir "Cain Velasquez showed that Junior Dos Santos has no ground defense"

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

The Frank Mir putting on his analyst cap and stating that he feels that cain showed that JDS had no ground game. Pretty sure some JDS fans could counter and say that he was about to counter mir's game. though I felt cain should of subbed him when he had that arm bar.

Cain was just beating him up with strikes at every opportunity. I don't think anyone would have been able to show decent ground defense against Cain that night.

Brock Lesnar showed us that Frank Mir has no ground defense. Junior Dos Santos showed us that Frank Mir has no striking defense. Brian Bowles showed us that Frank Mir has no voice after the Miguel Torres fight.

end thread

The Frank Mir putting on his analyst cap and stating that he feels that cain showed that JDS had no ground game. Pretty sure some JDS fans could counter and say that he was about to counter mir's game. though I felt cain should of subbed him when he had that arm bar.

So how garbage does that make you then Mur? This guy tries to intellectually walk around shit when he's really not smart.

If only Mir could have found that out during that whole fight debacle he had with JDS

Brock Lesnar showed us that Frank Mir has no ground defense. Junior Dos Santos showed us that Frank Mir has no striking defense. Brian Bowles showed us that Frank Mir has no voice after the Miguel Torres fight.

lolololololol.

his ground defense looked pretty good in the mir v dos santos fight.

Mir is right on target. Cant hate on him for what he saw from a BJJ grappling perspective. Junior looked lost on the ground as was expected.

I'm a JDS fan, but how do you really dispute that the Cain fight did expose something of Junior's ground game? You can sit there and laugh at Mir, saying he couldn't find that out or saying that JDS showed that Mir has no stand up defense, but it doesn't take away from what the Cain fight showed us.

Cain will do that to a lot of guys, so I'm not ready to call Junior a fish out of water on the ground. He is supposed to be a black belt in BJJ from the Nogueira brothers, we definitely didn't see a black belt on the ground in that fight. I wouldn't say he has no ground defense, but I will side with Mir on the fact that the Cain fight did show us something about Junior's ground game.

I'm a JDS fan, but how do you really dispute that the Cain fight did expose something of Junior's ground game? You can sit there and laugh at Mir, saying he couldn't find that out or saying that JDS showed that Mir has no stand up defense, but it doesn't take away from what the Cain fight showed us.

Cain will do that to a lot of guys, so I'm not ready to call Junior a fish out of water on the ground. He is supposed to be a black belt in BJJ from the Nogueira brothers, we definitely didn't see a black belt on the ground in that fight. I wouldn't say he has no ground defense, but I will side with Mir on the fact that the Cain fight did show us something about Junior's ground game.

When you're being pressured to that extent, hit consistently, have already been rocked and your wits aren't with you after being rocked, it's hard to demonstrate much of anything, whether it be a 'ground game' like Mir said, or composure enough to utilize it.

That seriously made me lol.

Anyways, Mir has been running his mouth a lot lately for someone who got tooled in his last fight.

When you're being pressured to that extent, hit consistently, have already been rocked and your wits aren't with you after being rocked, it's hard to demonstrate much of anything, whether it be a 'ground game' like Mir said, or composure enough to utilize it.

Like I said, it told us something about his ground game. I will reserve judgement on what exactly that was until the next time Junior is on the ground.

wow, Mir is pathetic. looks like he already forgot the smashing he recieved from Dos Santos.

Poor Frank,he hasn't been the same since Wes Sims stomped on him.

Frank has no defence (for that hair style) :icon_lol:

Back