• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Fox News already making excuses for a Trump debate loss

meh. this is just generic drivel. you should adapt these posts to posters. i won't even watch the debate. i'm just commenting on what i've seen over and over. each side will think their side will win, has won, would have won in any circumstances. now it's the pre-debate time when the "victory conditions" are formulated out of thin air.

it's childish shit and i'm calling it as it is.
No. One side, team Trump, will deny the reality of what happens.

Calling my thoughts drivel lol...

Bothsidesism, your argument, is one the most thoughtless, laziest argument positions of all time. Yes, both sides will claim victory...one will obviously, objectively be right in this case.

Agree with your points/opinions here besides the bolded. I find it highly enjoyable, and we are definitely not better than this lol

It is enjoyable until you realize that it's not a sitcom and it's the actual real life leader of our country lol

But we are not better than this, you are correct there. We're getting what we deserve.

Yes, both sides will claim victory...one will obviously, objectively be right in this case.
and both will say it's objectively their side that won.
i'm too old to buy this shit. you can if you want.

It is enjoyable until you realize that it's not a sitcom and it's the actual real life leader of our country lol

But we are not better than this, you are correct there. We're getting what we deserve.
You are right to an extent, but it going down in flames for a bit might be the remedy we truly need. Not generally a fan of tossing the baby out with the bath water, but maybe that is what needs to be done. We are all seemingly fighting tooth and nail against an old bag of bones using another old bag of bones. It is absurd.

For a lot of Biden voters, he will have "curbstomped" Trump just by being alive. Don't act like this isn't going to get claimed irrespective of his performance.
Would agree here as with most of Trump supporters. Too many are heavily invested so they will not be objectivity. That went out the window years ago here.

Would agree here as with most of Trump supporters. Too many are heavily invested so they will not be objectivity. That went out the window years ago here.
Which is my point. It's political theater with a pre-determined end for the supporters of each.

No. One side, team Trump, will deny the reality of what happens.

Calling my thoughts drivel lol...

Bothsidesism, your argument, is one the most thoughtless, laziest argument positions of all time. Yes, both sides will claim victory...one will obviously, objectively be right in this case.
Both sides will do it so it seems like an appropriate response. There is little objectivity left in politics at present.

Frankly, all Trump needs to do is allow Biden to talk.

The mute button should work nicely in his favor as it did in their second debate last time. Biden is a meek old loser and Trump should approach the debate as such. He doesn’t need to run roughshod over the old bastard.

People are done with Biden but the pant shitter does invoke sympathy with normies as he stutters and blunders. Hell, even I feel sorry for him and he’s sold this country out worse than any President in history.

Also, Biden without a doubt is on uppers when he needs to perform be it a debate or state of the union. He is still an embarrassment even on his PEDs. .

This isn’t the Olympics. If the President needs drugs to stay awake, I suppose he should be allowed to take them.

But nobody really wins debates. They don’t move the needle unless somebody really shits the bed…but even then..John Fetterman had the most embarrassing debate performance I’ve ever seen and he still won his seat handily.
<BidenShutIt>

Gullible me thinking the mic mute was to stop them talking over each other. I'm sure that's exactly the planprompted.

Who knows what their plan is. If they put on a timer and cut when times up each time then I can see it.

Any information on the other rules and how this is set up.

This is all I have found.

"What You Need To Know

• CNN has provided further information about the first presidential debate between President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump
  • Both Biden and Trump will stand at neutral podiums, and the positioning of those podiums will be determined via coin flip
  • Candidates' microphones will be muted during the debate until it is their turn to speak, seemingly an effort to limit interruptions and crosstalk
  • There will be no audience at the debate, and no props or pre-written notes will be allowed; each candidate will be given a pen and a pad of paper with which to take notes, as well as a bottle of water

• The debate will take place Thursday, June 27, at CNN’s studio in Atlanta"

Last edited:
don't know how the media has made people believe that Biden could hang with Trump in a debate. That is some crazy brainwashing.
Are you not aware that this debate happened in 2020 and Biden not only beat Trump, but he beat him so bad that Trump accused him of using PEDs? This Fox News pre-excuse making is just a retread of an already used excuse by Trump.

Of course they are. Convicted Felon Trump is a bitch like his cult followers. They know he's a shit stain, but it's too late to tell the truth since they've gotten too deep in their worship of him. Now they have to bend the knee or risk losing the retards that watch Fox "News".

Biden is kind of a bad match up for Trump honestly because the way you beat Biden is you let him talk and expose his mush brain but Trump's style is to jump all over you and not let you talk which makes Trump look like he's bullying a nice old man at a bus stop.

I think the caveat with the muted mics will help Trump a lot more than Biden and seems like a huge misstep from the Biden camp.

They should want Biden speaking as little as possible.
Apparently, they know something you don't. What a surprise.

Are you not aware that this debate happened in 2020 and Biden not only beat Trump, but he beat him so bad that Trump accused him of using PEDs? This Fox News pre-excuse making is just a retread of an already used excuse by Trump.

The Biden 4 years ago is not the Biden now in 2024.

Nor is Trump, but let me ask you, if only brainwashing could allow people to believe Biden can hang with Trump in a debate, then why is his own side already throwing out excuses for why Biden will win? Is Fox News brainwashed by Biden?
True but you cannot allow facts get in the way of right wing talking points.

Nor is Trump, but let me ask you, if only brainwashing could allow people to believe Biden can hang with Trump in a debate, then why is his own side already throwing out excuses for why Biden will win? Is Fox News brainwashed by Biden?

I watched the clip in the OP. Hannity didn't sound scared to me - just taking shots at Biden being on drugs just to even get to the debate stage.

Back