Forums you used to be on a lot as a user and moved on from.

I used to post a ton on the Rotten Tomatoes forums in the early 2000's.

JRE forums, Underground. I moved away from them after I discover how much fun it is to get a rise out of people from all the ridiculous comments I make on different social media platforms.

I posted on metal forum for about 4 years until it went under. The only other forum i've haunted is Sherdog for about the same amount of time.

All other forums i've signed up for have just been to pop in and out with a question or two.

I posted on the James Randi Educational Foundation forum for ten years.
Finally ditched because the political subforum was a haven for left-of-lefties.

Gamefaqs, Tvtome, and imdb.

I've been on Sherdog for 11 years now, first became a member in August 2006.

In 1999-2000 I was a member of diabloii.net and in 2001-2002 I was a member of warcraftiii.net

I believe both sites are gone now. Those are the only other forums I ever posted on.

Oh, I'm also a member of Caudata.org which is a site for amphibian hobbiests and enthusiasts. I have three pet newts. Haven't visited it since about 2009 though. Probably don't remember my password.

Previous mma forum. So glad I found here after

I used to frequent the IMDB forums reguarly from 2005 - 2009. This place has become my go to forum for movie and TV related things. I find the posters here are quite intelligent and can give better analysis's compared to the posters over at IMDB (when the forums were still up and running).

I used IMDb as much as Sherdog. The trolls are responsible for the shutdown of their movie forums. @shadow_priest_x

I have only been on 3 forums in my life. A Military one in the early 2000's that mods ruined, MMA Junkie in 2008-now and this one...

Boxing Scene. I still love boxing but Sherdog is an all round better forum.

MMA Forum. Last time I lurked it had about 4 or 5 active users.

Apechild.com quite a few years ago until it went under after the Ape Master (site owner/administrator) got married and sold the site.

There was a forum, started by some sherdog members, called bloodyknux that was around for a little over a decade. It recently closed down because it was just a pain in the ass to keep going. I'm also still on boxrec where I will lurk from time to time, but I don't really ever post there. I actually created an account originally because I was doing some research on my grandfather's uncle who was a pro boxer. They had tons of info about him there and shared it with me. One of my relatives was writing a geneology book about our family and used the info they provided. It was awesome.

I remember bloodyknux, i heard the reason it closed was no income coming in and it cost a lot for the server,

Boxrec is a bunch of snobs and they ban you quick, i remembered posting two articles from sherdog there few years back and they banned me saying i was trying to promote my website and they didnt want to give traffic lol.

Anyone remember Subfighter forums? That place was awesome it was a comptetitor to sherdog and was promising and getting more and more traffic and then the owner said they were remodeling the site and put it in maintence mode and it never came back

MMA Forum. Last time I lurked it had about 4 or 5 active users.

Forums are dead, sherdog is the only decently active forums, but even sherdog has lost a ton of forum activity from its heyday.

Bodybuilding.com lost traffic the forums are no longer as active.

Thanks to Facebook the forum has now become nearly obsolete. Why join a forum sign up when you now can just log into articles on espn with your facebook to comment and discuss topics?

message boards are better in my opinion because you can have annonymity and some privacy unlike facebook where they ask for government id and picture and phone if you get locked out of your account

Hopefully forum message boards have a resurgence, lets make message boards great again! Lol

I used to post on a guitar and a gaming forum.

Just Sherdog now

the underground/otherground .

the owners of that website had several security problems and have been ignoring the technology problems for almost 2 decades.

the posters are also pretty shitty people seems to bring out the worst in people.

also several car forums,calguns, bike forums,south park forums.

I used to go hard on aol chatrooms in the 90s

Then in the 2000s I was on AIM all the time with my friends, was pretty big on MySpace. Started going on 4chan in 2006 and went on sherdog and IMDb shortly after. Stopped goin on IMDb in like 2009

I go through phases where it's 90% sherdog and 10% 4chan and then it switches

I used to go on a site I really can't remember from 98-04 almost daily. It was a rap music place. I wonder if they think of me like y'all think of past sherdoggers.

Will you remember me?

I use to create a lot of havoc on StarTrek.com and the 7th house (official Danzig message board) many years ago. Also, Rottalk (a Johnny Rotten message board) until it was shut down.

BB.com Nutrition section.

Had its moments, especially prior to the creation of the NutMisc by its most dramatic members, but Mayberry has been more consistently good over the years.

Back