News Francis Ngannou vs. Anthony Joshua 100% Confirmed by Eddie Hearn, March 8th, Saudi Arabia

Francis Ngannou vs. Anthony Joshua - Who wins this boxing fight?

• Total voters
He probably should've thrown more than 6 punches then instead of literally losing the fight because of his low output in the later rounds.
Well yes. That was exactly what he said. Implying has a lot more to give in his next fight.

Joshua cannot handle inside fighting, he got pieced up in the first Ruiz fight and barely scraped by a super fat Ruiz in the 2nd just by jabbing the lesser reach, out of shape fighter. His technical skills got exposed by usyk as overrated.

Joshua will be coming in at a slight reach and weight disadvantage and he crumbles when he can't play his jab game.

Ngannou can have the same game plan as he did against Fury here. Ring bully until he gets his opening. Out of the three big fights(Fury, wilder, AJ), AJ has the weakest chin. AJ is a frontrunner fighter and I think one hit from Ngannou will be enough to break his spirit.

well said. glad to see someone having a true good and objective analysis. AJ's defense and chin are his weakest point, once he gets hit hard he tends to crumble and loses his composure...
The idea of Ngannou getting the ko is not that crazy

Remind me again when Jon was supposed to fight Francis when Jon vacated his belt in August 2020?

Was it :

- when Francis still hadn't won the belt as Stipe was still champion for another 6 months?
- when Francis was refusing to defend his belt so the UFC had to create an interim champ only 3 months into his reign?
- when Francis now had to defend against said interim champion?
Yeah.... because you know, it's totally normal and routine to make an interim title if the champ takes more than 4 months to defend. Totally.
Knowing that:
-Ngannou had to leave the US for visa renewal, with long delays because of the covid situation
- Ngannou told them he was available to defend in September but they still made the interim in August
- Once they had this pointless interim made, they had to wait for Gane to take some to time off

I'll tell precisely when Jones was supposed to take that fight: March 31st 2021

Yes a huge gamble of these highly predictable fights that many said he would get when he said was leaving. <DisgustingHHH>

The only fight on the table was Tyson Fury and that was nowhere near a guarantee. The guy is unstable. Ngannou was out there begging for someone to say his name for a few months before the Saudis popped up with unlimited money. Again, no one saw that coming. They are happy to lose $100m per event. If that fight had happened in the US or UK, Ngannou would have walked away with very little. The PPV absolutely bombed. After that, who would want to fight him?

Ngannou is only getting paid because of the Saudis. Cope all you want.

I'm so happy I blocked Mark a long time ago. The dudes a fucking retard.

Mega retard.

Honestly Sherdog is 90% trash, 5% entertaining trolls and 5% good posters.

Conversations with him are just pointless. I mean, not Orca worthless, but nearly as bad

Orca is one of the absolutely dumbest posters here. Nothing funnier than him worming around trying to justifying his favorite fighters being juice heads.

Mega retard.

Honestly Sherdog is 90% trash, 5% entertaining trolls and 5% good posters.

Orca is one of the absolutely dumbest posters here. Nothing funnier than him worming around trying to justifying his favorite fighters being juice heads.
Mark's a brick wall that at least can put a comprehensible wall of text together. I'm pretty sure if Orca ever tried to type the same amount, his brain would start bleeding.

They're like the difference between not understanding what you just said, vs  misunderstanding everything you just said

Reactions: TR1
The biggest problem with the long term contracts with the the UFC is the fact it is entirely one-sided in favour of the organization, and the fighter who gets locked in really has no way to protect himself. The fighters only think they have job security because they signed a 6 fight deal (as an example). The UFC's contracts are specifically written to to protect the organization (which is completely understandable on their behalf) and the fighter can be let go at any time for any reason they feel is necessary, but the fighter has no power to hold the UFC to fulfill the contract or ensure he gets compensated upon being released if he puts in what the UFC considers a sub-par perfomance (for whatever reason).

If the UFC had to fulfill a contract or pay the fighter out, okay, then a long-term deal makes sense on the part of the fighter and I 100% agree with you. But I have never once heard of that happening. The UFC contracts are not like that. Essentially, the fighters are trading away their freedom and limiting their abilities to earn, for hope and a prayer the UFC treats them like Conor and not Jon Fitch.

Well that essentially works like any job. People have to perform to keep their job. But I think it's better for fighters to have a 6 fight contract, knowing that if they perform they have guaranteed pay and security. As opposed to negotiating fight by fight. I think in that scenario fighters lose a lot of security in a few ways. One, it opens up for the promotion to low ball them even more. Two, if fighters take fights in other promotions it lessens their advancement in the other promotion they've fought for. So if someone fights in the UFC and goes 3-1, and then negotiates a fight in ONE FC, they lose their chance in the UFC.

Overall, a system of having freedom like that would never work. Its not good for the promotion by any means and it really wouldn't benefits the fighters.

Well no, Francis was still injured and wasn't available to fight in 2022. Again, he didn't have anything to negotiate, which is why he was meeting with bellator, bkfc, and PFL while Fury was negotiating with Usyk, and the first 2 said he wanted too much money and they couldn't sign him without losing money, while PFL did sign him and didn't get 1 fight out of him. He didn't have a fight with Fury, and only got it several months after signing with PFL, over half a year after his sunset clause ended, because negotiations with Usyk were at a stand still and he wanted to pressure him into taking a smaller cut by signing another fight.

The UFC did spend money to co promote McGregor/Mayweather, and it was worth it for them because the event revenue was like $360 million for ppvs and another $60 million for ticket sales, while Fury/Ngannou was like $850,000 in ppvs, and probably lost money on ticket sales after comp tickets and paying celebrities to be there, and were on the hook for probably $70 million in fighter purses. They needed almost a million ppv buys just to break even on fighter purses, and landed just a little shy of that with 10,000 lol. It also was about 2 years for Conor to come back to the UFC, and now he hardly ever fights and loses when he does.

But let's just pretend what you say is true and go through how much money you think the UFC lost by not meeting Francis' demands. They already contractually couldn't do it because they have exclusive sponsors for events that they can't just tear up, but putting that aside, his coach said he wanted the $8 million to fight Jones, but didn't want to risk losing to Jones if he wasn't guaranteed to continue making $8 million as an undercard fighter. So whatever amount you think the Jones fight would have made after paying them both $8 million +PPV points, they would then go back to losing money on his subsequent fights by paying an undercard non champ who isn't a big draw $8 million, plus paying millions more for whoever is the main event on those cards.

So that's putting the HW division on hold for 2 years to maybe make back $2-3 million on a fight that was unlikely to happen at all, and if he wins, Fury certainly would have had a rematch clause, and if he gets blown out and comes back and gets choked by Jones, they now have an additional $16 million liability for an undercard fighter who isn't much of a draw, which would again put them in the red just for keeping him on the roster.
I admire the fact that you used common sense, numbers, rational thinking and facts.... but unfortunately it will be completely lost on the min wage sherdoggies that don't understand (aside from making zero sense from a business aspect of it) the terrible precedant that would set

Lmao ufc shills on suicide watch. Oh he'll never get the boxing match. And if he does get it, it'll be against a no name and he'll be one and done.

Guess you guys were fucking wrong AGAIN lmao.
What in thee fuck does Francis boxing have anything to do with Dana White and the UFC??
I thought the PFL was the big winner in this?
And how much have they made off of Francis right now?
So in your retarded scenario, the UFC would've won if they gave in to Frank and let him box? The UFC would've LOST money if they promoted him to put up those sales numbers!
So you believe the UFC losing a shit ton of money would've been a win for the company??

Dana could go suck Francis's dick if it weren't too big for Dana's mouth.

Back