News Former UFC fighter Tony Martin arrested, charged with assault on law enforcement officer

He could have very well been on an 10 or 11 fight win streak at that point. His fights with Maia and OAM were close too, many people thought he got robbed.
Dana needed to make room for guys he scouted with elite talent like Jay Perrin and Jamie Pickett lmaooo

Where was the assault though?

All i see is drunk guy yelling at cops and squaring up with them ...

Dont see anything about laying hands on cops or hitting nobody..

We pressing charges for what might happen now instead of whats happening?...

Seems abit over the top on both ends...

Also once your out of the UFC it really isnt a bad look for the promotion anymore...just looks like lifes rough for Martin since leaving lol

He said (towards the very end) in this interview that Bellator tried to feed him to Logan Storley on 2 weeks notice, so the opportunities are still there in other promotions, I guess.

Dana needed to make room for guys he scouted with elite talent like Jay Perrin and Jamie Pickett lmaooo

Funny, in that video I just posted he talks a bit about how watered down the UFC cards are now because of (I assume) DWCS jobbers.

I do kind of like Pickett though.

A shame his name wasn't Dana; now he is facing charges for being drunk and belligerent, instead of being defended online for making a woman cry and wanting to leave.
Cops sound like they were more than happy to escalate the situation and are lovely people lol.

Dude is a perfect example of the UFC treating their fighters like dogshit a single loss to Magny and a very solid record and a top 25 rank.
Then ends up with horrible staph and having drinking problems because the company that he succeeded in kicked him to the curb while signing a bunch of dogshit cantenders for cheap instead. Dude didn't have a single bad loss.

WGuFwTb.png
You blame this situation on the ufc??? Hahahahahahahahaha
Look how well nfl players are paid and treated and look at the shit they pull. Nice try, scooter. Go back to doing up your Velcro shoes and foaming at the mouth uncontrollably. Goodnight, sweet prince.

You blame this situation on the ufc??? Hahahahahahahahaha
Look how well nfl players are paid and treated and look at the shit they pull. Nice try, scooter. Go back to doing up your Velcro shoes and foaming at the mouth uncontrollably. Goodnight, sweet prince.
Not having good paying fights to train for and being dumped by the premier organization despite being a Top25 lvl fighter most definitely affects what someone does with their time.
No income; no big fights to have camps for.
But hey, I get it, you have no idea what it takes and are a perma-troll.
The irony of talking about velcro shoes and foaming at the mouth when your account reads like that of a 12 year old posting the most inane outbursts.

Last edited:
..later discovered Martin was a mixed martial artist and that because of the statements from Martin, the deputy “was in fear of physical harm from Martin.”
Heh.. this makes no sense
When did they found out, when he was in handcuffs or even later at the station lol

Damn, I wish I could've seen that. Just for that voice. Tony has such a good "yelling at the cops while shitfaced" voice.

Not having good paying fights to train for and being dumped by the premier organization despite being a Top25 lvl fighter most definitely affects what someone does with their time.
No income; no big fights to have camps for.
But hey, I get it, you have no idea what it takes and are a perma-troll.
The irony of talking about velcro shoes and foaming at the mouth when your account reads like that of a 12 year old posting the most inane outbursts.
Oh! Good rebuttal princess!

He could have very well been on a 10 or 11 fight win streak at that point. His fights with Maia and OAM were close too, many people thought he got robbed.

He's definitely a very good fighter. Def better than a lot of guys still in UFC. But UFC doesn't always seem to keep the best talents, oh well.

Tony Martin, AKA Rocco Martin, AKA Rock-Em-Sock-Em-Muttonchops was not only a real action fighter, but a genuine rankable talent with a lot of upside. He had some difficulty adjusting to lighweight and racked up a number of losses since his debut, but after he moved to welterweight, he has 7 fights where he only lost to #12 Maia and "lost" to Neil Magny
neil-magny-anthony-rocco-martin-ufc-250.png

I believe he left for free agency after that. I always marked him as a guy who could just start a run tomorrow if he wanted, but it seemed like he never was going to make it back to the UFC

You can't remember him fighting? The guy was actually pretty entertaining and well rounded. Just not a prettyboy look or a company bootlicker. (so of course didn't even get a bonus for this sick headkick)

I don't think I'd say he was entertaining, that's why he got cut really. They don't like people who are good but pretty dull. I can't really think of any especially memorable fights of his off the top of my head.

But yeah he's good.

Rock-Em-Sock-Em-Muttonchops was not only a real action fighter, but a genuine rankable talent with a lot of upside. He had some difficulty adjusting to lighweight and racked up a number of losses since his debut, but after he moved to welterweight, he has 7 fights where he only lost to #12 Maia and "lost" to Neil Magny
neil-magny-anthony-rocco-martin-ufc-250.png

I believe he left for free agency after that. I always marked him as a guy who could just start a run tomorrow if he wanted, but it seemed like he never was going to make it back to the UFC
It wasn't "free agency". The UFC didn't want to pay him decent money (50k/50k). 25th ranked boxers are making 150-500k and the UFC doesn't wanna pay 50k for a guy who could beat prospects. They want 10k Cantenders.

That's what these wokesters are doing, changing the definition of words. We are headed to dark times.
You have no idea what assault is. It's ok that you never understood the definition, but don't blame learning it now on an imaginary group of people.

Not saying I think he should be guilty of anything, but pick up a book some time

Almost reads like they are justifying the Officers fear, and the arrest, by information learned after the fact.
I hope that's not the case.
Yeah, that part seems like bullshit. It only should be assault if they feared he was threatening harm at the time, not if they thought the threats weren't reasonable before arresting him, then decided afterwards to be afraid of any threat

It wasn't "free agency". The UFC didn't want to pay him decent money (50k/50k). 25th ranked boxers are making 150-500k and the UFC doesn't wanna pay 50k for a guy who could beat prospects. They want 10k Cantenders.

It's more that they have a pay scale and they're moving people up it and people higher on it will make way if they don't think they're worth the money. I doubt overall compensation has reduced (although I do think it should be increased).

Thinking about it I do wonder if Ali had him blackballed because nobody else has been interested since his release and you'd think he'd be someone at least PFL would have looked at.

Yeah, that part seems like bullshit. It only should be assault if they feared he was threatening harm at the time, not if they thought the threats weren't reasonable before arresting him, then decided afterwards to be afraid of any threat

The OP conveniently leaves out that this arrest happened December 21st. So some of the quotes in the OP originate from the Police Reports obtained by Bloody Elbow.

Poorly written article, and OP.

Last edited:
That's what these wokesters are doing, changing the definition of words. We are headed to dark times.

I'm pretty based, but the legal terminology of assault is verbal threats. Battery is the crime if someone is actually beat up.

Unless the woman was beat up or something I agree the cops probably made this one worse. The report never even said he forced her to stay.

Back