Social Former boss trying to boycott me and not recognizing he is not my boss anymore (long read)

Blackballing/Votar en contra de
Maxresdefault.jpg

[The] rejection in a traditional form of secret ballot, where a white ball or ballot constitutes a vote in support and a black ball signifies opposition.[1] The system is typically used where an organisation's rules provide that one or two objections, rather than an at-least-50% share of votes, are sufficient to defeat a proposition. Since the seventeenth century, these rules have commonly applied to elections to membership of many gentlemen's clubs and similar institutions such as Masonic lodges and fraternities.

The principle of such election rules in a club is that it is self-perpetuating to preserve the current ethos (and exclusivity) of the club, by ensuring that candidates are congenial to (almost) all the existing members; i.e., new members are elected by unanimous or near-unanimous agreement of voting members. A difference of opinions could be divisive, so that an election must be taken secretly as well as correctly.

The number of votes in support is often irrelevant, except to prove a quorum. Whilst in many such cases even a single black ball will be fatal to the candidate's election, rules in larger clubs ensure that a single member cannot exercise a veto to the detriment of the future of the club. For example, two black balls are required to exclude; a limited category or committee of members vote, rather than all members; or in the event of a blackball, the election may be repeated immediately to ensure that there is no mistake, or after a fixed period to allow further information or opinions to be discussed discreetly. A variant sometimes used is that all incoming candidates are voted on as a group; if the group as a whole is blackballed, then each member must be voted on individually.

The practice also found popularity in areas outside of social clubs. In the Soviet Union, dissertation panels would typically cast their vote on a thesis defense using this system.

Robert's Rules of Order notes that the use of black and white balls can be ordered by passing an incidental motion to that effect. The manual notes, "This custom, however, is apparently declining."[2]

The term still remains in use for many different electoral systems which have applied from club to club and from time to time: for example, instead of differently coloured balls, ballot-balls may be dropped into separate "yes" or "no" drawers inside the ballot box.

In some Masons' lodges, a black cube is used instead of a black ball so that a black ball can be differentiated from a dirty white ball, as the lighting in the meeting hall is very dim during voting.[3]

blackballing.png
Thanks buddy but I think we are talking about different things.

Post up a help wanted ad for his position and start interviewing people.
LMAO.

Ok Sal I read everything and I think our system will work wonders here. The guy is obviously trying to compensate for his lack of power and wants to put your decision making abilities into question to make himself seem more valuable. You hired the new guy...trust your gut and try to get proof that he said the guy was a no go. Keep that in case the guy does really well. The present that slyly to your boss to place the clown's judgement into question.

Now you will have the boss by your side and you can say how pumped you were to get the new guy after he proves he will work out. Say you really liked his resume and you wanted to give him a shot even though not everyone was on board based on his previous reference. I know this sounds like it would be in poor taste and you are right lol but he will know the other person that knows his references without you saying it.

Now you have the new guy and the boss behind you and this clown has lost the new guy forever...who is now crazy loyal to you...and the boss knows you make good decisions. The clown will learn you run the show and that's when you have the convo with him. Tell him pissing contests don't end well as you refuse to lose. He can work with you and support the mission or he can look for a better fit. He will make his next move but you will have all the power.

#workMOBtactics

Jocko Willink his ass, and when he gets uppity, just calmly go "I'm only here to help the company."

Then you can "self defend" when he charges you, and you'll get in a sweet german suplex through a window.

Ok Sal I read everything and I think our system will work wonders here. The guy is obviously trying to compensate for his lack of power and wants to put your decision making abilities into question to make himself seem more valuable. You hired the new guy...trust your gut and try to get proof that he said the guy was a no go. Keep that in case the guy does really well. The present that slyly to your boss to place the clown's judgement into question.

Now you will have the boss by your side and you can say how pumped you were to get the new guy after he proves he will work out. Say you really liked his resume and you wanted to give him a shot even though not everyone was on board based on his previous reference. I know this sounds like it would be in poor taste and you are right lol but he will know the other person that knows his references without you saying it.

Now you have the new guy and the boss behind you and this clown has lost the new guy forever...who is now crazy loyal to you...and the boss knows you make good decisions. The clown will learn you run the show and that's when you have the convo with him. Tell him pissing contests don't end well as you refuse to lose. He can work with you and support the mission or he can look for a better fit. He will make his next at but you will have all the power.

#workMOBtactics
Thanks brother.

I hate office pissing contests but don't force me into one because I will drink all the freaking water in the city and piss all over the place. lol.

I will update the story at some point. Now it's time for a shower.

Lol, word I make long posts too. Never understood why people still click on it knowing it'll be long, then complain about it.
Sherdog. Is normal.
<BC1>

Take a shit on the floor of his cubicle
I put that advice with @Cole train telling me to freeze my pee and throw it under my annoying neighbors door.

Jocko Willink his ass, and when he gets uppity, just calmly go "I'm only here to help the company."

Then you can "self defend" when he charges you, and you'll get in a sweet german suplex through a window.
I'm all for filling the room with uppercuts but Jocko is not my type

Confront him directly and explain to him that his behaviour is not acceptable and that you're all part of the same team. He needs to cut it out with his office politics bullshit. Just be upfront about it and don't mince words. He is no longer your superior so don't feel like you have to spare his feelings. Explain to him what the problem is exactly and as he is standing there pondering on the situation, headbutt him and when he's on the ground, kick him in the stomach. That'll teach him not to be an asshole and to respect your authority.

Tell him to stay in his lane and if he doesn't like it tell him to take it to the owner.

I suggest holding him down and spitting in his mouth.

If you don't have the authority to fire him then just shut up and stop trying to make it seem like you're his supervisor.

If holding him down and spitting in his mouth doesn't work, see if you can get @C-H-L to take him camping.

Back