Economy For the second Halloween in a row, U.S. candy inflation hits double digits

How could I blame the president for giving the US the best economy and middle class of all time?

I dont know, but since the reason for the increased candy prices are caused by increased raw-ingredient prices due to a wave of failing crops all over of the world, I dont see how it matters or why you would bring it up in the first place.
Because I am sure you did not try to use sarcasm to indicate that the prices ARE the result of american economy, Right? Because that would just be stupid -not to mention show inability to read the original post.

I dont know, but since the reason for the increased candy prices are caused by increased raw-ingredient prices due to a wave of failing crops all over of the world, I dont see how it matters or why you would bring it up in the first place.
Because I am sure you did not try to use sarcasm to indicate that the prices ARE the result of american economy, Right? Because that would just be stupid -not to mention show inability to read the original post.
I was saying that despite everything being more expensive or even unaffordable we live in unequivocally the best economic period in US history. There has never been a more economically prosperous or down right better time to be a middle class US citizen.

I was saying that despite everything being more expensive or even unaffordable we live in unequivocally the best economic period in US history. There has never been a more economically prosperous or down right better time to be a middle class US citizen.
Well, good for you. Then perhaps the candy that are getting more expensive due to rapidly dwindling raw-ingredient supply after failing crops, will make the obese americans buy healthier food produced domestically inside the US instead.

Well, good for you. Then perhaps the candy that are getting more expensive due to rapidly dwindling raw-ingredient supply after failing crops, will make the obese americans buy healthier food produced domestically inside the US instead.
Soon we may even be able to provide homes and cars! Who could imagine that things may get even better than they are right now!

If they don’t wanna pay for higher priced candy then don’t. Kid’s should have figured out the only places to go trick or treating are well-off area’s with expensive homes that have nice cars in the driveway. At least that’s where I went to get candy as a kid.

Last edited:
now people are going to have to start spray painting "$2 Candy!" on the sides of their white vans, because under bidenomics it is no longer economically feasible for them to advertise free candy.

If they don’t wanna pay for higher priced candy then don’t. Kid’s should have figured out the only places to go trick or treating are well-off area’s with expensive homes that have nice cars in the driveway. At least that where I went to get candy as a kid.

my neighboorhood growing up was full of pakistani's and hindu's and they would give all the trick or treaters handfuls of peanuts, or nothing at all.

the trick was to go into the harder to reach neighboorhoods later on into the night because they never got much trick or treaters and they would just dump their whole bowl full of candy in your sack and then turn off their lights. i could get 4 pillowcases loaded in maybe just a dozen houses. good times.

Makes sense. Raw sugar is a commodity at a 11 year high plus when other luxuries are too expensive, families turn to candy to fill the gap.

Sugar is a better hedge then metals in harder times.

250 pieces for 25 dollars? That’s fucking cheap lol

I'm far less concerned with 14% junk food inflation to first-worlders than I am with this:

what a bunch of whiners. pull yourself up by the bootstraps already.

Hey, you might think that we measure the strength of the economy by looking at things like wages, employment rates, wealth, household debt ratios, etc., but no. Those things are insignificant. The one true measure of the strength of the economy, which Republicans have been extremely consistent about using over the years, is how expensive candy is (the more expensive it is, the worse the economy is, regardless of all that other stuff).

Who cares if we can't pay our bills and are in 2 wars when Trump said mean words.

We're not in any wars (what country are you posting from?), and we can definitely pay our bills. I agree that Trump was an embarrassment as head of state, though.

People eat way too much candy.

It's such an unfortunate human proclivity to poison oneself in such a way.

Back