News Former UFC fighter Tony Martin arrested, charged with assault on law enforcement officer

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
This year just keeps getting crazier and crazier, and we are only ten days in.

<SelenaWow>

Tony Martin AKA Tony Rocco Martin who fought for the UFC between 2014-2020, and last competed under the CES banner.

Tony Martin charged with assault on law enforcement officer

According to police reports obtained by Bloody Elbow, deputies from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office responded to an abandoned 911 call (whereby a caller hangs up before speaking to the dispatcher) at an address in Bonita Springs. The report notes that the deputies had “just previously been at this location for a verbal disturbance.”

Once deputies arrived at the Bonita Springs address, they encountered a crying “white female” in a black Ford Expedition. The woman informed the deputies that “she just wanted to leave.”

While speaking to the woman, a “white male,” who was later identified as Martin, approached the deputies in the residence’s front yard. The report says Martin “appeared inebriated” and told the deputies to “get off my f–king property right now.”

When told by the deputies that an active investigation was underway, Martin reportedly responded, “I don’t care, and if you touch me, I will kick your ass.”

According to the report, Martin then “continued to escalate yelling and shouting statements such as, ‘I hate cops and you can suck my dick.’”

At that point, deputies reportedly restrained Martin after his “continuous attempts to square up face to face, in an aggressive posture with Deputies.”

While restrained, Martin reportedly said to one of the deputies, “You think you’re a bad man, if you take me out of these cuffs’ I will kick your ass.”

The report says the deputy later discovered Martin was a mixed martial artist and that because of the statements from Martin, the deputy “was in fear of physical harm from Martin.”

Martin was arrested and booked into the Lee County Justice Center at 5:16 am. He was bonded out of custody later that day, with a bail set at $5,000.

A hearing on the misdemeanor charge was scheduled for January 10, 2023, but Martin’s lawyer filed a request for a jury trial on a not-guilty plea. As a result, Martin remains free on $5,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear before a judge on February 22, 2023.

A shame his name wasn't Dana; now he is facing charges for being drunk and belligerent, instead of being defended online for making a woman cry and wanting to leave.
Cops sound like they were more than happy to escalate the situation and are lovely people lol.

Dude is a perfect example of the UFC treating their fighters like dogshit a single loss to Magny and a very solid record and a top 25 rank.
Then ends up with horrible staph and having drinking problems because the company that he succeeded in kicked him to the curb while signing a bunch of dogshit cantenders for cheap instead. Dude didn't have a single bad loss.

WGuFwTb.png

Last edited:
Bonita Springs is a really nice area, I was just there. It's filled with rich and old people. Strange area to be beating people up.

Bonita Springs is a really nice area, I was just there. It's filled with rich and old people. Strange area to be beating people up.
He was arrested because he told the cops to get off his property and not to touch him; not because he was fighting random people and they responded.

Unclear if he was involved with the sobbing woman or original 911 call.

He was arrested because he told the cops to get off his property and not to touch him; not because he was fighting random people and they responded.

Unclear if he was involved with the sobbing woman or original 911 call.

Doubt they deal with many people like him in Bonita Springs lol I'm sure cops acted irrationality

A shame his name wasn't Dana; now he is facing charges for being drunk and belligerent, instead of being defended online for making a woman cry and wanting to leave.
Cops sound like they were more than happy to escalate the situation and are lovely people lol.

iirc this guy was pretty decent and a quick cut after a single loss to Magny and a very solid record.

WGuFwTb.png
Dana is leading by example so we"ll probably see more fighters assaulting people on the streets including their wives

So this is gonna delay him spilling his guts on Kayla and Ali isn't it?
We're still waiting for that, just another attention whore looks like it, cant recall any of his fights or anything about him, yet i know he is the one that announced having an announcement...yet the announcement never came, i guess we know why, he was getting arrested, lol.

We're still waiting for that, just another attention whore looks like it, cant recall any of his fights or anything about him, yet i know he is the one that announced having an announcement...yet the announcement never came, i guess we know why, he was getting arrested, lol.
You can't remember him fighting? The guy was actually pretty entertaining and well rounded. Just not a prettyboy look or a company bootlicker. (so of course didn't even get a bonus for this sick headkick)

Dude is a perfect example of the UFC treating their fighters like dogshit a single loss to Magny and a very solid record and a top 25 rank.
Then ends up with horrible staph and having drinking problems because the company that he succeeded in kicked him to the curb while signing a bunch of dogshit cantenders for cheap instead. Dude didn't have a single bad loss.

WGuFwTb.png

Martin should've won that fight against Magny too.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/11066/Neil-Magny-vs-Anthony-Rocco-Martin

MEDIA SCORES
Michael DeSantis
MMASucka.com 29-28 Magny
Drake Riggs
TheBodyLockMMA.com 29-28 Magny
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 29-28 Magny
MMAJunkie.com 29-28 Magny
Jed Meshew
MMAFighting.com 29-28 Magny
MMABrasil.com.br 28-29 Martin
Keith Shillan
Sherdog.com 28-29 Martin
Ryan Frederick
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Martin
Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com 28-29 Martin
Matthew Wells
FanSided.com 28-29 Martin
MMAMania.com 28-29 Martin
Jay Pettry
Sherdog.com 28-29 Martin
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 28-29 Martin
Mike Sloan
Sherdog.com 28-29 Martin
John Pollock
POST Wrestling 28-29 Martin

But Magny is fighting Burns next and this guy is fighting some bum on a regional circuit. And the charge sounds like a bs too and a made up one.

number-one-bullshit-khabib-nurmagomedov.gif

You can't remember him fighting? The guy was actually pretty entertaining and well rounded. Just not a prettyboy look or a company bootlicker. (so of course didn't even get a bonus for this sick headkick)

Nice one, but still dont remember him, to my "defense", that was the earliest fight on UFC 229, its been a while and probably missed that particular fight, i usually tune in early, but still dont remember him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back