*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Right, because Jones would do so well against top 10 boxers. This forum cracks me up. Everyone flops hard after a result comes in for a fight. Now Frank was a bum all along and Dana is this keen guy.
I love Big Frank.
I love Goat Jones.
I wished they kept mutual respect between each other. Big Frank didn't need to shit talk Jones.

On a side note, gained huge respect for Anthony Joshua for how he treat Ngannou after the match and post fight conference. Heard bad things about him but he tried to keep Frank's confidence in tack after that KO and that was all class.

I love Big Frank.
I love Goat Jones.
I wished they kept mutual respect between each other. Big Frank didn't need to shit talk Jones.

On a side note, gained huge respect for Anthony Joshua for how he treat Ngannou after the match and post fight conference. Heard bad things about him but he tried to keep Frank's confidence in tack after that KO and that was all class.
I see what you meant now, I thought you were talking competitively. But to be fair, Jones has done a lot of shit talking himself about Frank. Agree with your sentiments on Joshua.

(talking in general here, not to post response) It's really foolish to diss a fighter who had the balls to fight a champ and top contender in his first two boxing matches; Sherdoggers have eggs on their face for all of this stupid talk today. Frank actually did great.

It wouldn't be a main event. It's a 38 year old who's lost 3 of his last 4 against a guy who's 0-2 and just got decapitated in 4 minutes.

Not much point in Francis boxing again for a smaller payday. Of the 5 non jabs Joshua landed, 2 knocked him down and put him in a coma with another, and Wilder is a bigger puncher than that. Not worth the likelihood of being put in a coma again to be the 4th fight down for 6 figures. It's pretty much retire or maybe fight that guy in PFL if he wants to keep going.

I'd pay to see it, LOL.

Another KO highlight reel would be awesome (and Big Frank gets another Saudi bag).

Wilder looked emaciated and gun shy in his last fight, so if Frank ties him up in the clinch there could be a proper fight.

Francis got 4 concussions in that boxing match.

He's done.

LMAO! Do you know what "debunk" means?

You posted a quote regarding Jones negotiating for a payday.

You realize Francis QUIT the UFC when offered to fight Jones?

He quit, left MMA instead of fighting Jones.

Lmfao read the post again. Debunked 1000% stop crying.

There is Dana, talking about how Jon jones is DUCKING Francis by asking for 30 million ya dipshit. Keep crying.

Oh, Derrick Lewis is the fight to make. But if Jon Jones really wants that fight… Listen, it is one thing to go out and tweet and say you want it and that I put on the weight and this and that. Do you want the fight?” Dana White questioned. “I promise you, we can call Derrick Lewis or one of these other heavyweights and they want the fight. If Jon Jones really wants the fight, Jon Jones knows he can get the fight. All he’s got to do is call and do it.”

Jon had 3 years to fight Francis. Francis wasn’t gonna keep resigning with the ufc.

23 pages LOL. I didn't even know they were scheduled to fight until 30 seconds ago watching the KO

I'd pay to see it, LOL.

Another KO highlight reel would be awesome (and Big Frank gets another Saudi bag).

Wilder looked emaciated and gun shy in his last fight, so if Frank ties him up in the clinch there could be a proper fight.
Not sure what a Saudi bag would be for a fight lower down a card though. Deontay will be 39 later this year and has lost 3 of his last 4, and he's actually the one who doesn't have much reason to take the fight. It would be a decent supporting fight, but not really main event worthy.

That was projected pay if the event did well, but the event bombed. Fury was projected to make $50 million, but really made $32 million.

Not sure what a Saudi bag would be for a fight lower down a card though. Deontay will be 39 later this year and has lost 3 of his last 4, and he's actually the one who doesn't have much reason to take the fight. It would be a decent supporting fight, but not really main event worthy.

That was projected pay if the event did well, but the event bombed. Fury was projected to make $50 million, but really made $32 million.
Nope the Saudis dont pay based on PPV sales, they only do fixed rates

im glad AJ wiped the floor with him

after last fight with fury all the mma fans were disrespecting boxing big time, this just show not any amateur can just come in and dominate. it takes years to refine the skill

top strikers in ufc are amateur level in boxing world

you are right, Jones would have taken him down and break his head open with elbows or just choke him into a drooling retard
he would have been koed inside 20 seconds and nobody would ever care again about the drugcheat.

Lmfao read the post again. Debunked 1000% stop crying.

There is Dana, talking about how Jon jones is DUCKING Francis by asking for 30 million ya dipshit. Keep crying.

Oh, Derrick Lewis is the fight to make. But if Jon Jones really wants that fight… Listen, it is one thing to go out and tweet and say you want it and that I put on the weight and this and that. Do you want the fight?” Dana White questioned. “I promise you, we can call Derrick Lewis or one of these other heavyweights and they want the fight. If Jon Jones really wants the fight, Jon Jones knows he can get the fight. All he’s got to do is call and do it.”

Jon had 3 years to fight Francis. Francis wasn’t gonna keep resigning with the ufc.
By the time was ready / ended up signing in 2022, Francis had just fought gane and was in contract negotiations with the UFC.

So, realistically, he had two years to fight Ngannou by that point, and it's obvious that he took some time to gain weight and move up to HW properly.

Every indication is that Jones had already come to an agreement and was ready to fight, roughly mid 2022. According to Chael, Dana, Ariel, DC, etc. He was briefly linked to a december card of that year to fight Stipe. Then later on he was linked to fight for the HW belt in march, this was before Frank had officially left.

Everyone, literally everyone made it clear that Ngannou was in the heat of contract negotiations, up until the very moment that he left.

If that were also the case with Jones, then they would've also made that very clear.

When the fight could finally be made, it wasn't Jones who held it up.

It was frank. Ultimately, he's the one who left the UFC.

Even after Jones fought In march, there was still a chance for Ngannou to resign and fight Jones, but he went elsewhere.

Anything people are saying beyond this is pure delusion, nothing more.

he would have been koed inside 20 seconds and nobody would ever care again about the drugcheat.
Yes, one of the least cleanly hit fighters in MMA history, some of the best defense of all time, dangerous In every aspect of the fight is going to be easily knocked out.

as if he hasn't fought a murderers row of fighters who could also catch and knock him out as well.

Anthony Johnson, DC, Rampage.

Ngannou isn't special.

People vastly overrate Ngannou, especially given the fact that he's displayed clear vulnerabilities in several fights, both on the feet and the ground.

and vastly underrate Jones. One of the greatest fighters In the history of the sportk him cto be so confident that anyone can just easily knock him out or even beat him on the feet, is just pure delusion and hate.

By the time was ready / ended up signing in 2022, Francis had just fought gane and was in contract negotiations with the UFC.

So, realistically, he had two years to fight Ngannou by that point, and it's obvious that he took some time to gain weight and move up to HW properly.

Why is Frank having to wait three years for Jon jones?

Every indication is that Jones had already come to an agreement and was ready to fight, roughly mid 2022. According to Chael, Dana, Ariel, DC, etc. He was briefly linked to a december card of that year to fight Stipe. Then later on he was linked to fight for the HW belt in march, this was before Frank had officially left.

False again. Jon jones was offered the fight instead of gane Jon didn’t take it. Why would Frank re-up his contract when he had been on one fight deal since 2018?

Everyone, literally everyone made it clear that Ngannou was in the heat of contract negotiations, up until the very moment that he left.

False, Frank had said he had been fighting the ufc about his contract since 2018.

If that were also the case with Jones, then they would've also made that very clear.

When the fight could finally be made, it wasn't Jones who held it up.

The fight could have been made in 2021 or 2022 and Jones didn’t want it then.

It was frank. Ultimately, he's the one who left the UFC.

Even after Jones fought In march, there was still a chance for Ngannou to resign and fight Jones, but he went elsewhere.

Anything people are saying beyond this is pure delusion, nothing more.

Back