A person blaring music in the apartment next to you next door WWYD?

T-800
@Green
Reaction score
I'm an apartment dweller and have had shitty people around me in the past. I moved to a better place and have better neighbours now though so not a personal problem but I'm a bit of a night owl and Every night starting around 12am I can hear the music blaring from the apartment building across the street. It doesn't affect me because it's across the street and can only hear it faintly.

I can't help but think about the people living in the building though having to deal with the asshole blaring music from 12 until the witching hour. What would you do if you lived next to this guy?

Edit: I also live in Canada so you only get around 12 years max for murder.

Last edited:
Depends. If someone is consistently blaring music at 12AM and/or it's not Friday or Saturday night, then they get a knock on the door and politely told to turn the volume down and stfu.

Depends. If someone is consistently blaring music at 12AM and/or it's not Friday or Saturday night, then they get a knock on the door and politely told to turn the volume down and stfu.
It's everyday.

You aren't allowed to blast music after a certain time where I live, I would ask them to turn it down.

I'm honestly pretty chill about that kind of thing usually. I'm quiet myself but don't mind if other people make noise unless it's truly ridiculous.

I also live downtown and hear very... questionable sounds day and night tho.

Are the neighbors white, black, asian, mexican, samoan, or other?
1 white, 1 black, 2 Mexicans and someone who isn't quite sure of there heritage but doesn't want to go on a website to send their DNA in because they're paranoid is will be added to a database.

If I had already tried to talk it out, I would lose my shit.

Honestly, at that point probably call the police or otherwise make a complaint because I wouldn't trust myself not to escalate things and throw teh jab.
I've seen the police come over and when you have a noise complaint here they tell you to turn it down and once they leave after 5 minutes it's blaring again.

Depends if they are violating a law, an ordinance, or just some standard I think is appropriate.

Proximity to neighbors is one of my favorite things about my place. The properties are all 2-4 acre lots. I can see that I have neighbors, but rarely hear them.

First go talk to them in good faith, then call the cops, and after the cops leave, wait for the loud neighbour to come and try to stab you, because it's pretty obvious who called the cops. True story.

Last edited:
Back