News Former UFC fighter Tony Martin arrested, charged with assault on law enforcement officer

The report says the deputy later discovered Martin was a mixed martial artist and that because of the statements from Martin, the deputy “was in fear of physical harm from Martin.”

Uh oh, when cops start saying shit like that, you better hope you're wearing a bulletproof vest.

Last edited:
Dude you truly are not good at this. Imagine trying to argue that dorm housing and free food at a cafeteria is the same as multi million dollar NFL salaries.

Weird how just yesterday you were so sympathetic to the UFC exploiting sad reclusive Jason Thacker who spiraled into alcoholic depression (including arrest), but when it's a legit top 25 fighter and I'm the one making the valid points, you're suddenly such a wretched POS calling dudes boozehounds. And too slow upstairs to follow a basic financial/strategic observation about the UFC cheaping out to sign cans and fucking dudes who have put in work and are competitive threats.

At least you can admit you're garbage.

Tbf if his contract was up then we don't know the details of the negotiation. Maybe they offered him the same money to extend but he thought he was worth more and walked?

Anyhow, before some people might just brush him aside as a ufc reject, regardless of how his record looks like on paper, Martin's better than a lot of guys still in UFC. In my opinion anyways.

Yeah he was under-rated. Good fighter, think he just ran his course in the UFC rather than no longer being considered good enough.

so the alleged assault is him yelling at cops. sounds deadly.

yea, and once the deputies discovered that he was a professional fighter, they grew fearful despite his being in handcuffs and their having strength in numbers and presumably being armed. Were these badasses Uvalde transfers or something?

I'm pretty based, but the legal terminology of assault is verbal threats. Battery is the crime if someone is actually beat up.

Unless the woman was beat up or something I agree the cops probably made this one worse. The report never even said he forced her to stay.
I don't mine chalking this one up to ignorance. I thought it had a class on its own like communicating a threat etc. Assault just automatically paints an ugly picture.

This year just keeps getting crazier and crazier, and we are only ten days in.

<SelenaWow>

Tony Martin AKA Tony Rocco Martin who fought for the UFC between 2014-2020, and last competed under the CES banner.

Tony Martin charged with assault on law enforcement officer

According to police reports obtained by Bloody Elbow, deputies from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office responded to an abandoned 911 call (whereby a caller hangs up before speaking to the dispatcher) at an address in Bonita Springs. The report notes that the deputies had “just previously been at this location for a verbal disturbance.”

Once deputies arrived at the Bonita Springs address, they encountered a crying “white female” in a black Ford Expedition. The woman informed the deputies that “she just wanted to leave.”

While speaking to the woman, a “white male,” who was later identified as Martin, approached the deputies in the residence’s front yard. The report says Martin “appeared inebriated” and told the deputies to “get off my f–king property right now.”

When told by the deputies that an active investigation was underway, Martin reportedly responded, “I don’t care, and if you touch me, I will kick your ass.”

According to the report, Martin then “continued to escalate yelling and shouting statements such as, ‘I hate cops and you can suck my dick.’”

At that point, deputies reportedly restrained Martin after his “continuous attempts to square up face to face, in an aggressive posture with Deputies.”

While restrained, Martin reportedly said to one of the deputies, “You think you’re a bad man, if you take me out of these cuffs’ I will kick your ass.”

The report says the deputy later discovered Martin was a mixed martial artist and that because of the statements from Martin, the deputy “was in fear of physical harm from Martin.”

Martin was arrested and booked into the Lee County Justice Center at 5:16 am. He was bonded out of custody later that day, with a bail set at $5,000.

A hearing on the misdemeanor charge was scheduled for January 10, 2023, but Martin’s lawyer filed a request for a jury trial on a not-guilty plea. As a result, Martin remains free on $5,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear before a judge on February 22, 2023.

Ufc fighters seems to have problems with mental health.

Nothing like this never happened during Pride fc or Rizin.

Back