Frank Mir "Cain Velasquez showed that Junior Dos Santos has no ground defense"

and JDS showed us that Frank Mir is irrelevant in the heavyweight division.

Ssshhhhh Mir you Hellboy looking mutha fucka!

Brock Lesnar showed us that Frank Mir has no ground defense. Junior Dos Santos showed us that Frank Mir has no striking defense. Brian Bowles showed us that Frank Mir has no voice after the Miguel Torres fight.

read nothing else after

close thread

God bless Mir, he says what people are thinking but dont want to say.

The dude is a gem, I think those who know better realize there is some truth to Mir's assessment.

Mir would have been TKO'd in R1 if he took the same punch that JDS did.

I like Mir. One of my favorite fighters ever, but it's a stupid statement on his part. JDS had no game, either standup or ground, because he took a vicious punch that dropped him, and then took 7 more sledgehammers while trying to get back up. (Mir would have been finished a couple of hammerfists in).

God bless Mir, he says what people are thinking but dont want to say.

The dude is a gem, I think those who know better realize there is some truth to Mir's assessment.

except nobody was really thinking that...if anything, most people are recalling JDS knocking Mir clear the fuck out when they hear Mir mention the name JDS

Jeez give Mir a break (ha! pun!). All he really said was if he was where Cain was in the fight he saw areas he could of finished. He never said he could get him there. Mir gets a lot of hate on here.

It was never a stretch to think that the best place for many people (especially someone like Mir) to beat JDS is on the ground.

The problem is getting and keeping JDS there, unless you're as well rounded as Cain.

You dont have to keep JDS there. Cain proved that.

You dont have to keep JDS there. Cain proved that.

I agree, Cain beat JDS on the feet for most of the fight, just the attempt of the takedown and the constant pressure took JDS out of it.

Lets hope JDS fixes his adjustment issues or works on his entire game.

JDS and Carwin showed that Mir has no punch defense...

Cain hurt Dos Santos early with a big shot and kept up the pressure to make sure he never recovered. To say he has "no ground defense" is pretty ridiculous. JDS embarrassed Mir in their title fight so I'm not surprised to see him make these statements, he doesn't want this fight again by any means

Don't feel like watching but based on that one piece of analysis, how did he get that from the fight? I don't understand lol JDS did a very good job getting back to his feet. He was getting his ass kicked everywhere by a very active fighter. His ground game wasn't the issue at all..

too bad brawk couldn't tolerate his diverticulitis for a wee bit. all he'd have to do in his original fight is get jds down and he'd be champeen 2 times 2times 2times 2 times

and its a shame frank didn't pass this along to lesnar back then, could've made a big difference and maybe set up their trilogy.
thanks frankie

lolol

I guess if you lose a fight to someone you're never allowed to mention that persons name, even objectively, ever again.

Mir gave good insights, never once made an excuse, and gave JDS much praise. A mic was put in his face, and specific questions about JDS were posed to him. By everyone's reaction here, you'd assume that Mir just called a press conference to insult JDS and demand a rematch. Mir always shows respect to the people he loses to. This was no different, and it was a great interview overall.

frank makes good points, but cain really isint a submission minded fighter hes more aggressive thrown punches beat you up type.

Brock Lesnar showed us that Frank Mir has no ground defense. Junior Dos Santos showed us that Frank Mir has no striking defense. Brian Bowles showed us that Frank Mir has no voice after the Miguel Torres fight.

Hispanic-Clap-1.gif

Mir couldn't get the fight to the ground to exploit this "weakness". As soon as he knew it was a standup fight, he should have just played dead.

/thread on first fucking post

Mir being critical of JDS' performance is laughable. This is coming from the guy who lost to Brock fucking Lesnar

Back