Social Former boss trying to boycott me and not recognizing he is not my boss anymore (long read)

Sounds like he’s insecure about the changing power dynamic. I would ignore him and act like he’s irrelevant and the cherry on top would be to positively connect with the team that he failed to manage in such a way that it’s obvious to both him and the owner. Nothing like seeing somebody else take the reins and excel where you failed.
Great advice

Yeah, don't do that. Slimy political moves make you look slimy.

Are you good at your job? Just be great at it and move forward. Ignore his games and politely ask him to stay in his lane if necessary, tell you have it under control. Let your bosses see that all you want to do is be great at your job.

I'm in almost exactly the same situation right now, and trust me, it's the best move. Don't let him distract you. Keep your nose clean and kick ass, and don't let him rattle you. He's already lost, unless you play games and give it back to him. He's already shown the boss he's a pain in the ass. You be the opposite. Take care of business and don't get sucked into petty politics.
Thanks. That is good advice too.
Good luck to you too.

Construct a killer cyborg and send it back in time to kill the dudes mama before she gets famous. Worst case your first cyborg fails but your second model will be a dope ass liquid metal type that cant manage a sports store in newark due to crippling gambling addiction
Having watched Ex-Machina last week with Sherdog Movie Club I'm tempted to try this one.

If the lines have been drawn, don't blur them.

Be decisive in your actions but seek his input on matters of mutual concern.
Yeah. That is what I'm going to do.

Had kind of a similar situation with a man I respected very much. When it started to become an issue, I wrote him a thoughtful email thanking him for making such an impact on my life and career, but letting him know that we were now equal colleagues instead of one in charge. He appreciated it and we never had an issue again.

Just be honest, Man. He'll either be a cunt about it or he'll respect you more for it.
Yeah.. I gave him props in front of our boss and and all of our office. I'm not writing an e-mail but I get your point.

Ensure that your business cards are printed on a heavier weight paper, and employ much finer embossing for the script.

I run and have run department, territories, companies for 30 years.
1. Tell him the owner wants only you handling things from now on, if he has an issue take it up with owner.
2. Block him out of all decisions inside.
3. Be fair and document everything you do. Do not be soft and do not be tyrannical.

Tell him off on the email and cc the boss.

I tried to play nice with a guy I got promoted to the same level as once and he was just an absolute cunt and one day I lost it on him in an email chain and the boss pulled me aside and was super happy about it.

The boss loved that I had put the other guy in his place.

Your boss didn't promote you because he admired how easily you roll over. He promoted you because he saw some kind of leadership potential in you.

Part of that is leaders don't take shit from people they don't have to take shit from.

Your boss knows what is going on. He's watching you to see how you react to being fucked with

Stop asking him for advice or input on anything. You were allowing him to have authority by acting like he does.

Big ego control freak douchebag needs to be publicly humbled.

Back